shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Antique Cut Cushion Experts!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Ok Crooked, I'm starting to sound more like a cushion stalker now, LOL!
11.gif
But if the shoe fits, I guess I'm wearin' it!
9.gif

The thought has crossed my mind, nonetheless, I just can't figure out a way to make it helpful to future searchers. I really want closeups of each stone, cert info, correct facet plots, links and then shots of each stone set, but that's a lot to ask everyone.

Nonetheless, we should really try to capture all the cushiony goodness that's going on so people can make sense of the various styles. It's going to be a total cushionfest this Spring! WoooooHOoooooo! I just can't wait to see yours and Scarlets new LEEEEONS! And now kroshka's big bubble bath of a cushion. I may need some of Ellen's smellin' salts!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/14/2008 5:24:12 PM
Author: pixley
Ok Crooked, I''m starting to sound more like a cushion stalker now, LOL!
11.gif
But if the shoe fits, I guess I''m wearin'' it!
9.gif

The thought has crossed my mind, nonetheless, I just can''t figure out a way to make it helpful to future searchers. I really want closeups of each stone, cert info, correct facet plots, links and then shots of each stone set, but that''s a lot to ask everyone.

Nonetheless, we should really try to capture all the cushiony goodness that''s going on so people can make sense of the various styles. It''s going to be a total cushionfest this Spring! WoooooHOoooooo! I just can''t wait to see yours and Scarlets new LEEEEONS! And now kroshka''s big bubble bath of a cushion. I may need some of Ellen''s smellin'' salts!
There should be a thread... I went and read all the threads from when BostonJeff was searching, and to be honest, it is very overwhelming. I think it would be helpful to "dumb it down" with a picture thread. I would state exactly what you want in the thread... closeups of each stone, cert info, correct facet plots, links and then shots of each stone set...
I say you start it as soon as you get yours, but obvi after you do your SMTR thread! We have so many gorgeous cushions to around here now and so many on their way. I say go for it!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
All right, I''m on it. Fair warning to the cushion owners out there - I''ll be calling on y''all for pictures and specs soon.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/14/2008 5:56:52 PM
Author: pixley
All right, I''m on it. Fair warning to the cushion owners out there - I''ll be calling on y''all for pictures and specs soon.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
ANd you will have to be the first one in it. I''ll be chomping at the bit to get in there!! Can''t wait to have all these in one place!!!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ack! I''ll wait for the thread to come up and post some cushions I have!

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
For peace of mind, I got an appraisal done and I got my pretty back today :) Everything looks good, the chips make the clarity different than what the diamond was sold as, but it''s ok because it does not bother me and I really don''t feel it detracts too much from how pretty the stone is.

Everything else checked out fine and it''s been recommended that I do not re-cut it, unless it gets damaged to the point where it really needs to be re-cut.

Phew - now I can just move on and wear it without stressing over if the chips are going to cause a problem.

Hey ladies - I recall that several of you were going to be getting your cushions soon and then Pixley was to start a thread - no one received their rings yet? I''ve been eagerly waiting to see it get started
26.gif

kroshka

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
I'll get on that! I was going to try to get some decent shots of my ring but I am totally photographically challenged and can't seem to figure out my flippin' camera within the 2 second window of sunshine in this God-forsaken region of the world so I'll get something started today and we can kick the cushion hall o' fame with your! **off to get to work**. Stay tuned for the new thread.
1.gif

BTW - so glad that you're keeping that amazing ring. It's phenomenal!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results