shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
That is moissanite. What they call "colorless"

I bought a lab blue pear from Ella that I am very happy with. I don't have pics as I am waiting on a new phone. It was what I would consider a lot of money to risk, so I guess it depends on the price you're looking to pay for a lab diamond.

is it an HPHT G?

It’s really beautiful.

The one I’m considering is a CVD, type 11a.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
It’s really beautiful.

The one I’m considering is a CVD, type 11a.

I'd be a little concerned about the color in a CVD G. CVD diamonds tend to show a brown tint and getting down below F runs a greater risk of it being visible. Can they send you a photo face down on a white page?

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
Question for Tiaynu veterans: is it normal for their lead time to say 12-155 working days on the invoice? That would put us into next year for project completion!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Question for Tiaynu veterans: is it normal for their lead time to say 12-155 working days on the invoice? That would put us into next year for project completion!

mine said something like 29 days but it ran long so they kept having to send a request to extend it. i would guess they changed to the longer timeframe b/c alibaba has a built in mechanism where you can get a refund if your order is late.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
mine said something like 29 days but it ran long so they kept having to send a request to extend it. i would guess they changed to the longer timeframe b/c alibaba has a built in mechanism where you can get a refund if your order is late.

I think they also had to do this with the jacked up shipping timelines due to COVID.

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
I think they also had to do this with the jacked up shipping timelines due to COVID.

yeah, very good point. my purchase was over a year ago.

ETA I'm wearing it right now actually :lol: :lol: :lol:

1595604000219.png

Beautiful ring! I'm going to ask if they'll do something like 60 working days. That should be plenty of time IMO.

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
7FF073B6-4208-40D1-8E57-78053B038A3E.jpeg D3F02140-1C83-42C6-B788-5DB14D8D6502.jpeg C7A20105-21FB-4C45-8217-0931922114C8.jpeg

Specs: 2ct oval lab diamond CVD H/VVS2 VG/VG, PT950 and ring size 6.
IGI certificate nbr is on the girdle.

Timeline from payment till finish ring is 21 days.

I've worked with Sophia before so i reached out to her again.
I asked her to give me some quotes for an oval 1.5ct-2ct range.
After looking multiply video's and pictures i decided to go for the 2ct one.
I was a bit worry that the bow tie is prominent but she assured me it wasn't.
When i opened the box i was blown away.
The ring was much more beautiful than in the video and i could hardly see the bow tie.
The lab diamond has a tiny bit of yellow tinge but still very white. If you're color sensitive i suggest you to stick with G color and above.
The ring is very solid and was spot on.
The inside of the shank is carved out so all the weights is in the base and my ring won't shift to the sides.
And it saves me money too haha.

It was a smooth transaction. Sophia is very nice and speak very well English.
At first i chose for 4 tab prongs, Sophia recommended double claw prongs for more security.
I'm very pleased with my ring and working with Sophia was fantastic!

More pictures see link, i'm wearing a blue shirt, i think you can tell from the pictures lol

Edit: add an extra video

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
@Ra2nl GORGEOUS! Can I ask a ballpark of how much it was? It's so pretty! AND thank you for providing how long it took start to finish.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
7FF073B6-4208-40D1-8E57-78053B038A3E.jpeg D3F02140-1C83-42C6-B788-5DB14D8D6502.jpeg C7A20105-21FB-4C45-8217-0931922114C8.jpeg

Specs: 2ct oval lab diamond CVD H/VVS2 VG/VG, PT950 and ring size 6.
IGI certificate nbr is on the girdle.

Timeline from payment till finish ring is 21 days.

I've worked with Sophia before so i reached out to her again.
I asked her to give me some quotes for an oval 1.5ct-2ct range.
After looking multiply video's and pictures i decided to go for the 2ct one.
I was a bit worry that the bow tie is prominent but she assured me it wasn't.
When i opened the box i was blown away.
The ring was much more beautiful than in the video and i could hardly see the bow tie.
The lab diamond has a tiny bit of yellow tinge but still very white. If you're color sensitive i suggest you to stick with G color and above.
The ring is very solid and was spot on.
The inside of the shank is carved out so all the weights is in the base and my ring won't shift to the sides.
And it saves me money too haha.

It was a smooth transaction. Sophia is very nice and speak very well English.
At first i chose for 4 tab prongs, Sophia recommended double claw prongs for more security.
I'm very pleased with my ring and working with Sophia was fantastic!

More pictures see link, i'm wearing a blue shirt, i think you can tell from the pictures lol

Edit: add an extra video

How beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing this. Did they send you an IGI cert (hard copy) with your ring as well?

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you @Grymera
I bought this on promotion and because the prices fluctuates, Sophia asked me not to mention the price. I'm sorry but i've to respect that.
I advise you to look at the Instagram page of @yadismoissanitejwelery and scroll a bit down untill you see 5 pics of lab diamonds with certificates. They mentioned their promotion price in the comments.

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you @sd_flp
Yes the IGI hard copy came together with the ring. The certificate nbr was lasered on the girdle.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @sd_flp
Yes the IGI hard copy came together with the ring. The certificate nbr was lasered on the girdle.

Awesome, thanks! I did see a blue oval yesterday on Tianyu’s IG (managed by Ella) that was really tempting but I decided to pass as it wasn’t the correct size I’m looking for. However the price was extremely reasonable. :)

Also is it bad that I am waiting for their moissys to be half the price they’re selling now? :oops::lol:

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
Awesome, thanks! I did see a blue oval yesterday on Tianyu’s IG (managed by Ella) that was really tempting but I decided to pass as it wasn’t the correct size I’m looking for. However the price was extremely reasonable. :)

Also is it bad that I am waiting for their moissys to be half the price they’re selling now? :oops::lol:

The colored ones are so beautiful, must be really hard to pass it. You did well!
I'm already start saving :???:

Yes it would be great if the moissys and gold prices drops a lot. I still have some on my wishlist :lol:

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
Thank you @Grymera
I bought this on promotion and because the prices fluctuates, Sophia asked me not to mention the price. I'm sorry but i've to respect that.
I advise you to look at the Instagram page of @yadismoissanitejwelery and scroll a bit down untill you see 5 pics of lab diamonds with certificates. They mentioned their promotion price in the comments.

Understood, thank you for the resource. :dance: My eyes just about popped out of my head at their promo pricing. WOW! You must've gotten a killer deal. I'll have to add some lab yummies to my wish list!

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
Understood, thank you for the resource. :dance: My eyes just about popped out of my head at their promo pricing. WOW! You must've gotten a killer deal. I'll have to add some lab yummies to my wish list!

Yes i think it was great deal.
You have to keep an eye on their Instagram's accounts, they announce their promotion there.

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
I'm so excited, my CAD came back and it looks nearly perfect! The only thing I'm wondering, do you think the shank is thick enough? I wanted the final rink shank to be 1.8mm, should I have them bump it up to 2mm so it can be finished down to 1.8mm, or is it fine as is?

57212744647ba4c51cad02a0110f0b2b.jpg

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so excited, my CAD came back and it looks nearly perfect! The only thing I'm wondering, do you think the shank is thick enough? I wanted the final rink shank to be 1.8mm, should I have them bump it up to 2mm so it can be finished down to 1.8mm, or is it fine as is?

57212744647ba4c51cad02a0110f0b2b.jpg

You don’t have to bump it up for Tianyu so your measurements are fine. What kind of center is this? I’ve seen the SG rubies and they were pretty pink.

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
@swaye2010 thank you for confirming! I think I will ask for it to be bumped up just as a mind clean issue. I don't want it too thin and would rather it have more presence with 2mm.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
@swaye2010 thank you for confirming! I think I will ask for it to be bumped up just as a mind clean issue. I don't want it too thin and would rather it have more presence with 2mm.

I never go under 2 mm in width. The band is tapered so it still looks thin from the top. The thickness at the bottom won’t be seen at all but the thicker it is, the better it will hold up.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
There are over 80 pages so would like to save time if possible. Does anyone have a link for contacting rep to purchase a loose 6.5mm round from Tianyu? DK reset my diamond solitaire pendant so I have an empty setting I'd like to fill.
Thank you!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I thought mrsgeeneyes had put it on the first page but in case it is not there, I did it all on the Reddit moissanite page. I would start with Ella [email protected]. You can always try SG for some comparison quote’s. There are a ton of pictures on the r/moissanite page. If you are over $500, ask for the Reddit discount.

VJ020

Rough_Rock
I have been chatting with tianyu and yadisjewelry on instagram. However, I am unsure how the purchase process goes.

Tianyu offered alibaba trade assurance while YadisJewelry offered paypal or credit card.

For both vendors, do you click on an item on alibaba to complete the purchase or complete the purchase over instagram chat? What method of payment is the best to minimize risks and ensure I do not lose my money?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been chatting with tianyu and yadisjewelry on instagram. However, I am unsure how the purchase process goes.

Tianyu offered alibaba trade assurance while YadisJewelry offered paypal or credit card.

For both vendors, do you click on an item on alibaba to complete the purchase or complete the purchase over instagram chat? What method of payment is the best to minimize risks and ensure I do not lose my money?

tianyu will send an invoice through alibaba if that's the route you choose to take. i don't know yadis but i assume they would send a paypal invoice

VJ020

Rough_Rock
tianyu will send an invoice through alibaba if that's the route you choose to take. i don't know yadis but i assume they would send a paypal invoice

Thanks @bludiva that's really helpful and reassuring to know. I've read all 83 pages and it seems TY is reputable for both moissanites and lab diamonds.

I'm really tempted to go with TY over brilliant earth. Still waiting to hear back from Starsgem. Did you have to create a alibaba account and should I be worried they might send me a moissanite instead of a lab diamond even if I am able to verify the girdle inscription? (nothing against moissys - each has it's own attractive feature but just considering the price they are asking and getting what was paid for.)

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @bludiva that's really helpful and reassuring to know. I've read all 83 pages and it seems TY is reputable for both moissanites and lab diamonds.

I'm really tempted to go with TY over brilliant earth. Still waiting to hear back from Starsgem. Did you have to create a alibaba account and should I be worried they might send me a moissanite instead of a lab diamond even if I am able to verify the girdle inscription? (nothing against moissys - each has it's own attractive feature but just considering the price they are asking and getting what was paid for.)
Depending on the lab diamond size you go for, you might want to get a cert. I am not sure if they are girdle inscribed. You will have to ask for a pic through a microscope. I think lost are cut to order.

I don’t think you have to worry about being sent the wrong stone, they are different areas of their production. I usually contact Ella and like to use PP with a credit card. That doesn’t mean all custom orders will be covered under their assurance programs so this is a buyer beware consideration for you. I think larger stones should be compared to other US based companies as well through a service like rare carat. I am linking our reddit group for lab diamond’s where most of the conversation’s have moved to for these types of posts if you want to do further reading.

You would be covered if the item was not received but not necessarily if it was not as described so I should clarify that point.

mcosme

Shiny_Rock
Hi all

I'm thinking to buy a pair of moissanite earrings. Has anyone recently purchased and know the rough cost for 6.5mm size and 14k setting? Also if the vendor claims the stones are H&A - can I ask to see some photos before they ship it? Also, is Tianyu significantly better than Stargems because they seem to also cost a lot more? Thanks!

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock

I've a lab diamond ring from Tianyu and the IGI reportnbr was laser inscribed in the girdle.
I think the best is to pay with Paypal for extra security.
Yadis is Tianyu's jewelry line

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results