shape
carat
color
clarity

CADS!!!

leahscott

Rough_Rock
Hello to all those CAD experts! What are your thoughts on this Ritani CAD? Any advice is welcome!

Platinum
Centre stone 1.52ct
Side stones 3.5mm
Weight of setting 1.23ct
Band is 3.1mm

sq022804_front_v4.jpg

sq022804_perspective_v4.jpg

sq022804_side_v4.jpg

sq022804_top_v4.jpg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thats a very nice setting! I am not a CAD nor setting expert (in the least) but the thing that immediately jumped out to me was the prongs. They looked kind of bulky, (I realize CADs are intentionally bulky to begin with) but I'd perhaps want to dialogue with the designer about the anticipated final shape of prongs. I'd prefer them to be a bit refined. I wish I had more input for you--looks like you're off to a great start, good luck with your ring!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
For me, the profile is just awful. It looks like braces.

Are you the wearer? Or just the buyer? And who picked this design?

leahscott

Rough_Rock
Thank you Gypsy for your opinion. I know you are quite experienced with CADS. Any advice for cleaning up the profile?

The ring will be worn by myself. My fiancé and I are Canadian. We already have a centre stone- 1.52ct RB. Our budget for the setting is approx $10,000. I am looking for a three stone halo. I liked Ritani's Masterwork collection and was looking for something similar.
I don't have any experience with custom designs, but I couldn't find something on the market that I liked.

ritani-1rz2720-masterwork-shared-prong-diamond-engagement-ring-in-18k-white-gold_gi_31513_w.jpg

detail_primary_m1r1326c_jp_tableview1_shadow.jpg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
$10,000 for the setting is a healthy budget! I'd go custom. I searched around and couldn't find many three stone halos. I know Victor Canera likes to do new designs, and I couldn't find one on his site, so maybe reach out to him and see if he has any ideas or would be interested in helping you design one?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
So just to check, RITANI is the one designing this ring?

It's just so so.... bad. I'm sorry. That profile is terrible. I can't imagine staring at that on my hand every day.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the profile of a different Ritani ring. Have them mimic this one for the love of pete.

detail_primary_m1r1326c_jp_frontview1.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Or this one (not Ritani) would be nice (although I would lower all those halos a milometer for sure).

three_stone_halo_profile.jpg

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Like the first one better than the last two
though not loving that either
what is drawing you to that one
what was your inspiration
have you got any pictures of rings you love​

leahscott

Rough_Rock
I agree, the profile is really what bothers me. The inspiration photos are above (in my previous post). The stock ring is lovely, but I didn't like the pave- not a huge fan of french cuts. I like a chunkier melee, and prongs that show the curve of the diamond like the little heart shaped, shared prongs or u-prongs. It's just not adding up. I'm happy with the superior view, but that profile...
There is a ton of experience here. Anyone have a constructive solution? I liked the gallery you suggested. Lovely.

leahscott

Rough_Rock
Sorry, french set... Not french cut. I don't like the french set.
Yes, Gypsy... Ritani, but to be fair to them, I don't have the experience to explain well what I am looking for.

leahscott

Rough_Rock
I'm going to start over. Maybe Victor Canera will be willing to make something for us.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
leahscott|1455740275|3992191 said:
I'm going to start over. Maybe Victor Canera will be willing to make something for us.

That is a great idea!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How fun, come back and show us what he comes up with! Excited for you! :wavey:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bet VC will come up with something lovely. I really don't like the original one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results