shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling EM1, Dani & Peaches...Gummi''s ring is finally here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Oh thank you, thank you, thank you Rose-E, cmarie, loriken, fogdancer, luvmyhalo, 04diamond and akmiss!!!! You are all so sweet. I''m so glad to have found this site.
1.gif

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 7:36:14 PM
Author: ilovesparkles
AMAZING! I really love how the traps almost look like a continuation of the EC center! Its just breath taking!
Thanks, ilovesparkles! That''s exactly what I was trying to achieve! I really wanted it to be sort of like a solitaire, but with accent stones (if that makes sense), instead of a traditional three-stone ring where the sides are about half the carat weight of the center.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its very lovely!
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

oh gosh--gorgeous!!!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You achieved perfection!!!
36.gif

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
It''s really stunning! Love Leon''s work but your stone is beautiful to start with anyway. Congratulations!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Um...this ring is drop dead gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
O . M .G. !!!!! Gummi!!!!!!!!

That is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I am in love with your ring!!!!! Seriously, that EC is to die for, and the setting-unbelievably beautiful!!! I am so happy for you!!!! Congratulations and enjoy your new ring sweetie!!!!!
2.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Maisie, canuk-gal, motownmama, goodsoul & Bliss--you guys are sooooooo nice! I really appreciate all the comments on my ring. I have to give credit to Leon though, he did a great job. I really left a lot of the design up to him...I just requested a delicate, low-set ring and he really delivered! It was hard to "let go" of the control because I am a control freak
11.gif
, but I think it really paid off in this case.
9.gif
Thank you all again!

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 8:45:28 PM
Author: Dani

That is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I am in love with your ring!!!!! Seriously, that EC is to die for, and the setting-unbelievably beautiful!!! I am so happy for you!!!! Congratulations and enjoy your new ring sweetie!!!!!
2.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Oh, Dani, I''m so glad you like it! I drooled over your ring for so many months, so I''m glad I get to give back, lol.
9.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 8:59:09 PM
Author: gummibear

2.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Oh, Dani, I'm so glad you like it! I drooled over your ring for so many months, so I'm glad I get to give back, lol.
9.gif

Oh, thank you, Gummi!!!! But now I want a ring like yours!!!!! I just showed DH the pics of your ring and then told him I really want to consider making mine a 3 stone (was going to reset it right before my wedding - making it either a 3 stone EC or the EC with traps).....Im so bad!!!!! But seriously, it is sooooo gorgeous!!!

We need some pics from afar so I can see real-life size!!!! Our stones are similar in size, so I'm curious!!!!
2.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous! So classic and beautiful!

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 9:03:50 PM

2.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Oh, Dani, I''m so glad you like it! I drooled over your ring for so many months, so I''m glad I get to give back, lol.
9.gif

Oh, thank you, Gummi!!!! But now I want a ring like yours!!!!! I just showed DH the pics of your ring and then told him I really want to consider making mine a 3 stone (was going to reset it right before my wedding - making it either a 3 stone EC or the EC with traps).....Im so bad!!!!! But seriously, it is sooooo gorgeous!!!

We need some pics from afar so I can see real-life size!!!! Our stones are similar in size, so I''m curious!!!!
2.gif
You are so funny!! I toyed with the idea of a solitaire like yours, but I always gravitated towards 3 stones. Originally I wanted Emerald cut side stones, but I''m so glad I went for the traps...the tapered sidestones flow really well with my "fatter" Emerald.

Your ring was designed by ERD, right? They sold me my diamond. They quoted the setting for me too, but for some reason Leon was a lot cheaper. If you''re really thinking about re-setting I''d check with Leon too. But your solitaire is so lovely....I can see how it''s a hard decision!
19.gif

I will try to get some distant shots (if FI will cooperate and play photographer). I''m waiting for a nice sunny day to get some fire shots...this little gal sparkles like crazy in the sun
30.gif

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 9:06:20 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Fabulous! So classic and beautiful!
Thank you Brown.Eyed.Girl!
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s just gorgeous! What kind of wedding band are you thinking about?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 9:15:09 PM
Date: 4/10/2009 9:03:50 PM

2.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Oh, Dani, I'm so glad you like it! I drooled over your ring for so many months, so I'm glad I get to give back, lol.
9.gif

We need some pics from afar so I can see real-life size!!!! Our stones are similar in size, so I'm curious!!!!
2.gif

You are so funny!! I toyed with the idea of a solitaire like yours, but I always gravitated towards 3 stones. Originally I wanted Emerald cut side stones, but I'm so glad I went for the traps...the tapered sidestones flow really well with my 'fatter' Emerald.

Your ring was designed by ERD, right? They sold me my diamond. They quoted the setting for me too, but for some reason Leon was a lot cheaper. If you're really thinking about re-setting I'd check with Leon too. But your solitaire is so lovely....I can see how it's a hard decision!
19.gif

I will try to get some distant shots (if FI will cooperate and play photographer). I'm waiting for a nice sunny day to get some fire shots...this little gal sparkles like crazy in the sun
30.gif

Yes, I got my ring from ERD. We had a great experience with Mark..Believe it or not though, I do think we paid more for my setting there than we would have at Leon's. I wasn't as educated then as I am now, so if I ever re-set there is no doubt I would want Leon to make my setting. I actually met him when Scarlet16 (PS poster) and I met in NYC and went to his office together (he was designing her ring, so I just went along
2.gif
). I found him to be very pleasant (and funny too)!!! LOL!

eta: Can I ask you, *about* how much did this setting cost you (including sidestones)? You dont have to answer if you dont want to, I totally understand....
1.gif
But Im curious b/c I want to see if its within reach anytime soon!!!
3.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
WOWZA! All the step cut yummy goodness! It looks amazing!!!

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 9:17:54 PM
Author: FrekeChild
It''s just gorgeous! What kind of wedding band are you thinking about?
Thanks, Freke! I am thnking about something with pave, maybe a thinner version of this band by Leon. I like the overall look, but I think my fingers could only handle a 3-4mm band. I''m not even sure if that''s possible, but it will be my next obsession...umm...I mean project.
31.gif

leonbandcustom.jpg

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
geckodani--Thank you!

Dani--That is interesting to hear that ERD was a little more expensive for you, too. I wondered why there was such a big difference in price ($1,000 difference). My ring was about $1,100 for the sidestones and about $2,000 for the labor/platinum setting. Considering the detail and craftsmanship, I think it''s totally worth it.

That is cool that you got to meet with Leon! We did the ring completely long-distance (even though we could have driven there to meet with him) and did everything by phone. I knew the look I was going for and had trust in him, so the whole thing was a breeze. I would have liked to visit his workshop though...maybe for my wedding band project.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 9:33:03 PM
geckodani--Thank you!

Dani--That is interesting to hear that ERD was a little more expensive for you, too. I wondered why there was such a big difference in price ($1,000 difference). My ring was about $1,100 for the sidestones and about $2,000 for the labor/platinum setting. Considering the detail and craftsmanship, I think it's totally worth it.

That is cool that you got to meet with Leon! We did the ring completely long-distance (even though we could have driven there to meet with him) and did everything by phone. I knew the look I was going for and had trust in him, so the whole thing was a breeze. I would have liked to visit his workshop though...maybe for my wedding band project.

Yes, if I remember correctly, we paid about $1800 for my setting. Considering it is basically a plain solitaire with a bit of pave around the basket, I think that is was alot......But we had such a great experience with Mark and ERD, I dont regret it at all. I love my setting and always will, but if I ever reset in the future, it will be a Leon all the way!!! I still feel like he does the best setting work out of everyone in this area (especially his claw prongs- DROOL)!!!!
1.gif

That's interesting you worked with Leon long-distance....you mentioned you're not that far away, right? Scarlet and I really had a good experience meeting with him...he was very open to her ideas, was funny, etc. I didnt find him to be rough around the edges (as some people have said) at all...to each is own, I guess!
1.gif

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 349px">Date: 4/10/2009 9:39:17 PM

geckodani--Thank you!

Dani--That is interesting to hear that ERD was a little more expensive for you, too. I wondered why there was such a big difference in price ($1,000 difference). My ring was about $1,100 for the sidestones and about $2,000 for the labor/platinum setting. Considering the detail and craftsmanship, I think it''s totally worth it.

Yes, if I remember correctly, we paid about $1800 for my setting. Considering it is basically a plain solitaire with a bit of pave around the basket, I think that is was alot......But we had such a great experience with Mark and ERD, I dont regret it at all. I love my setting and always will, but if I ever reset in the future, it will be a Leon all the way!!! I still feel like he does the best setting work out of everyone in this area (especially his claw prongs- DROOL)!!!!
1.gif

That''s interesting you worked with Leon from afar....you mentioned you''re not that far away, right? Scarlet and I really had a good experience meeting with him...he was very open to her ideas, was funny, etc. I didnt find him to be rough around the edges at all...to each is own, I guess!
1.gif
Yes, I probably should have met with him because we''re definitely within driving distance. I think I was just so anxious to get things rolling that I wanted to ship the stone to him immediately and just get that ring on my finger!!! Are you in NYC, too?

And we found Leon to be really nice as well. I know it''s a controversial topic around here, but so far so good
9.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 9:45:41 PM

geckodani--Thank you!

1.gif

That''s interesting you worked with Leon from afar....you mentioned you''re not that far away, right? Scarlet and I really had a good experience meeting with him...he was very open to her ideas, was funny, etc. I didnt find him to be rough around the edges at all...to each is own, I guess!
1.gif

Yes, I probably should have met with him because we''re definitely within driving distance. I think I was just so anxious to get things rolling that I wanted to ship the stone to him immediately and just get that ring on my finger!!! Are you in NYC, too?

And we found Leon to be really nice as well. I know it''s a controversial topic around here, but so far so good
9.gif

Im in NJ (about 45 mins from NYC). Where are you?
We need to have a PS get-together soon!!!!!
1.gif

elzny

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/10/2009 5:00:13 PM
And here is a shot of the finished ring with H, VS1 .49 ctw trapezoids on the side. Leon did an amazing job...even better than I could have imagined! He and Rachael were wonderful to work with and had my ring done in just three weeks!
GUMMI - That is one BLINDING EC ring! Congratulations!! IT IS GORRRRRRRRRRGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! I''ve never explored EC before until my recent project of helping a friend pick out an EC diamond. If I could have 2 rings, my next one will definitely be an EC!!!!!!! Now I''m thinking of getting my solitaire radiant reset by Leon!
9.gif

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 9:48:59 PM

Date: 4/10/2009 9:45:41 PM

geckodani--Thank you!

1.gif

1.gif

9.gif

Im in NJ (about 45 mins from NYC). Where are you?
We need to have a PS get-together soon!!!!!
1.gif
Oh, I''m really close to you! I''m just 1.5 hours North/East of the city. I would love to get together with fellow PSers..."Hello, my name is Gummi and I''m a jewelry addict."
31.gif

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 10:02:14 PM
Author: elzny

And here is a shot of the finished ring with H, VS1 .49 ctw trapezoids on the side. Leon did an amazing job...even better than I could have imagined! He and Rachael were wonderful to work with and had my ring done in just three weeks!
GUMMI - That is one BLINDING EC ring! Congratulations!! IT IS GORRRRRRRRRRGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! I''ve never explored EC before until my recent project of helping a friend pick out an EC diamond. If I could have 2 rings, my next one will definitely be an EC!!!!!!! Now I''m thinking of getting my solitaire radiant reset by Leon!
9.gif
elzny! Thanks! I''ve admired your gorgeous, huge radiant! That is awesome that you can help a friend pick out her diamond. If that were a job ("Personal Diamond Shopper") I''d totally quit my job for that
9.gif

I hope more people become open to EC''s...I think they get a bad rap sometimes because they don''t have the sparkle that rounds do, but they''re just so pretty
30.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good golly, this is gorgeous! Congratulations on such a stunner!

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is stunning! It turned out perfectly!! Congratulations!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Another EC lover here! Your ring is so beautiful. I have always, always loved traps with ECs. They just look so perfect and classic, and your ring is no exception! I would be staring at it all day long if it were on my hand.

elzny

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/10/2009 10:08:26 PM
Date: 4/10/2009 10:02:14 PM

Author: elzny

elzny! Thanks! I''ve admired your gorgeous, huge radiant! That is awesome that you can help a friend pick out her diamond. If that were a job (''Personal Diamond Shopper'') I''d totally quit my job for that
9.gif

I hope more people become open to EC''s...I think they get a bad rap sometimes because they don''t have the sparkle that rounds do, but they''re just so pretty
30.gif
Thanks Gummi!! Gosh I have not been able to take my eyes of your ring - it is SO BEAUTIFUL!! I thought about EC when I was getting my ring but I wasn''t sure I could find a good one (back then I didn''t know about PS or WF or ERD, uuuurrrgghh...) I''ve seen only one EC ring that blings like crazy - on a lady''s hand at the jewelry exchange where I got my RC. She works there so I figured she must''ve got the best cut. But YOUR RING BEATS HERS!!!!
36.gif
She had 2 EC side stones, which compete with the center quite a bit. Your traps compliment the center stone so much better!! REAL PERFECTION!!
30.gif

Yes, I would totally work as a "Personal Diamond Shopper" - my friend was stunned by my enthusiasm and persistence in searching the perfect diamond for his gf... LOL

I''m now seriously considering having my ring re-set by LEON!!
9.gif
I''m only 10 mins away from the city - count me in for the get-together!!

anyname

Shiny_Rock
23.gif
that is all. Actually, i''ve been thinking about how your ring was coming along (i hope that doesn''t sound weird) because you were so worried about working with Leon and how you wanted your ring to look. But it is truly stunning! I gain a new appreciation for EC''s with each beautiful stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results