shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all experts! I have one day to decide between 2 stones

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
For me, based on the performance of the two in the pics above it would be the 3.2ct stone. They seem to be so alike in performance and colour, that the larger stone would be my choice.

jBright

Shiny_Rock
My ring size is a 5. The 3.2 is a couple thousand more, but in the scheme of things the price increase isn’t a big deciding factor since I’ll be wearing it forever! :) I think I’m worried the 3.2 is actually a little too big on my finger. I’ll have to wear it around and see if it starts to feel like a more comfortable size to my eye.

Is there such a thing as too big?? ;-). Lol. Can’t wait to see which you pick! Either would be a wonderful choice.

but my vote would be for 3.2!

Good luck!!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both beautiful. Factor in your lifestyle and what you would be most comfortable wearing day to day.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3.2! Gorgeous stone and noticeably larger!

LittleKite

Shiny_Rock
My ring size is a 5. The 3.2 is a couple thousand more, but in the scheme of things the price increase isn’t a big deciding factor since I’ll be wearing it forever! :) I think I’m worried the 3.2 is actually a little too big on my finger. I’ll have to wear it around and see if it starts to feel like a more comfortable size to my eye.

They both look great in the new pictures. The side-by-side comparison shows they both have similar level of brightness and fire.
If you are ok with the color of the I, I suggest going for the bigger one. 3ct+ makes a difference!

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Together the 2.6 is brighter, next to each other, there's a hint of brownish in the 3.2.
You aren't going to continue to wear these together, so it all comes down to what you love.

Gemly

Shiny_Rock
Together the 2.6 is brighter, next to each other, there's a hint of brownish in the 3.2.
You aren't going to continue to wear these together, so it all comes down to what you love.

Thank you for this. If it weren’t for the brownish tint this would be an easy decision. Seeing it next to the other makes it more apparent forsure. Once it’s set in a ring I wonder if it’ll be mess noticeable from the side? It’ll be platinum.

BMI

Shiny_Rock
Does it absolutely have to be one of these two stones?
Would you be happiest if you could split the size difference between these two and still get the performance and higher color and clarity of the smaller stone. Is that an option?

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
in my eyes they look very similar in terms of performance, i would go for the bigger one if price is not an issue here.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I’m worried the 3.2 is actually a little too big on my finger. I’ll have to wear it around and see if it starts to feel like a more comfortable size to my eye.
FYI, A diamond will shrink about .15mm per yr... ;))

Gemly

Shiny_Rock
FYI, A diamond will shrink about .15mm per yr... ;))

I’m taking that into consideration!! What looks huge now will look normal in a few months. I’m leaning toward the 3.2 now. Am taking longer to make a decision than anticipated. Literally the color from the side is the only downside....and when I’m not holding them up to a white paper comparing them head to head I doubt I’ll see it much at all. I can’t see color from the top.

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
For me, diamond shrinkage was really quick to occur and I didn’t wear my ring all the time. During Covid, I have worn it even less. So the odd occasion I have put it on recently it has appeared larger, but only for a very short time unfortunately.

If you do choose the 3.2ct. once the stone is in its setting you will likely see even less of the hint of brown (unless you have it side by side a whiter stone).

If you know it will bother you (unhappy) seeing the colour from the side then go for the smaller stone.

Have you chosen your setting!
Best of luck!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to say go for size but then I saw the pics you posted and I could spot the difference in color without even zooming in! I do t ink if it’s the side by side comparison but it seems overly obvious that the smaller has a much better color. What I find especially shocking is that when we post pics of our diamonds I never trust that the screen is conveying the true color, which is why if I can notice the tint on the bigger one without even trying—I’m going to vote for the smaller one.

I’m taking that into consideration!! What looks huge now will look normal in a few months. I’m leaning toward the 3.2 now. Am taking longer to make a decision than anticipated. Literally the color from the side is the only downside....and when I’m not holding them up to a white paper comparing them head to head I doubt I’ll see it much at all. I can’t see color from the top.

What kind of setting are you going for? A very open and exposed setting will allow you to see the brownish tint while a more closed/low/decorative setting will conceal the tint by virtue of design. What color metal do you plan to get? Rose gold, for example, will further camouflage the tint. Best of luck with your decision!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well?? What have you decided?

Gemly

Shiny_Rock
Well?? What have you decided?

I’m going with the 3.2!!!! The chunky facets of the 3.2 under a tree in the sun won me over. It’s honestly like looking at an OEC. I feel like it’s a princess's diamond!! (Don’t worry I’ll take some more pictures now that the decision has been made). Such a different look from the splintery sparkles the 2.54 threw (also super beautiful Yes...it has a bit more warmth, and I battled with that since technically speaking the closer to colorless the better, but I can honestly say I find the very faint hint of color to be beautiful...Additionally; next to my skin from the side I can’t see any color, in person from the top you can’t tell any difference between the two color wise...I could actually see it more on the photos since the flashes and rainbows weren’t happening live :). I’m feeling good about my decision and am now super excited to get it set! Thanks so much for all of your help and advise during this process...I’m ending up with a gorgeous super ideal stone thanks to all of your advise. ❤️

mcosme

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!! It's beautiful and the size is definitely noticeable.. can't wait to see the final ring

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I’m going with the 3.2!!!! The chunky facets of the 3.2 under a tree in the sun won me over. It’s honestly like looking at an OEC. I feel like it’s a princess's diamond!! (Don’t worry I’ll take some more pictures now that the decision has been made). Such a different look from the splintery sparkles the 2.54 threw (also super beautiful Yes...it has a bit more warmth, and I battled with that since technically speaking the closer to colorless the better, but I can honestly say I find the very faint hint of color to be beautiful...Additionally; next to my skin from the side I can’t see any color, in person from the top you can’t tell any difference between the two color wise...I could actually see it more on the photos since the flashes and rainbows weren’t happening live :). I’m feeling good about my decision and am now super excited to get it set! Thanks so much for all of your help and advise during this process...I’m ending up with a gorgeous super ideal stone thanks to all of your advise. ❤️
Congrats!! Both stones are beautiful but you can’t ignore the size difference! :). Can’t wait to see the finished ring. As others have mentioned, the setting can make a difference whether or not you will see the brownish tint on the sides. Congrats again!!!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can’t wait to see it set!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results