shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying my girlfriends engagement ring in next few days

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Awesome thread! PS at its best.

Congratulations, Matt and Amanda!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
HURRAY!!! We have a YES!!!
9.gif

So happy for you, Amanda & Matt!
36.gif

~Allyson

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MANY congratulations to you both!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
WoW, wonderful news! Congratulations Matt and Amanda, may your life forever be full of love, health and happiness! Now PLEEEEEEASEEE post those pics!
2.gif

TripleG

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hooray! Way to go! Can''t wait to hear the details and finally see the beauty!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Matt and Amanda - Congratulations!!! So glad to hear that.

Yes, I thought you''d like the scooter picture. I searched numerous pages of images and that was the best one I could find. Most were guys smiling near bikes but I couldn''t find much of any action pictures. I was going to put you on a nice custom cruiser but I guess those guys don''t smile so you got... the scooter!
23.gif

As a forum moderator elsewhere, you should be familiar with site rules.
38.gif
You can''t send a post like that without promptly following up with details AND pictures!!! Just kidding. You had one heck of a day yesterday... enjoy the moment. We''re so happy for you both.
36.gif

Treefrog

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Hooray! Congrats Matt! Can''t wait to see pics and hear the full story!!!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Yay!! Pictures!!!

arcticcatmatt

Shiny_Rock
And onto the story and pictures and video! I documented this pretty good
18.gif

My route (You may have to zoom out to see it) on the motorcycle
ROUTE

Pittston was under construction, oh man did that stink. My GPS was also acting up so it took me 45 mins to find the place. The twistys getting there were a blast! I left NY at 11:30 a.m. and returned home at 6 p.m.

I opened the package at Fed Ex just in case. The woman loved it so much she showed her coworkers after I opened it. Even took it out of my hand to do so haha.

I took off and decided to take expressway home because of time constraints. 1/2 way home I got off for mcdonalds. They had the on ramp shut down for construction! So I had to use my gps to find back roads to get back on at the next ramp 10 miles north.

As soon as I got home, I put my backpack in the garage and amanda came running out saying "Hi honey, can we go to the waterfall right now instead of tommorrow, they are calling for rain tommorrow and it is so hot out and I had a long day at my new job". I said "Yep, go get my shorts". I transferred the ring while she wasn''t looking and got everything. I told her the lump in my shorts were camera batteries because I wanted to take pictures and video of the waterfall.

We hurry up and drive the 1 hr up to get there and there are 4 cars there. Oh man, I even posted on the geocaching website hoping to deter some people.
See that here in the notes if interested
geocache link

There was a couple down on the rocks, I showed him the ring when walking by hoping they would stay back for a few mins. We get to the base of the falls and there are 2 guys up top that come right down to us. I am taking pictures and he comes to me and asks if I want our picture taken. I say no but I need another favor, I am waiting to propose here with a ring in my pocket. He said "OH!" and gave me a thumbs up and walked away and left, but his friend sat down to watch. I sorta signaled to him.. no, I want privacy for a few mins man and after 10 mins he left. Amanda was ready to go.

I then set up the camera on the tripod and said I wanted to take a video of us walking to the falls.. so I said matt "stand in front of that rock there"
amanda "This one?"
matt "yes that one" (video on)
I walk up and say
matt "now you are standing in front of two rocks."
I then get down in front of her and she looks behind her not knowing what I am talking about. She was looking for another big rock in the water. She sees me pull out the ring and say
matt "I have loved you from the start and I want to make you my wife. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"
amanda "yes, yes, yes!!!"
matt "oh, I am assuming you don''t want to think about it? haha"
amanda shakes her head no

And the rest you can see on the video. At the end of the video I put it on her finger and she finally looks at the ring! At first she did not even care and did not look at it.
Here is what you have been waiting for
Video of Proposal

She LOVES the ring and everyone is telling her how much is sparkles. I need to read the thread here on how to take better pictures but I cannot find it.

Pictures coming in a few....

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
I have been following your story. Awesome! congrats!! Such a beautiful proposal : )

arcticcatmatt

Shiny_Rock
^ thank you! Glad I kept you entertained!

Uploading pictures to pricescope is a pain. 100kb? These pictures are so tiny. I have one that is 1 inch across and still 150kb because the detail in it. I have 1 hr into resizing pictures to get them to 100kb and they stink. So I tried to link them in from two websites.. can''t do that
7.gif
Then unique file name ugh. Then only one per post.. man oh man.

I will start a few

amanda1.JPG

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice. :)

Hope the map is not too your house, too much information on you if that is the case.

arcticcatmatt

Shiny_Rock
No that is not a map to my house.. just to my town

amanda posing

amanda2.JPG

arcticcatmatt

Shiny_Rock
amanda getting close to the falls. It blows alot of wind!

amanda3.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely Proposal, Congrats!
36.gif

arcticcatmatt

Shiny_Rock
Last one till I figure out picture tricks.

Replies welcome! Maybe I will give amanda this thread to read and she will even make a guest appearance! haha

ring_on_her_hand.JPG

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2009 2:08:32 PM
Author: arcticcatmatt
ring on granite

So that is the granite top of the story? :razz:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Way to go Matt! You sure picked a beautiful ring!!!
36.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Checked in to see if any news and there IS!!! Congratulations Amanda and Matt
36.gif
Beautiful pictures, both of the waterfalls and the ring. The ring turned out gorgeous!

TripleG

Shiny_Rock
Trade
WooHoo! Pictures and a Video. Good Job! That ring is spectacular. Soooo sparkly, you really did a great job of picking it out. You can tell it is such a great cut. Sooo happy it worked out.

Congrats to both of you. Thanks for updating us!

Also, in regards to pictures the resizing can be a pain but try cropping the photos as well to get the close ups of the ring. It looks fabulous!!!

TripleG

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Oh question for you. Have you told her the funny way of how you got it and how she almost spoiled it several times all week? I bet she''s laughing about that now and finally putting it altogether :)

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Adorable! Matt, please tell Amanda she is one lucky lady and congrats! The pics are awesome, the proposal sounds amazing (I can''t view youtube from work) and the ring is absolutely perfect! BTW, love the new countertops!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results