shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling @canuk-gal

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do like the mikimoto clasp - but the main reason for the purchase is because having a miki item kind of takes the guesswork out of the equation for me (similiar to Going with Whiteflash ). Otherwise I don’t care for the brand name.
I got it from the real real which is supposed to authenticate items ? But you make a good point above about some believable fakes.
I just know I want a pair of pearl studs and a bracelet with smaller pearls ....with fab luster and quality. If you have any top contenders for me, I would be more then grateful :)
Yeah those sites' auth bites. Not in a good way. I honestly don't trust any of them at all. But since you aren't in it for the branding in this case it doesn't really matter!!

For the non-beater pieces...
If you have a Mikimoto AAA budget then I say go with Miki AAA. You get the quality without the hassle, just like you want, and you also get the brand value retention benefit.
If you don't have a Miki AAA budget then I would go to Takahashi for their best rather than settle for lesser at Mikimoto. It's a lot more work buying, but you can always ask for help here when you get some options. You seem to be very quality focused, and with pearls the more you look at them the more you see - it's very possible that a luster differential that you don't feel strongly about now (Miki's grades differ mostly by luster!) will irritate you in a year... Ask me how I know this :silenced:

dhimer

Shiny_Rock
Yeah those sites' auth bites. Not in a good way. I honestly don't trust any of them at all. But since you aren't in it for the branding in this case it doesn't really matter!!

For the non-beater pieces...
If you have a Mikimoto AAA budget then I say go with Miki AAA. You get the quality without the hassle, just like you want, and you also get the brand value retention benefit.
If you don't have a Miki AAA budget then I would go to Takahashi for their best rather than settle for lesser at Mikimoto. It's a lot more work buying, but you can always ask for help here when you get some options. You seem to be very quality focused, and with pearls the more you look at them the more you see - it's very possible that a luster differential that you don't feel strongly about now (Miki's grades differ mostly by luster!) will irritate you in a year... Ask me how I know this :silenced:

It arrived...I don’t think it’s real (missing the charm ). But at least it served the purpose to test out the look/size of the pearls. These are 6mm ...and Miki AAA bracelet can only be ordered in 5-5.5mm. Too small ?
Quick cellphone pics 3C4A893C-FA1E-43E0-BABF-B2B27E279CF6.jpeg

Attachments

• 9BA288AD-ABED-4427-B8AF-3C48E17DE70A.jpeg
    9BA288AD-ABED-4427-B8AF-3C48E17DE70A.jpeg
    270.5 KB · Views: 1,357

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It arrived...I don’t think it’s real (missing the charm ). But at least it served the purpose to test out the look/size of the pearls. These are 6mm ...and Miki AAA bracelet can only be ordered in 5-5.5mm. Too small ?
Quick cellphone pics 3C4A893C-FA1E-43E0-BABF-B2B27E279CF6.jpeg

Might still be auth! Might not be. Just no way to know for sure without contacting Miki unfortunately, and bo idea what the evaluation process is like or how much it costs :???:

Size is lovely on you ❤ But what do you think of the pearls? They look like a pretty traditional body colour, hard to judge overtone by photos. Could you see yourself reaching for them?

You can def order bigger sizes! The website might be limited in what you can order at any given time but they can request almost any stock pieces. Or you could contact your nearest boutique and see what they’ve got in stock, and what the return policy is for out-of-state customers ::)

dhimer

Shiny_Rock
HI:

While I do store it in a soft Cartier pouch, it does sleep with other gold necklaces! LOL. I should be more careful I suppose. My point is, that for all the wear and tare it looks new.

I am very happy with the size of the ball--as I wanted to emulate the Tiffany necklace. As it is, it is very heavy and I don't think a larger ball would have suited me and it would be too heavy. I can assure you I feel the weight--especially if I layer it.

I haven't been to that jeweller in ages (not convenient parking, etc) so I don't know if they are still in business. I should check it out for you. (there were a lot of jewellers in that mall with 24K stuff).

cheers--Sharon

Hi @canuk-gal. I will be in Canada in April and was wondering (ok hoping) if you would be interested in selling the bead necklace ? Maybe there are some other beauties out there calling your name lol

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@dhimer hope this note finds you well. Thank you for the offer but I love it too much to part with it. I hope you find what you are looking for!!! As @yssie previously mentioned I'd check Chinatown or Little India for a premade one. Good luck!

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results