shape
carat
color
clarity

calling all 1.50 + engagement rings??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
im searching for specifically asschers or emeralds that are 1.50+ stones....so show me the goods please? pretty please?

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Musey, you have THE most beautiful asscher here. And the setting is perfect. If I were to ever have an asscher, yours would be it. STUNNING!
30.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 12:45:28 AM
Author: Gothgrrl
Musey, you have THE most beautiful asscher here. And the setting is perfect. If I were to ever have an asscher, yours would be it. STUNNING!
30.gif
Awww, THANK YOU gothgrrl!!!! That''s such a wonderfully nice thing to say and it means a lot!!!
emoticon-0110-blush.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
thats such a nice stone! my bf and i went stone searching and we always though i wanted a round stone in a simpke solitaire but once a jewler asked if maybe wed wanna try something diffrent she showed him a 2.0 asscher and he was like SOLD your gettin an asscher i was like whoa!!

yours in so nice what size finger do you have...you see my prob is that i have a chubby size 9 casue i get my dads hands (everyone from his side has no smaller than a size 8!) so i wanna have a stone that really stans out and i just dont know what size to go for?? any suggestions?

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
As big as you can afford.
41.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 12:50:05 AM
Author: emilina22
yours in so nice what size finger do you have...
I was sized at 6.25 but I think I'd be more comfortable with a 6, this one slides a bit and makes me nervous! (Especially when I'm cold)

I feel like it's a pretty good size on my hand, I think it covers a little over 1/3 of the finger. In real life, I have to admit, it loses a bit of its asscher-ness, but it's still very sparkly! If I could be so bold, I'd suggest that you consider going with a square emerald with wider steps, rather than an actual royal asscher (at this size) in order to catch more of the gorgeous step pattern
1.gif

Or even better, as gothgrrl suggests:

Date: 2/26/2007 12:53:56 AM
As big as you can afford.
41.gif
Seriously though, with an asscher, you HAVE to try them on to get an idea of what they'll look like!!!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
we got kinda lucky cause rumors been floatin that theres a 2.5-3 ct. asscher floatin around with my name on it its just i cant imagine that size casue now i have a .50 rb. promise ring and yea it have no idea what that jump will look like.

its kinda nice too know that stone is out there and its got my name on it...my bf does well he knows his stones....plus i like to look at decent size engagement rings it soothes me in away lol im an odd one i know

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Musey, is yours a RA? Wouldn''t it still show the patterns in a RA as opposed to a square emerald like you mentioned?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
You should be "calling" all 2.5-3ct asscher owners then, not 1.50+! A 2.5-3ct asscher will be another .5-1mm larger than mine in width, so 1.50-2 won't be a quite accurate depiction of the size of yours on your hand.

I'm pretty sure there are at least a couple of PS asschers between 2.5 and 3 carats!

P.S. Congrats to your bf on scoring an asscher betweeen 2.5 and 3 carats, that's a HUGE chunk of change!! (Sorry if that's inappropriate to say
2.gif
)

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 1:33:11 AM
Musey, is yours a RA? Wouldn''t it still show the patterns in a RA as opposed to a square emerald like you mentioned?
I just meant that in a 2ct size, the steps are not as visible as in a square emerald (which has wider and fewer steps--the RA has thinner and more steps). Up close I love the step pattern, but it''s not as obvious from a distance as I''d like it to be. Then again, it''s probably not "obvious from a distance" until you get into the 5ct+ range!!
3.gif

...So I should probably just be happy that I get the up-close view
28.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
no dont worry about it he thinks so too his sister says that im gonna be the happiest girl in the world! apparently they know something i dont lol i know when we talked about engagements WE decided that we wont get engaged till im outa school or about to finish and thats a year from now but to know that my stone is around and his sister whose lder than me knows about this stone is good news and progress....

....so yea maybe i should call 2+ asschers huh? still your ring is soooo pretty!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, thanks for the info. But is yours a RA? Either way, your ring is beautiful. In fact better than Elizabeth''s asscher.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 1:40:35 AM
Okay, thanks for the info. But is yours a RA? Either way, your ring is beautiful. In fact better than Elizabeth's asscher.
Yes, it's a RA
1.gif
Thank you so much for the compliments! FI was saving for over two years for it, he wanted it to be the most fantastic it could be. Elizabeth? ...Taylor? haha

no dont worry about it he thinks so too his sister says that im gonna be the happiest girl in the world
I'm sorry, don't worry about what?

ETA: Honestly, if the stone is already purchased, don't torture yourself with trying to figure out what it'll look like on your hand! You'll see stones in the same size and either (best case) think they look amazing or (worst case) wish they looked a little bigger, and undoubtedly the size still won't be what you expected once you see it on your hand. Just be glad you have a fantastic stone heading your way!

Do you know yet whether it is a royal or generic asscher?

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock

"(Sorry if that''s inappropriate to say )"

thats what i said dont worry about lol...

im not sure whether its a royal or generic....
33.gif

im so happy lol i cant wait...knowing him im sure its gonna be amazing and the quality too...

31.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, make sure we all get to see it, too! I hope you''re as happy with the cut as the rest of us asscher owners are
1.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
lol itll be about a good year and a half till i get it so theres alot of waiting left but the min i get it trust me pics of my cryin my eyes out with a ice rink on my hand will be posted! lol
31.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 2:13:56 AM
lol itll be about a good year and a half till i get it so theres alot of waiting left
Aw, bummer! If he has it already, why the wait? J only managed to make himself wait 3 days after getting our ring, instead of the month that he was planning on
2.gif
Anyway, here''s hoping the wait will be shorter than you think. Enjoy that Asscher!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i know we dont have the settng cause im helping pick that out lol but yea maybe itll be sooner its just good to know that we have the stone or he has a stone waiting or how his sister says "floatin around for me" lol ill let you guys know once i get it! musey your so sweet you really know how to calm a girl down thanks so much!
25.gif

yellow

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 1:33:17 AM
Author: musey
You should be 'calling' all 2.5-3ct asscher owners then, not 1.50+! A 2.5-3ct asscher will be another .5-1mm larger than mine in width, so 1.50-2 won't be a quite accurate depiction of the size of yours on your hand.
True, but proportion-wise it might be pretty close.

A 6.25 size finger is 16.5mm wide, while a size 9 finger is about 19mm wide. So a 7x7mm stone covers 42% of a 6.25 finger and a 8x8mm stone (3ct for asscher) covers the exact same amount of a size 9 finger. Random coincidence, but a 3ct stone on emilina's hand would look almost exactly the same (finger-coverage-wise) as a 2ct on musey's hand
1.gif
(I believe the appropriate earlier thread was "the plight of the large"?
2.gif
)

sorry to get all math-y on y'all!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
9.gif
no no math is fine it helps my mind image it better...thats really interesting though your whole porportion thing thanks

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 1.57 carat asscher. My ring size is a 6. We had it set in a halo and it REALLY makes the stone look large...

Excuse the quality of a few of these pics...they definitely don''t show my asscher baby looking its best...but you''ll get the idea of the kind of finger coverage I get...

1.57onfinger3.jpg

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Another one.

In my opinion, if you are worried about the size, a halo makes a HUGE difference in the impact of the ring.

1.57onfinger2.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi there,

My asscher is 2.2 carats (7.2 mm x 7.1 mm) in a 3 mm width setting, and my ring size is a 5.

jer6.JPG

Cyren

Rough_Rock
Tad''s 2.13

asscher%20(top).jpg

asscher%20(turned%20side).jpg

I''m hopelessly in love with this ring. There were never hand shots posted, much to my disappointment.
33.gif

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 1:05:12 AM
we got kinda lucky cause rumors been floatin that theres a 2.5-3 ct. asscher floatin around with my name on it
Emilina-

Just out of sheer curiosity (sorry it''s a bit off topic) but is this stone that''s "floating around" a family heirloom stone (sounds like it might be if your boyfriend already has it)? If so, is there any story behind it? I just love to hear those kinds of stories, so please share if there is one!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 2:23:31 PM
Author: havernell

Just out of sheer curiosity (sorry it''s a bit off topic) but is this stone that''s ''floating around'' a family heirloom stone (sounds like it might be if your boyfriend already has it)? If so, is there any story behind it? I just love to hear those kinds of stories, so please share if there is one!
Ooh, good call, havernell! (Especially if his sister has seen it)
I''d love to hear as well.

Vespergirl, I am OBSESSED with your ring!! I spent quite a while drooling over your pics in the days while I was "waiting" for mine. Yours has this fluid quality to it, makes me think of... I don''t know, caramel-filled chocolates, or molten silver, or something. Impossible to explain, but GOOOOOOORGEOUS!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
im not sure if its something thats been around becasue if it has it would have already been handed down since my bf''s got 18 brotehrs and sisters unless the whole families got something planned out that i dont know about...but i doubt its an heirloom only casue of his huge family i dont think that a ring of that size and with so much meaning could have been given to just one member of the family...but who knows....i kinda wouldnt want it top be handed down as much meaning as it would have i want it to be my own and to be able to know that its from him but if it is psased down i would be very greatful....so i guess only time will tell
2.gif

it seems as if i have teh chubbiest hands here on price scope...guess im unique eh? lol

elala

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 4:16:48 PM
i kinda wouldnt want it top be handed down as much meaning as it would have i want it to be my own
I hope for your bf's sake it was passed down! That would be an AMAZING stone to inherit... and would save him anywhere in the neighborhood of $25-65,000! He must be very successful. Lucky you!
28.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
hes a very smart man and i love him for knowing how to save and how to make smart investments....
1.gif
he takes good care of me and he knows what he likes and what i like and according to his sister (one of the youngest of them) he wont let me down...obviously when i have that kind of a surprise waiting for me
36.gif

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 12:42:00 AM
Author: musey
Here is my 1.96ct Asscher (7.1x7.0mm). I feel like it looks like totally different sizes, depending on the angle!

museysring9.jpg

museysring8.jpg
Your ring looks BEAUTIFUL!!! Weren''t you the one trying to decide between two settings?? You settled on the Vatche right?? How do you like it? It looks perfect! What will you do for a WR?

Did I miss a show me the ring post??

jayrenay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results