tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I looks beautiful!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I just caught it in direct sunlight - WOW it is SO sparkly and lively!

I am trying not to rush my choice and want to sleep on it, but I think I would regret sending this back and am excited at the prospect of making it mine permanently, I can't get over how many pretty colors I see reflected in it :D

Not the best photos of it side by side with an antique diamond necklace I have - I don't know much about it, the center is approx. 4.3mm, and I do detect some warmth in the stones for sure - no clue what they'd be graded and they seem to vary - I finally got a loupe and see the OEC petal facets on all of the stones, which is fun - but the color difference is confirming that I prefer the whiter stone for my e-ring and makes it feel very special

IMG-2770.jpg

IMG-2771.jpg

IMG-2769.jpg

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@annagene12 Beautiful! I can't believe it arrived so quickly. How fun to come back to this thread and you already have it on your finger!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
There's nothing like an OEC.

And I see why your old stone bothers you, it looks dull and drab next to the new one (though maybe it just needs to be cleaned?)

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
There's nothing like an OEC.

And I see why your old stone bothers you, it looks dull and drab next to the new one (though maybe it just needs to be cleaned?)

You are completely right - I clean/cleaned it OBSESSIVELY - it always looks dirty to me too! I cleaned it in my ultrasonic cleaner right before I put it in a ring box!!! :wall:

When I wear it again - I think it really might do well with a recut but I am no where near deciding on it!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
@annagene12 Beautiful! I can't believe it arrived so quickly. How fun to come back to this thread and you already have it on your finger!

Thank you! It WAS lightning fast! I am impressed with Grace's turnaround time!

I am definitely thinking she is a keeper :kiss2:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Well, I have decided to keep the stone. I can't bear the thought of sending it back. I have a nice overcast day so got to see how it performed - it is just breathtaking to me in all lighting. It is easy to forget in non-PS world, a diamond over 1+ carats is a nice size! It feels comfortable to me, but still has lovely presence.

I am going to go nice and slow for the setting and shop around a lot.

I am going to hunt for antique side stones, preferably pears, I know they are rare - let alone in D-E-F color....but if anyone knows of any, please let me know! I will ask Grace to keep an eye out.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Decided on a 3-stone with OEC sides. :) I tried on a bunch of 3-stones with different proportions, including pears. I loved the smaller sides, vs the "wall of bling" that anything above 0.8tcw looked like to me next to my 1.3. I liked pears too, but want real antiques and they are a needle in a haystack and I don't want them cut. My fiance sweetly said that if I ever found genuine pears, I can upgrade in the future if I want.

I like how they are all slightly different, slightly different faceting and personalities...but I think they look nice together! It makes me think of "wabi sabi" - a Japanese, aesthetic concept, where some imperfection is regarded as highly beautiful (I cherish this world view so much, I have it tattooed!)

The sides are uncerted, ~4mm, 0.575tcw
F/G, one is SI1, the other VS1

Very excited! they are going into a platinum bezel

020A5944-8370-4B0A-99AE-9135292729A1.JPG

793DF7EB-AE49-4E7E-8588-53076D9E3863.JPG

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
What a fantastic update. I think a 3 stone ring is going to look beautiful on you. Did you find the new stones locally?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
What a fantastic update. I think a 3 stone ring is going to look beautiful on you. Did you find the new stones locally?

Aww thank you! I am elated!

I did not find them locally - I tried, but no one could source anything for me. I am actually working with Sako to build my ring!

I did some terrible drawings I sent him for inspo

(Underside view)

IMG-2972.jpg IMG-2971.jpg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Decided on a 3-stone with OEC sides. :) I tried on a bunch of 3-stones with different proportions, including pears. I loved the smaller sides, vs the "wall of bling" that anything above 0.8tcw looked like to me next to my 1.3. I liked pears too, but want real antiques and they are a needle in a haystack and I don't want them cut. My fiance sweetly said that if I ever found genuine pears, I can upgrade in the future if I want.

I like how they are all slightly different, slightly different faceting and personalities...but I think they look nice together! It makes me think of "wabi sabi" - a Japanese, aesthetic concept, where some imperfection is regarded as highly beautiful (I cherish this world view so much, I have it tattooed!)

The sides are uncerted, ~4mm, 0.575tcw
F/G, one is SI1, the other VS1

Very excited! they are going into a platinum bezel

020A5944-8370-4B0A-99AE-9135292729A1.JPG

793DF7EB-AE49-4E7E-8588-53076D9E3863.JPG

Beautifully put together trio!
:love:

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
That’s so exciting! The three stones look great together and I love a three stone bezel.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
It’s here!!!!

675F6B43-0176-4502-B2A6-66DC7834242B.jpeg
I posted more photos in the engagement ring thread - so excited! It’s so delicate and lovely in person

She's beautiful. And I really loved your hand drawn images too! Can't wait to see more photos of it, especially the profile. Enjoy your new ring.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
The workmanship is amazing. It is the most delicate milgrain I have ever seen.

I caught a glimpse of the ring under trees on an overcast day - WOW- it is like having three little disco balls on my hand! :kiss2: The E color center is crazy white and glorious. I suspect the sides are at least an F, but I think they look perfect- Sako did a great job selecting. They each have tiny little flowery centers. He said he dug through about 20 carats of melee to find them :D

Also included a profile shot. It is the perfect balance of open w/ visual interest for me - easy to clean, but I like much more than a totally open. I also like that all 3 diamonds are level - I know that leaves a decent space beneath the side stones, but I had to choose staggered height or level - and I am happy with my choice. It is ~6.5mm at it's highest off my finger.

IMG-3248.jpg

IMG-3251.jpg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I want to see, I want to see!
I need video disco ball goodness! :love:

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!!! I think you have really finally found the perfect ring for you!! It has been a journey, but I think you needed to go through the journey to discover what you love in a setting and a stone. Wear your beautiful new engagement in health and happiness!! It is gorgeous!!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my! This is just gorgeousness!!! You need to start a thread on smtb to do it justice!

dmack

Shiny_Rock
Wheeeee, I love it! The high crowns rising up above the bezel are so cool. Are you happy with how the gallery turned out?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
@OdetteOdile I think you are totally right, it was a bit of a long road but I am so pleased with the outcome. I learned a lot along the way, and couldn't have figured it out what I was dissatisfied w/out the help and support of PS!

thank you @winnietucker and @nala , so sweet!!! I think an STMB thread is a fun idea! Once I figure out a video!!!

I am actually getting married tomorrow - and then going on a 2 week honeymoon! Definitely did things up against the wire...HAH! But the road trip will plenty of chances to take blings pics with all sorts of nature's wonders as a backdrop :lol:

And yes @dmack I LOVE the way the crowns peek out- and very excited about the gallery. I sort of had to make it up, and the execution was just like I imagined!

dmack

Shiny_Rock
Tomorrow!!! Oh my gosh, a million congratulations. Enjoy everything about the day!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! The ring is spectacular! Enjoy your wedding and honeymoon!

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The workmanship is amazing. It is the most delicate milgrain I have ever seen.

I caught a glimpse of the ring under trees on an overcast day - WOW- it is like having three little disco balls on my hand! :kiss2: The E color center is crazy white and glorious. I suspect the sides are at least an F, but I think they look perfect- Sako did a great job selecting. They each have tiny little flowery centers. He said he dug through about 20 carats of melee to find them :D

Also included a profile shot. It is the perfect balance of open w/ visual interest for me - easy to clean, but I like much more than a totally open. I also like that all 3 diamonds are level - I know that leaves a decent space beneath the side stones, but I had to choose staggered height or level - and I am happy with my choice. It is ~6.5mm at it's highest off my finger.

IMG-3248.jpg

IMG-3251.jpg

Stunning! I love everything about it!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Oh it's gorgeous!
Just delicate, classy, old cut gorgeousness!!!!

& A big congratulations to you and your love! Enjoy every moment of your wedding and honey moon!

I hope you both have a long and happy marriage ♥️

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results