shape
carat
color
clarity

calling all 1.50 + engagement rings??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 7:01:19 PM
Author: jayrenay9
Your ring looks BEAUTIFUL!!! Weren''t you the one trying to decide between two settings?? You settled on the Vatche right?? How do you like it? It looks perfect! What will you do for a WR?

Did I miss a show me the ring post??
I did choose the Vatche (and am so glad I did)!! Even the people who thought it wouldn''t suit an asscher have been saying the combo is great, which is nice to hear. I loooove it, though some days I''m not sure how I feel about the sidestones (the whole thing where it''s more that there''s a band they''re set into, rather than the band is made around the stones--do you know what I mean? I know yours is VERY similar to mine).

I''m leaning toward getting a plain 2-2.5 platinum WB, then maybe an art deco eternity band for our 5-year anniversary so that I can stack (a la Kate Beckinsale). Bands sit much closer to flush than I was expecting, which is good!!

Oh yeah, I didn''t ever do a "show me the ring" thread... oops!

Thanks for asking about it, jayrenay!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
33.gif
omph sorry i was gonna comment on the halo topic....

the rings we looked at ... in many diffrent jewelers in our diamond district were rings with halos (this was after that one jeweler mentioned that we might wanna try something diffrent) the thing he doesnt like about halos is that there are too many round stones set around the asscher and that it would take away from the beauty of the stone...the little rounds would be distracting and seems to be covering up the asscher (which is what he wants to be the main point of my ring)...he did say he wanted a halo "legacy" inspired ring with less round stones or one that doesnt take away or distract from the asscher....any one got any hits? we saw one setting at tiffanys that he loved but the one we saw had ( iwanna say baguets or emeralds shape stones) on each corner rather than round ones all around....heres a little visual aid to help sorta (from the tiffanys site)
engagement_legacy_legacy1.jpg

we were also looking at maybe adding a halo to this tacori
kntacof070003_l.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you want a halo but don't want the rounds to be visible/take away from your center stone (which I don't think they do, but to each his own) then just get a TINY halo. Smallest stones that your jeweler will do.

Honestly, with an asscher over 2.5 carats, you don't need one to enhance the size (IMHO). It can stand on its own. Only get a halo if you want a halo, not just to make it look bigger!

ETA: I'm 99% sure I've seen some baguette halos on PS. Try a search!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
he fell in love with the halo...im up for what ever lol i know what ever he chooses is going to be amazing...his sisters and my sister are gonna help i know that much...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a James Allen (Danhov) asscher set with a micropave halo--is this what you mean when you say you''re looking for smaller stones in the halo?

I absolutely LOVE this ring, it would be perfect if the band was one narrow piece.

asscherhalomicro.gif

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
Here is my 1.5 C

By the way, I tried on that Tacori you posted and it is just gorgeous......

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
oh i know ive tried it on too thing its its a round brilliant and we want an assher so i really have to use my imagination because the jewler we went to only had the show case ring which came with a 3 ct. cz instead of a real stone...the setting was gorgous though i totally agree-

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
My case was the same.... my setting was originally a round brillant w/2 side stones... I worked with the Tacori rep to change it to a princess w/no sides. So I had to use my imagination too... They can pretty much do whatever you want!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2007 8:57:43 AM
Author: emilina22
the jewler we went to only had the show case ring which came with a 3 ct. cz instead of a real stone...
In my experience, most high-end jewelers set CZ's into their settings (seems ironic, huh?). We went to Michael B's studio and his settings all had CZ's in them. I think that the idea is that most people who value their jewelry enough to go to a high-end designer like that would be buying their stone and setting separate, in order to get the highest quality (and exactly what they WANT) out of both... so they wouldn't want a pre-set ring anyway.

Tiffany's is an exception to this, as they ride on their name and know that people will buy ready-made rings from them because they're Tiffany--not necessarily because they know that they're high quality. Most clueless guys will just walk into Tiff's and buy whatever the salesperson says looks good!

lovebling

Rough_Rock
emilina22, the Tacori ring is gorgeous! But is it really possible to add a halo to that ring (with it crossing on the side)? Where and how would you add it?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2007 2:54:10 PM
Author: lovebling
emilina22, the Tacori ring is gorgeous! But is it really possible to add a halo to that ring (with it crossing on the side)? Where and how would you add it?
I was sort of wondering the same thing... it would look VERY busy!!

oliviob

Rough_Rock
Here''s my Daniel K asscher, 1.51 H VVS1 (side stones are F, .12 ea).

128914573403_0_ALB copy.jpg

oliviob

Rough_Rock
One more pic :)

490672373403_0_BG-1copy.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
olivio, I LOOOOOOOVE your stone!!!
30.gif
30.gif
Of all the asschers I''ve seen on PS, yours really has that mile-deep look! That''s a really great picture of it, too.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
i agree with musey, that is a beautiful asscher. and that setting is so clean and classic!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
the halo would take away from the stone i was thinking about it today what i love about that tacori is the twist in the band and i wouldnt want my ringto be super busy....sometimes i get real random thought and crazy ideas!

oliviob- your stone is sooo amazing

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
3934793940d44e219b3.jpg

IMG_0308.JPG

IMG_0274.JPG

IMGwishing0281.JPG

My center stone is a 1.5 carat with .25 carat each trillion Hope that helps.
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My EC is a 1.72. It is a little less than half of my finger (4.5) in coverage.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 7:20:26 PM
33.gif
omph sorry i was gonna comment on the halo topic....

the rings we looked at ... in many diffrent jewelers in our diamond district were rings with halos (this was after that one jeweler mentioned that we might wanna try something diffrent) the thing he doesnt like about halos is that there are too many round stones set around the asscher and that it would take away from the beauty of the stone...the little rounds would be distracting and seems to be covering up the asscher (which is what he wants to be the main point of my ring)...he did say he wanted a halo 'legacy' inspired ring with less round stones or one that doesnt take away or distract from the asscher....any one got any hits? we saw one setting at tiffanys that he loved but the one we saw had ( iwanna say baguets or emeralds shape stones) on each corner rather than round ones all around....heres a little visual aid to help sorta (from the tiffanys site)

engagement_legacy_legacy1.jpg

kntacof070003_l.jpg

Have you considerd a halo made with other step cut stones? Take a look at this thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/4-ct-asscher-with-baguette-halo-design-musings.53212/

I think it adds to the size, but doesn't detract from the center at all, instead it kind of adds to it and mirrors it!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
we have looked at a few and i dont know they didint seem to catch my eye....
15.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much, musey, I love your ring too! Is yours a royal asscher? The steps are so even and beautiful! I love the antique setting, too! I picked out a plain one because I wasn''t sure what I wanted, but we''re probably going to change it to a 3-stone for an upcopming anniversary.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 7:20:26 PM
kntacof070003_l.jpg
I saw this at BBB and really liked it but it is SOOOOOOO delicate and I''m just not a delicate person. HOwever, for MOST women here it would be just lovely! The diamonds are so tiny they''re like glitter more than sparkle :) I *love* the head though!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i liked the fact that the ring was so delicate and femine (if a ring could be feminie that is) since i first saw it i fell in love and once he saw the tiff. legacy he fell in love so now were torn....
33.gif
32.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 3:44:45 PM
i liked the fact that the ring was so delicate and femine (if a ring could be feminie that is) since i first saw it i fell in love and once he saw the tiff. legacy he fell in love so now were torn....
33.gif
32.gif
First of all, I kind of think almost all rings are inherently feminine, they're rings, for the most part worn by women, so yes... a ring can be feminine
2.gif

And shouldn't the ring be about what you want, not what your boyfriend wants? Yes, it is a compromise, but all of your posts so far have said "well, he likes such and such so that's what "we" want." When my boyfriend and I were ring shopping, executive decisions regarding shape and setting were mine--after all, it's the ring I'll be wearing, not him.

I just hope you're not sacrificing what you want in a ring that, hopefully, you will be looking at for the rest of your life--just because he thinks something else is better! You must have some preferences... don't be afraid to assert yourself!
1.gif
9.gif

ETA: *Steppin' off my soap box now
28.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
you make a very good point thanks musey
35.gif

TaraLeigh

Rough_Rock
Thanks for posting that Tacori picture.... I think I just might have to try that one on!

Is it style #2565RD9 on the Tacori website? The picture above is so much nicer... anyone know where that pic came from?

Thanks,
Tara

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow, that Tacori ring is GORGEOUS. I''m drooling. Beautiful.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my 2.47-carat asscher - it''s a RHR in a temporary setting right now.

AsscherFIF3b.JPG

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Another hand shot. Again, a RHR...

AsscherFIF12z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results