shape
carat
color
clarity

calling all 1.50 + engagement rings??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
you guys think that one tacori i mentioned would look ok with an asscher? or any ering that has a twist in the band the way it does??

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Starryeyed; your ring is gorgeous!!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2007 8:49:46 PM
Author: Skippy123
Starryeyed; your ring is gorgeous!!
Thanks Skippy! I'm STILL trying to decide who to send it to for the final setting. And my fiance still doesn't know about it! Am I bad or what??
31.gif

Mrs.soontobealfonzo

Rough_Rock
starryeyed

I love your asscher is a perfect size. the exact size i want to upgrade to. I have a 1.55 e vs1
what color and clarity is your ?

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Mrs.SoontoBeAlfonzo.
35.gif
Thanks for the compliment!

This is a 2.47 F IF. I bought it from WF. You can check this LINK for the specifics. The proportions fall a little outside what the "experts" here consider ideal, but I think it''s a gorgeous stone.

Have you seen the Daniel K/Leon Mege asscher ring on the Pearlman''s site? Here''s the LINK.

widget

Ideal_Rock
My goodness, Starryeyed...that asscher is GORGEOUS! (or have I said that already on another thread?
1.gif
)

Emilina...I''m way late to this thread, and don''t even know where you''re at now, but I SO MUCH prefer no halos for a bigger asscher...why fool around with perfection?
2.gif
I think starryeyed''s ring proves my point!

widget

Mrs.soontobealfonzo

Rough_Rock
I totally agree wiget, I was thinking of getting a halo for mine but I just could do it. So instead im going to save to upgrade for the wedding

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
im still around all i want is to have my ring look i guess "sufficient" on my finger and im just enrvous that any stone will look tiney since i have a size 9 finger.....i dont want it looking small you know....thats why the halos an option but that tacori ring i posted has been on my mind alot i would just have to take another peek at it in person.....i have having chubby short fingers....
15.gif

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
I want to show you miy 1.81ct princess stone set in a platinum cathedral setting but I am having a difficult time taking a clear shot of it. Although I tried it against different backgrounds and lightings I am still having trouble. I will try a few more times and see if I can get it to work. Any suggestions? Anyone? I really want get a decent picture of my ring before I set my stone in a new setting in a few weeks: Ritani''s Endless Love Micro-pave setting in platinum.

kohdy

Shiny_Rock

I wonder if this is going to work; it is my first time posting a picture here. This is not the best picture of my ring, but the best I could do with my camera.

My stone:
1.81 ct GIA certified modified square brilliant, D, VVS2, No fluorescence or cutlet, medium to slightly thick girdle, excellent polish, good symmetry
This is all I can remember. : )

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Let''s see if it will work this time. My last post was supposed to have my picture, but somehow it failed on me... If it fails again, I am sorry. I really am trying.

my best shot.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 11:49:15 AM
Author: widget
My goodness, Starryeyed...that asscher is GORGEOUS! (or have I said that already on another thread?
1.gif
)
Emilina...I''m way late to this thread, and don''t even know where you''re at now, but I SO MUCH prefer no halos for a bigger asscher...why fool around with perfection?
2.gif
I think starryeyed''s ring proves my point!
widget
Hi Widget! Thanks! Yes, I think you''re right - I believe you''ve complimented me on another thread. I have posted it before. You also have a GORGEOUS asscher! I bet the ladies here would love to see it again!
30.gif

Kohdy, your ring is lovely!

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Starryeyed! My stone is not as nice as your Asscher, but I guess I will just have to deal with mine for now.
41.gif
If your stone is in a temporary setting now, what would you change it to? There''s just way too many possibilities with such a nice stone of yours...

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 8:06:36 PM
Author: kohdy
Thank you Starryeyed! My stone is not as nice as your Asscher, but I guess I will just have to deal with mine for now.
41.gif
If your stone is in a temporary setting now, what would you change it to? There''s just way too many possibilities with such a nice stone of yours...
Nonsense Kohdy - your diamond is just as nice! Especially because it''s yours!
1.gif
The setting is great - it looks like a very substantial piece!

I just reached a decision on the setting today - check out the thread over in Rocky Talk. I sent the ring in to Leon Mege.
2.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
thats a gorgous stone kohdy!!.... i saw the tacori in person today!!!! my heart melted they paired it up with 2 diamond mands one on each side GORGOUS!!!!! im sold! now i just gotta break the news to him.....does anyone have that ring i posted a pic of iit on page 2 i think? but does anyone have the real thing or something simlar with a 2+ stone?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
kohdy - wow!! i LOVE the way you paired your wide e-ring with a dainty w-ring. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the look.
stunning.
36.gif

eta: oh, i just realized your resetting it. ah well. for the record, this is a stunning set. hope you love your new look!
9.gif

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Thank you jCrow for your great compliments! I enjoyed my rings thoroughly for the past 6 years, but I think I am ready for a change. The wide e-ring is great for a big masculine hand like mine (I am a size 7) but I think I want the more "girly" look at this point.
19.gif

Beeweaver

Shiny_Rock
Kohdy,

I love that brushed look! Can you show us a side shot of the cathedral? I know what you mean by wanting something more feminine though. What about adding some diamonds to the side? Or, you can do like I did and use that setting for a colored stone and have it reset into something new. I do love Cathedrals!

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 5:18:46 PM
Author: Beeweaver
Kohdy,

I love that brushed look! Can you show us a side shot of the cathedral? I know what you mean by wanting something more feminine though. What about adding some diamonds to the side? Or, you can do like I did and use that setting for a colored stone and have it reset into something new. I do love Cathedrals!

Hello Beeweaver,

Thank you again for your comliments.
4.gif
I appreciate it.
Again, I am having trouble taking photos of my ring, but here I will attach the best one I have of the side view. Side view-so it turns out- is even harder to take than the top view.
38.gif

About the side stones you suggested... I considered different settings in different styles and finally settled with Endless Love by Ritani in platinum. You can view it on Bailey Banks and Biddle Website: http://shop.baileybanksandbiddle.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2090529&cp=2536722.2536735.2556736.&cp=2536722.2536735.2556736&f=PAD%2FDesigner%2FRitani&parentPage=search&searchId=20102580971

I ordered the ring last Friday and it is in the process of being made at this time. I am obviously keeping my center stone.
2.gif
It will take another 4 weeks -sigh- until it is completed. I will then share some photos of my new ring with you. But seriously, the pictures do not do it justice. The setting is soooo beautiful in person. Just what I have been looking for too as I do prefer stones that are set low.

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Oops... I forgot the picture earlier. Sorry about that.

princessincathedralsideview.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results