shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling EC experts - opinions please!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Her prices vary so much depending on various factors that I don't think I could give you an adequate ballpark figure, but I think she might come in lower than VC or SK. If you want a basic pave halo with plain shank in platinum, I don't think that will run as much as a ring with custom cut side stones, for example. You can do the halo with the bright cut pave (and milgrain edges, if you want), or the other kind of pave. Caysie made a sapphire ring for me earlier this year. I know it is not at all what you have in mind, but it is an EC sapphire in a halo, at least, so maybe you can visualize E-W! Then I am going to show you the other kind of pave halo that I think Caysie's bench can do (again, I know you want plain shank), and Victor Canera and Steven Kirsch would be good options, as well, for this style.

Having difficulty getting my pics to post. So here is the link to my CVB ring:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/heirloom-ec-sapphire-ring-by-caysie-van-bebber-cvb-and-lad.220793/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/heirloom-ec-sapphire-ring-by-caysie-van-bebber-cvb-and-lad.220793/[/URL]

And you can look at Victor and Steven's site for their halos. Sorry I tried several times, but the photos were posting something other than what I was submitting! I can recall that happening before!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Well, decision has been made. :) I reached out to Caysie to get her input, and she will be designing my ring. Can't wait!!! I decided to go with a delicate bezel (I know Gypsy, I'm sorry, I had to! LOL!) with very fine milgrain lining the inner edge, and then Caysie suggested a vintage touch at the shoulders, which I love and will be including in the design. The shoulders will look like those in this pic - shield shaped with 3 graduated melee (J-K in color to match my stone) and milgrain edges. The gallery will be more open than the one pictured here. She's gonna start working on the CAD soon and I'll come back and share it when I've got it!! Oh - and I'm going with unplated 18K white gold, and I think the creamy color will be absolutely dreamy against my K stone....

img_1121.png

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
DiamondSeeker, your ridiculously amazing sapphire ring is what inspired me to go with the milgrain edged halo..mine ought to look somewhat similar to yours (in the center, anyway) but turned east-west....I'm so excited to see what Caysie comes up with!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't wait to see it. :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HOUMedGal|1475532595|4083331 said:
DiamondSeeker, your ridiculously amazing sapphire ring is what inspired me to go with the milgrain edged halo..mine ought to look somewhat similar to yours (in the center, anyway) but turned east-west....I'm so excited to see what Caysie comes up with!!

That is so awesome!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: I can't wait to see it, either!!!! Caysie's designs are heirloom-worthy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going to add one more thought. I would do the ring in platinum. Why? A few reasons. Unplated wg will limit the bands you wear with it to custom made, because you probably won't find any in unplated wg, otherwise. Platinum and yg bands won't look good with it. I like that platinum is heavier and just feels more substantial and will likely be around longer. I like the contrast of a warm stone with white metal. Many people here have K and lower stones set in platinum.

Here is one example of a PS member's ring with a K center. This ring is what made me realize I could do K color, especially with an antique style setting. I understand if you decide on unplated wg. I just felt like I should make one more pitch for platinum!

2016-02-05_1.jpg

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
I can't wait to see too! 8)

I'm torn on the metal color. :think: For me, I prefer white metals due to my skin tone - which is very cool (blue veins peek through my pink skin). Yellow gold just makes me look sickly. I like the idea of the unplated white gold (less common, unique). I also like the idea of mixing it up, maybe do the shank in yellow gold like the pic you sent with a white gold head, or the head in yellow gold and the shank in unplated white.

Do whatever works for your skin tone, and go with whatever you think will make you happiest. Or give CVB a creative license to do what she thinks will make your stone look amazing!

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
I love the idea of unplated white gold and see no issues with mixing up colors. IMO, contrast showcases the beauty of each material, and since unplated white gold is both warm and cool, it goes well with anything. Here's a photo of platinum, unplated white gold, rose gold, and yellow gold Erika Winters bands. The unplated white gold band is at the top of the stack.

erika-winters-fine-jewelry-wedding-bands-collection-00012.jpg

Of course, if you want your rings to match exactly in color, then it would be more difficult since each jeweler uses different alloys, which will vary in appearance. In that case, it would be best to have the matching band made at the same time as the ring.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let me clarify that I mainly meant the halo in platinum. I like shanks in yellow or rose gold or platinum. Caysie does some beautiful rings in two metals.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
So I should clarify - initially I was planning on doing just a BEZEL with milgrain on the inner edges, like the bezel holding DS's sapphire, without a halo. BUT....I've been staring at that gorgeous thing and thinking maybe I do want a halo...so, Caysie is going to draw up a CAD for me of each so I can actually visualize each, and then I'll decide. The halo will look just like DS's....love love love it!!! CADs should be done in a week or so!!! :)

Skhii that is a gorgeous stack of bands :love: ! I haven't decided what I want to do for my wedding band...but Caysie will likely be involved again ;-) I am pretty set on the 18K unplated white gold...Caysie thinks it will be gorgeous with my stone and it's her first choice stylistically...so I'm 95% sure that's what we'll do. I'll keep y'all posted!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see your design! I am sure I will love it in any metal! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results