shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Aussie PS''ers - help please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 12:34:28 PM
Author: pwendyp
have you heard of this lady aj?

www.evamartin.com - ''I presently live on the Sunshine Coast in Australia''

Her work is gorgeous - and not off the table in terms of price I think - she has one or two prices on her website.

I wrote her one time, she responded very quickly, and sounded she would be a joy to work with.

Worth a peek perhaps.

1.gif

Date: 2/4/2009 7:47:36 PM
Author: arjunajane
Does anyone else have somewhere they can recommend?
33.gif
Wendy, this designer looks fabulous, what a great find!
Thankyou so much, I am emailing her for a quote now!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 6:12:32 PM
Author: Sharon101

Date: 2/5/2009 8:35:18 AM
Sharon, you have been incredibly helpful, thankyou so much for all the effort you''ve gone to!!
Do Ani jewellers have a website?

I will do some research, and get back to you with any good results.
I hate that when you lose your post - sooo frustrating, I''m sorry you had to retype.

Again, thankyou, I really appreciate it
1.gif
No, unfortunately no website. But you can ring them for their email address, or google them for the email address. They are in Glenferrie Road now not Wattletree Rd.
thanks Sharon
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I just had to post about this ring from that artist Eva Martin''s site - and thank you again Wendy for pointing her out to me.
She truley is great at her craft, and I hope her quote is in my range!

This "ladybug" ring and the story behind it is incredible - makes me wish I had something sentimental to make, lol !
http://www.evamartin.com/gallery/ladybug_ring

eva martin ladybug1.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
The little ladybugs open wider as the ring progresses - genius!

eva martin ladybug2.jpg

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
hiya aj
35.gif

I'm so glad you liked the link!

Her work is so lovely, and that Ladybug ring is one of my favourite too - just so innovative, and 'special' - I love how she has designed rings, around different 'stories' - and made certain pieces to totally 'fit' each client.

One of my all time favourite rings that she has made is the 'Felicity' ring. Just simply stunning in its conception - and the colours are gorgeous.

http://www.evamartin.com/gallery/felicitys_ring

I hope you can get something made that you are dreaming of - keep us posted!!

1.gif

Urchinring2.jpg

kmci

Shiny_Rock
Hi AJ, I have NO idea about what''s a good price and what''s too expensive so I don''t know how much help I''ll be. My ring was made in Sydney at Varoujan Jewellers (in the Chanel Building in the CBD) and I think the quality is amazing, and for a ''dainty'' ring it is very sturdy and well made. They were recommended to me by Jogia, who from talking to I got the impression that they did custom work also. Good luck!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 3:25:33 AM

Awww that ring is AWESOME :D

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2009 4:26:57 AM
hiya aj
35.gif

I'm so glad you liked the link!

Her work is so lovely, and that Ladybug ring is one of my favourite too - just so innovative, and 'special' - I love how she has designed rings, around different 'stories' - and made certain pieces to totally 'fit' each client.

One of my all time favourite rings that she has made is the 'Felicity' ring. Just simply stunning in its conception - and the colours are gorgeous.

1.gif
I would love a band like that without the centre gemstone.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 4:26:57 AM
hiya aj
35.gif

I''m so glad you liked the link!

Her work is so lovely, and that Ladybug ring is one of my favourite too - just so innovative, and ''special'' - I love how she has designed rings, around different ''stories'' - and made certain pieces to totally ''fit'' each client.

One of my all time favourite rings that she has made is the ''Felicity'' ring. Just simply stunning in its conception - and the colours are gorgeous.

1.gif

Hi again Wendy, yes I agree I like almost everything on her site - especially how she manages to put the owners'' handwriting inside, so many great concepts!
I''m very grateful for the link
1.gif

I agree Lorelei, a band like that would be incredible.
If I can''t afford her for this project, I will surely try to have an eternity or w-band made in the future.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 4:55:48 AM
Author: kmci
Hi AJ, I have NO idea about what''s a good price and what''s too expensive so I don''t know how much help I''ll be. My ring was made in Sydney at Varoujan Jewellers (in the Chanel Building in the CBD) and I think the quality is amazing, and for a ''dainty'' ring it is very sturdy and well made. They were recommended to me by Jogia, who from talking to I got the impression that they did custom work also. Good luck!!
Hi kmci, cheers hon for the info!
I didn''t really think of Jogia as I thought they only do diamonds (in house), but I''m sure they are familiar with good bench jewellers to set those diamonds.
Thanks for the idea and recommendation - if things don''t work out with the avenues I''m pursuing, I may follow up with you for more info on your jeweller (if you don''t mind).
I agree that the quaity of your ring is fantastic!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 6:25:34 AM
Author: Deelight

Date: 2/6/2009 3:25:33 AM

Awww that ring is AWESOME :D
Isn''t it Dee?
Its really nice to start discovering some truely artistic and skilled jewellers within Aust.
1.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
It is I also love her carousel ring but her prices seem a little exxey
32.gif
, but it is lovely stuff none the less

EightStar_jr

Rough_Rock
Hello arjunajane,

I have a client in Newcastle that is an incredible jeweler and a Debeers design award winner. He does almost entirely custom work and is incredibly talented. Here is his information:

Robert Paul Jewellery
Owner: Robert Paul
176 King St.
Newcastle 2300
New South Wales

Phone: 02 49 291417
E-mail: [email protected]

He has made multiple pieces of jewelry for my family and is a great guy to boot.

Cheers,

Dana
EightStar Diamond Co.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 4:36:12 PM
Author: EightStar_jr
Hello arjunajane,

I have a client in Newcastle that is an incredible jeweler and a Debeers design award winner. He does almost entirely custom work and is incredibly talented. Here is his information:

Robert Paul Jewellery
Owner: Robert Paul
176 King St.
Newcastle 2300
New South Wales

Phone: 02 49 291417
E-mail: [email protected]

He has made multiple pieces of jewelry for my family and is a great guy to boot.

Cheers,

Dana
EightStar Diamond Co.

Hello Dana,

thankyou! That is very kind of you to link me to all of the info, I appreciate the referral
1.gif

By the way, I love your avatar! Is that an eight star cushion diamond..?
30.gif

Again, many thanks for the referral and its nice to see you on PS.
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 7:37:41 AM
It is I also love her carousel ring but her prices seem a little exxey
32.gif
, but it is lovely stuff none the less
Hey Dee..ya I know. I''m hoping its not as high for a piece with my own gem supplied..ah well, see how we go I guess
1.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
*fingers crossed*

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
*mini threadjack*

AJ when you imported gems was the duties still the same amount as when you imported your ring?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 7:24:06 AM
*mini threadjack*

AJ when you imported gems was the duties still the same amount as when you imported your ring?
Dee, you can jack my threads whenever hon!
To this date, no loose gem that I''ve imported has been over 1k (as you know taxes only payable on items over 1k).
But if you do, and its un-set (loose), its the 10% GST only. No duty, to my understanding.

Do you have something in the works lovey..?
31.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 8:08:36 AM

*mini threadjack*

To this date, no loose gem that I''ve imported has been over 1k (as you know taxes only payable on items over 1k).

But if you do, and its un-set (loose), its the 10% GST only. No duty, to my understanding.

31.gif

My birthday is coming up and FI is asking me what I want for my birthday...I have been trying to decide on something that is not over the top expensive LOL.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 11:01:30 PM

*mini threadjack*

31.gif

My birthday is coming up and FI is asking me what I want for my birthday...I have been trying to decide on something that is not over the top expensive LOL.
Sounds promising..! Are we thinking diamond or coloured gem..?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 3:45:21 AM
Date: 2/7/2009 11:01:30 PM

*mini threadjack*

31.gif

Coloured gem, though I wouldn''t say no to diamonds either
10.gif
, unfortunetly the exchange rate, my tastes and budget are having a major conflict right now LOL.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 3:47:16 AM

10.gif
, unfortunetly the exchange rate, my tastes and budget are having a major conflict right now LOL.
Ha, I hear ya on that one lovey!
Any ideas on what gem yet..do you like your bithstone?
I''m lovin garnets lately
30.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 4:42:09 AM

10.gif

30.gif

Oh I have a few in mind, all being of the garnet variety but none are within the budget *stupid exchange rate*.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey aj, not sure if I''m chiming in a bit late here, but I thought I''d fly you the details of a jeweller I''ve used for a few pieces, Brett''s Artworks, and who I''ve recommended to friends for whom he has produced exquisite stuff:

http://www.brettsartworks.com.au

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 5:33:33 AM
Author: DandiAndi
Hey aj, not sure if I''m chiming in a bit late here, but I thought I''d fly you the details of a jeweller I''ve used for a few pieces, Brett''s Artworks, and who I''ve recommended to friends for whom he has produced exquisite stuff:

http://www.brettsartworks.com.au
Thanks Dandi, I appreciate it - not too late, I''m still looking. But hoping to nail something down this week
1.gif

Is that your lovely 3 stone in his gallery?

Hope you don''t mind me asking, but would you say he is medium price? Upper tier..? (just trying to get an idea).
Thanks again hon!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 5:23:12 AM

10.gif

30.gif

Oh I have a few in mind, all being of the garnet variety but none are within the budget *stupid exchange rate*.
Well woman, I think you need a thread in CS about this! What kind of size are you after..? Colour? Preference in variety?
Hope you don''t mind all the questions, I love living vicariously through others'' purchases, lol !

The cutters I''ve been in contact with personally that I thought were very reasonable, were Dan Stair and Barry Bridgestock. Gene from Precision was a *titch* more pricey (but not much at all), and the level of cut is certainly worth it.
Gene did my garnet at the start of this thread - the only place I''ve seen something almost as nice colour and cut here is in the window of Hardy Brothers - and I can''t even afford to walk in there, ha!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Eva Martin''s site is impressive! I like all her work and the stories behind them. I can''t wait to see who you go with. It''s exciting when people try to find someone in their own country to work with so we can see something a bit different on here.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 8:12:25 AM
Author: Addy
Wow, Eva Martin''s site is impressive! I like all her work and the stories behind them. I can''t wait to see who you go with. It''s exciting when people try to find someone in their own country to work with so we can see something a bit different on here.
Thanks Addy, I agree - variety is nice. Its also nice to be discovering talented jewellers here - now if only I could find one I love in my own city, lol !

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 8:09:19 AM
Date: 2/8/2009 5:23:12 AM

10.gif

30.gif

Well woman, I think you need a thread in CS about this! What kind of size are you after..? Colour? Preference in variety?

Hope you don''t mind all the questions, I love living vicariously through others'' purchases, lol !

The cutters I''ve been in contact with personally that I thought were very reasonable, were Dan Stair and Barry Bridgestock. Gene from Precision was a *titch* more pricey (but not much at all), and the level of cut is certainly worth it.

Gene did my garnet at the start of this thread - the only place I''ve seen something almost as nice colour and cut here is in the window of Hardy Brothers - and I can''t even afford to walk in there, ha!

HAHAHAHA, once I get a definite budget off FI I will :), I loved a mali garnet of Gene''s and it sold it was well within budget as well it went so quick though.

There are two (a pair) that I mildly (well totally) obsessed with currently, (I am thinking a three stone ring eventually) but they work out to just over 1k AUD
32.gif
so until I get a new job I will just have to hope they don''t get sold LOL...

There are others that I kinda like (mostly garnets LOL) but they just don''t give me the obsessiveness WANT THEM NOW kind that these do.

I am a lost cause at the momment, sigh this the same feeling I had about my e-ring LOL

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 10:06:12 AM

HAHAHAHA, once I get a definite budget off FI I will :), I loved a mali garnet of Gene''s and it sold it was well within budget as well it went so quick though.

There are two (a pair) that I mildly (well totally) obsessed with currently, (I am thinking a three stone ring eventually) but they work out to just over 1k AUD
32.gif
so until I get a new job I will just have to hope they don''t get sold LOL...

There are others that I kinda like (mostly garnets LOL) but they just don''t give me the obsessiveness WANT THEM NOW kind that these do.

I am a lost cause at the momment, sigh this the same feeling I had about my e-ring LOL
Sounds like a plan on the thread
1.gif

I know what you mean, I''ve been pretty obsessive about this garnet project..
40.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results