shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Aussie PS''ers - help please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 11:39:20 PM
Author: arjunajane
Date: 2/8/2009 10:06:12 AM

Author: Deelight

HAHAHAHA, once I get a definite budget off FI I will :), I loved a mali garnet of Gene''s and it sold it was well within budget as well it went so quick though.

There are two (a pair) that I mildly (well totally) obsessed with currently, (I am thinking a three stone ring eventually) but they work out to just over 1k AUD
32.gif
so until I get a new job I will just have to hope they don''t get sold LOL...

There are others that I kinda like (mostly garnets LOL) but they just don''t give me the obsessiveness WANT THEM NOW kind that these do.

I am a lost cause at the momment, sigh this the same feeling I had about my e-ring LOL

Sounds like a plan on the thread
1.gif

I know what you mean, I''ve been pretty obsessive about this garnet project..
40.gif

I was telling FI about the little buggers again this morning, and he was all like well I will buy them for you
6.gif
if that makes you happy sweetie that he is :razz:. I am so tempted but told him I would think he was crazy if he did...I seriously feel so irresponsible spending that much money atm with things how they are and all the uncertainty but sigh they are so yummy.

I wish we could PM so I could send you the link to them, I don''t want anyone else to snatch them up LOL.

Hows the hunt for the custom work going, that garnet you have is LUSCIOUS.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 11:56:56 PM

Date: 2/8/2009 11:39:20 PM

Date: 2/8/2009 10:06:12 AM

HAHAHAHA, once I get a definite budget off FI I will :), I loved a mali garnet of Gene''s and it sold it was well within budget as well it went so quick though.

There are two (a pair) that I mildly (well totally) obsessed with currently, (I am thinking a three stone ring eventually) but they work out to just over 1k AUD
32.gif
so until I get a new job I will just have to hope they don''t get sold LOL...

There are others that I kinda like (mostly garnets LOL) but they just don''t give me the obsessiveness WANT THEM NOW kind that these do.

I am a lost cause at the momment, sigh this the same feeling I had about my e-ring LOL

Sounds like a plan on the thread
1.gif

I know what you mean, I''ve been pretty obsessive about this garnet project..
40.gif

I was telling FI about the little buggers again this morning, and he was all like well I will buy them for you
6.gif
if that makes you happy sweetie that he is :razz:. I am so tempted but told him I would think he was crazy if he did...I seriously feel so irresponsible spending that much money atm with things how they are and all the uncertainty but sigh they are so yummy.

I wish we could PM so I could send you the link to them, I don''t want anyone else to snatch them up LOL.

Hows the hunt for the custom work going, that garnet you have is LUSCIOUS.
Ya, I know how you feel..I feel kinda bad doing this ring at the moment, but I figure you gotta do what makes you happy - (and of course I know my job is fine)..

Thats very sweet of your Fi ! I wish I could see what you wanted too, but no don''t take the risk of posting!

I''m pretty sure I am going to go with the people who made Bling Addict''s spinel ring - just waiting to figure out a couple things.
I got the quote back from Eva Martin - not as bad as I thought, but at least a couple hundred more than the first quote
40.gif

Here is photoshop job of what it may look like - I''m liking the 2 tone in the middle, what do you think?

~54073321.jpg

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
6.gif
WOW that is going to look AMAZING with a capital A, all renditions are beautiful but I agree with you the one in the middle does it for me. The two toneness just accentuates that beautiful stone of yours without detracting from it, the middle is definitely my fave by far.

I can''t wait to see the finished product
30.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Wowser AJ. I second the second one is just really looks unbelievable. Did the jeweller prepare this for you or did you do it yourself?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 1:27:45 AM
6.gif
WOW that is going to look AMAZING with a capital A, all renditions are beautiful but I agree with you the one in the middle does it for me. The two toneness just accentuates that beautiful stone of yours without detracting from it, the middle is definitely my fave by far.

30.gif
Thanks Dee! I''m glad you agree...I''m deffo the most fond of the two tone.
Most likely I will have the entire leaves YG though, and the only bits in plat will be the milgrained part of the bezel and the wraps on the shank..
What do you think, would you also do the leaves in plat?

If anyone reading is ok at photoshop, could you possibly change the middle one to have a Yellow leaf..?
It would be appreciated!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 1:48:17 AM
Author: katebar
Wowser AJ. I second the second one is just really looks unbelievable. Did the jeweller prepare this for you or did you do it yourself?
Hey Kate! Thanks for the vote of confidence..
5.gif

No I''m not this skilled in photoshop, I wish ha!

Just to be clear, this is a photoshop that one of the designers just did quickly for me, to make sure we were on the same page etc..
It is James Meyer''s photo, and not an actual work-up of my ring or anything.

What do you think Kate about the leaves, yellow gold or plat..?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 3:13:59 AM
Date: 2/9/2009 1:27:45 AM

6.gif

30.gif

Thanks Dee! I''m glad you agree...I''m deffo the most fond of the two tone.

Most likely I will have the entire leaves YG though, and the only bits in plat will be the milgrained part of the bezel and the wraps on the shank..

What do you think, would you also do the leaves in plat?

If anyone reading is ok at photoshop, could you possibly change the middle one to have a Yellow leaf..?

It would be appreciated!

I really love it the way it is, it just pops to me though in YG it would still look beautiful, tough choice I don''t think you can go wrong really.

I don''t have PS atm but if I did I would sorry
7.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 3:16:41 AM

Date: 2/9/2009 1:48:17 AM
Author: katebar
Hey Kate! Thanks for the vote of confidence..
5.gif

No I''m not this skilled in photoshop, I wish ha!

Just to be clear, this is a photoshop that one of the designers just did quickly for me, to make sure we were on the same page etc..
It is James Meyer''s photo, and not an actual work-up of my ring or anything.

What do you think Kate about the leaves, yellow gold or plat..?
Hmm. Well knowing your preference from yellow gold i would say yellow gold but with the little grooves on the shank WG and the bezel WG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou Kate,
and thanks Dee, no worries hon!

Unfortunately the jeweller doesn't use CAD or anything, so I have to make sure I specify everything, not being in person and all
40.gif

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh, what a gorgeous pretty design. So feminine but bold at the same time.

I love it in gold because it sort of looks very over the top in decadence...you know purple and gold!!!!!

I also adore it with the white gold touches because it makes it lighter and more delicate in appearance.

I would love to see it ps with the other variation that you mentioned, but I would worry about the wraps not being equal distance from the centre stone. Having the leaf, or part of the leaf in wg sort of balances it imo.

Anyway, we are all cheering here behind the scenes!!!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 4:23:02 AM
Author: Sharon101

I love it in gold because it sort of looks very over the top in decadence...you know purple and gold!!!!!

I also adore it with the white gold touches because it makes it lighter and more delicate in appearance.

I would love to see it ps with the other variation that you mentioned, but I would worry about the wraps not being equal distance from the centre stone. Having the leaf, or part of the leaf in wg sort of balances it imo.

Hi Sharon,
thankyou for your input! I like the idea of bold for this ring - once I saw the stone, I knew it would go that way, lol..
Would you mind to pls elaborate what you mean in the bit above? I''m not sure if I understand, and would like to,
Thankyou
1.gif

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 4:37:53 AM

Date: 2/9/2009 4:23:02 AM
Author: Sharon101

Hi Sharon,
thankyou for your input! I like the idea of bold for this ring - once I saw the stone, I knew it would go that way, lol..
Would you mind to pls elaborate what you mean in the bit above? I'm not sure if I understand, and would like to,
Thankyou
1.gif
Ok, I was refering to the little bits of metal that sort of cross over the band on the sides. I think if they were in white gold one is almost next to the centre stone and the other one is next to the leaf further across. But, that doesnt mean it wouldnt look great.

Yellow gold is really the new look now .....it`s everywhere. Im starting to really enjoy it too.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Oh, ok - no no thats just the angle of the photo - here''s another photo to help you understand...

The wraps are absolutely symmetrical on each side, and equal distance from the bezel..

I have most of my jewellery in YG and two tone, it just suits my skintone better..

1331_side.jpg

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Ooops , so sorry!!!! Just ignore me please, Im making you confused for nothing.

And, it looks really pretty from that angle too!!!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi aj, sorry a bit late replying! I'd say Brett is on the upper tier price wise, given that his work is delicious! He didn't make my three stone, but thanks for the compliment anyhoo
9.gif

And I LOOOOOOOVE that setting in two tone!! Gorgeous gorgeous!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 3:36:42 AM
Author: DandiAndi
Hi aj, sorry a bit late replying! I''d say Brett is on the upper tier price wise, given that his work is delicious! He didn''t make my three stone, but thanks for the compliment anyhoo
9.gif
Thats ok Dandi! And you''re welcome..

I''ve actually decided, I''m going with the people who made Bling Addicts'' spinel halo ring. I''ve been having lots of chats with the guy and I''m very confident in his work, plus their quote was the most reasonable, lol..

They''re in Melbs, so sending off garnet tomorrow, wish me luck !
36.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woooooo that''s awesome! I can''t wait to see the final product!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results