shape
carat
color
clarity

Call for Marquises [on the Jewelry Blog]

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know how to send a marquise photo to the blog, so I've started this thread.
My Mom's engagement ring, now mine.
p1150273.jpg
My recent purchase from James Allen, still in production as a stacking solitaire.
img_33.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS! :love:
Sorry no clue how to blog but had to comment on your bling. :appl:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

missy|1456230143|3994347 said:
GORGEOUS! :love:
Sorry no clue how to blog but had to comment on your bling. :appl:

Thanks, Missy. There was a call for marquises on the side-bar of PS this morning where the blogger requested photos. I could not figure out how to send them to her aside from starting a thread : )

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring, Jimmianne!

Speaking of marquise cuts, does anyone have the tiffany Victoria earrings?

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on receiving your mom's ring. It's beautiful. And the diamond you chose from JA looks looks wonderful. :appl: :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is a really gorgeous ring!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

darlinh

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi, Jimmianne.

I had a link to add pictures with comments into an existing thread but the link broke. It's fixed now in the blog, I've also included the navigational menu (Forum >> Show Me The Bling! >> Show your Marquise Love!) if anyone wants to know where I'm linking.

Here is the link if you'd like to add to the existing thread, Show your Marquise Love!:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-your-marquise-love.171011/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-your-marquise-love.171011/[/URL]

Thank you for sharing your mom's gorgeous marquise ring (congrats) and I can't wait to see the setting for that beautiful marquise diamond from JA!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooo la la Jimmianne, what a gorgeous ring & wonderful that its from your dear mother!! I love your marquise too, great choice, I'll look forward to seeing what you decide to do with it!! :appl: :appl: :wavey: :wavey:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous Jimmianne! Your Mom had great taste!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, you guys.
My Step-Dad picked out the stone [loose at an estate jewelers] and had the ring made. He was such a generous, even-tempered & philosophical person that to me this ring is a talisman of his personality. It's touching how our inherited pieces become so much more than the diamonds : )
My "real" Dad passed away at 63. He also gave Mom very nice jewelry as well, but was a work-a-holic and very strict.
My Mom remarried to a kind & laid back man much older and he continues to be my inspiration for living a good life and being kind [I try].
He lived to the age of 102 and once said the secret of a long life is to not let anything bother you : )
A funny thing is that the engagement ring he gave Mom was just enough larger than her first one ... and the companion wedding band was MUCH larger. I think he was having his "top dog" moment with that set :lol:
Anyway, I have been the lucky recipient of the generosity of both men, and of my Mother who knew how much I loved diamonds.
I love sharing them here.

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
thats a huge rock! love it!

bugbear

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! I enjoyed reading your background story on the ring. It's so true that inherited pieces become so much more than the diamonds. Thanks for sharing :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, I loved the story of your family, Jimmianne! How sweet that your mother had a second chance to be happy later in life! That ring is gorgeous! :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, your mom's ring is gorgeous. Such a pretty diamond. I loved reading the story about your mom, dad and step dad. That is amazing your step dad lived to 102. I like his philosophy. I can wait to see your pretty marquis. It looks like a fabulous diamond.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
wow :love: :love: :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring and how special that it comes form your mother. It sounds like she was very happy! I am glad it is now yours :love:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just have to tell you how much I love that ring of yours!!! Simply gorgeous!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1456240884|3994410 said:
kama_s|1456232614|3994361 said:
Gorgeous ring, Jimmianne!

Speaking of marquise cuts, does anyone have the tiffany Victoria earrings?

Yes, I do. :bigsmile:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/to-foresake-all-others.195582/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/to-foresake-all-others.195582/[/URL]

ETA: here is a link to the blog:

https://www.pricescope.com/blog/magnificent-marquise-diamond

Simply gorgeous, Canuk-gal! They must look spectacular on your ear! Thanks for sharing.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring from your mother :love: :love:
Looking forward to see your Marquise stacking ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results