shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all, I’ve been casually lurking on the forum and became interested in adding a few moissy projects. I went on alibaba last night and WOW, prices are higher than what I remember last year. I can’t help but feel a little disappointed. I was low key hoping that with the introduction of lab diamonds the pricing for moissys would have gone down. Instead they are roughly the same as I remember or a little more. :shock:

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all, I’ve been casually lurking on the forum and became interested in adding a few moissy projects. I went on alibaba last night and WOW, prices are higher than what I remember last year. I can’t help but feel a little disappointed. I was low key hoping that with the introduction of lab diamonds the pricing for moissys would have gone down. Instead they are roughly the same as I remember or a little more. :shock:

Gold prices are high right now. And lab diamond prices are still high enough that they don't really impact the moissanite market.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
This forum really pushed me to purchase from Tianyu!!!! I bought a 7mm oec g/h and had ivy and rose set it. It’s perfect!!!
C80F2AF2-DB39-484A-88A5-C783FF5A3030.jpeg F15AF26A-4919-4489-808E-9B794DAB6F69.jpeg

That really is pretty! I think those target rings from Ivy & Rose are so reasonably priced and look so expensive. Did they set the stone for you or did a local jeweler do it?

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That really is pretty! I think those target rings from Ivy & Rose are so reasonably priced and look so expensive. Did they set the stone for you or did a local jeweler do it?

Ivy and Rose set the stone! It was probably a little over $800 total for the completed ring, but I am sooooo happy with the quality. The milgrain is very fine, and the bezel is perfect. It’s low profile and I love the profile view. I was literally shaking once I opened the package. I ordered the stone and thought it was more than good enough to put in an “expensive” setting. I love the cut. The stone almost glows. I go through rings pretty fast, but I think I will enjoy this one for a while!
93FBEC9F-CAAC-42C1-8953-1EAEF202A7A1.jpeg 93C443A0-DFB2-4628-A44C-2E7E6ADCEFC0.jpeg

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Ivy and Rose set the stone! It was probably a little over $800 total for the completed ring, but I am sooooo happy with the quality. The milgrain is very fine, and the bezel is perfect. It’s low profile and I love the profile view. I was literally shaking once I opened the package. I ordered the stone and thought it was more than good enough to put in an “expensive” setting. I love the cut. The stone almost glows. I go through rings pretty fast, but I think I will enjoy this one for a while!
93FBEC9F-CAAC-42C1-8953-1EAEF202A7A1.jpeg 93C443A0-DFB2-4628-A44C-2E7E6ADCEFC0.jpeg

The profile in your ring is gorgeous!!! I have a setting from Ivy and Rose, too, and with a moissy from Tianyu! Lately however, I’ve thought about taking it out and replacing it with a warmer OEC moissy. Right now there is a colorless RB in the setting. Seeing your ring makes me want to get one so bad :kiss2:

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
This forum really pushed me to purchase from Tianyu!!!! I bought a 7mm oec g/h and had ivy and rose set it. It’s perfect!!!
C80F2AF2-DB39-484A-88A5-C783FF5A3030.jpeg F15AF26A-4919-4489-808E-9B794DAB6F69.jpeg

It's beautiful!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
For reference in case people are wondering about gold prices right now:

I asked for a price quote for a ring I found from Brilliant Earth.

38CD0B17-1B04-4BEC-9C14-86AE990D7922.jpeg

It is $292 for 14k white gold and 2 lab diamonds (size 3.5 US). The price is much cheaper than BE, but that still seems to be steep compared to Etsy vendors with a similar look.

Anyway I only asked because my engagement ring basket sits a hair too low for a wedding band to sit flush, so I thought it’d be nice to have an open band to sit between my rings.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sd_flp
Thank you for that info. Were you asking BE for that quote, or another vendor?
I'm wondering if I'll be wanting a similar ring as a spacer once I get my marquise and set it.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
@sd_flp
I'm wondering if I'll be wanting a similar ring as a spacer once I get my marquise and set it.

That quote is definitely Tianyu, much less expensive than BE would be.

Gold is at over $1800/oz right now, so not surprised.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
@sd_flp

Oh sorry!!! I asked my Tianyu rep for a quote to make this BE band.

I did find similar bands on Etsy and prices were either similar or less. To me it makes more sense to shop locally if the savings from Tianyu aren’t going to be that much.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sd_flp
I should have figured that! Thanks for the clarification
And, I agree about shopping locally when we can. With the pandemic, I fear that our local jewelers (and all locally owned businesses) won't be able to make it much longer. As soon as my marquise arrives, I want to get to my local jeweler, to give him my business. It's just going to be a setting of the stone in a ring I already own, but every little bit could count, right? I sure hope so.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
@KaeKae I definitely agree. I am still waiting on my engagement ring to be set (we were able to make an appointment surprisingly!) and we do plan on getting our bands from him as well. He was very appreciative of our business so I hope that counts! :)

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
In other news, I really do want to replace this D/E H&A from Tianyu with a GH OEC. I thought about getting one from Distinctive Gem but after @prinsad posted hers I might just go back to Tianyu.

123452E7-5420-4F8B-AE96-B03BA538FA73.jpeg

I already have a AVR moissy and my engagement ring stone is a MRB, so I no longer feel the need to have this stone anymore...or maybe I will convert it into a pendant. Hmmmm...

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
In other news, I really do want to replace this D/E H&A from Tianyu with a GH OEC. I thought about getting one from Distinctive Gem but after @prinsad posted hers I might just go back to Tianyu.

I already have a AVR moissy and my engagement ring stone is a MRB, so I no longer feel the need to have this stone anymore...or maybe I will convert it into a pendant. Hmmmm...

What size is it? I might be interested in a high color H&A.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

you may want to check out the jubilee cut from starsgem, i have one and it is super pretty (have not gotten around to doing anything with it) for something that has a vintage vibe and is a little different...i think it's a gh, def has a touch of color.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
What size is it? I might be interested in a high color H&A.

It’s 6.6mm; it’s not too big. I’m still hanging on to it but if you’re interested I’ll let you know. I want to get my OEC first :lol:

you may want to check out the jubilee cut from starsgem, i have one and it is super pretty (have not gotten around to doing anything with it) for something that has a vintage vibe and is a little different...i think it's a gh, def has a touch of color.

Thanks! =)2 I like the jubilee cut but my heart is set on the OEC. I have been wanting one since last year; I just never got around to it because I was waiting for moissy prices to drop since lab diamonds have been introduced to the market.

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
For reference in case people are wondering about gold prices right now:

I asked for a price quote for a ring I found from Brilliant Earth.

38CD0B17-1B04-4BEC-9C14-86AE990D7922.jpeg

It is $292 for 14k white gold and 2 lab diamonds (size 3.5 US). The price is much cheaper than BE, but that still seems to be steep compared to Etsy vendors with a similar look.

Anyway I only asked because my engagement ring basket sits a hair too low for a wedding band to sit flush, so I thought it’d be nice to have an open band to sit between my rings.

I was thinking about the same design but wasn't sure about the size of the lab diamonds yet and if i really need a new ring haha.
The quoted price you got seems a bit high for such a simple ring.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I was thinking about the same design but wasn't sure about the size of the lab diamonds yet and if i really need a new ring haha.
The quoted price you got seems a bit high for such a simple ring.

Yes, it’s pretty high. I’d be ok with spending $250 max but not over that. Plus that doesn’t include shipping.

Meanwhile I have found other Etsy vendors who make similar rings for lower or if they’re around the same price, they offer bigger or more diamonds.

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium

I think an oec would look beautiful in that setting!

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, it’s pretty high. I’d be ok with spending $250 max but not over that. Plus that doesn’t include shipping.

Meanwhile I have found other Etsy vendors who make similar rings for lower or if they’re around the same price, they offer bigger or more diamonds.

such as? I hate browsing through etsy listings trying to figure out what's legit or not.

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Here is an example: https://www.etsy.com/listing/573664348/marquise-diamond-matching-wedding?ref=hp_rf-1&pro=1&frs=1

a little bit more but diamonds are bigger, natural, and offer free shipping. With Tianyu it would end up being more with DHL.

I find that both Stargems and Tianyu s Prices aren’t cheap anymore. Which is totally there right to charge what they want, but I don’t consider them anymore I rather go to David klass then order something from China. Also their lab diamond prices are higher than US vendors (who have return policies).

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I find that both Stargems and Tianyu s Prices aren’t cheap anymore. Which is totally there right to charge what they want, but I don’t consider them anymore I rather go to David klass then order something from China. Also their lab diamond prices are higher than US vendors (who have return policies).

I think it depends. Gold is high, so that doesn't surprise me - but on labor intensive settings, they're substantially cheaper still.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
So I know this thread is very quiet relative to the Reddit pages now, but I just wanted to say -

Tianyu has a new cut out for a square radiant and this thing is bang on, UNBELIEVABLE.

this is a 7mm DEF. Meant to replicate the Tiffany True, but it's the wrong cut (that one won't work in moissanite, I don't think) but in terms of radiants - I've never seen a radiant diamond this good.

It's everything a radiant should be - deep, glittery, with light bouncing around inside it, but no mush at all. Proper crown height, not pancakey.

Unreal.

IMG_20200714_142030.jpg IMG_20200714_145304.jpg

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
So I know this thread is very quiet relative to the Reddit pages now, but I just wanted to say -

Tianyu has a new cut out for a square radiant and this thing is bang on, UNBELIEVABLE.

this is a 7mm DEF. Meant to replicate the Tiffany True, but it's the wrong cut (that one won't work in moissanite, I don't think) but in terms of radiants - I've never seen a radiant diamond this good.

It's everything a radiant should be - deep, glittery, with light bouncing around inside it, but no mush at all. Proper crown height, not pancakey.

Unreal.

How pretty! Thanks for showing us! Maybe it will help someone!

Grymera

Shiny_Rock

Unreal.

Ooh, I love this. I was considering getting these in yellow with a yellow halo. So nice you love the radiant cut!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 2.22.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 2.22.47 PM.png
    233.5 KB · Views: 32

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock

Unreal.

That’s beautiful. Is this a moissanite or a lab diamond?

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
I know this is a dedicated moissy thread... but I am considering a lab diamond purchase from Tianyu. I’ve got a working relationship with Sophia. They’ve got a special now on lab rounds, at the best prices that I’ve seen, even though the US companies I’ve never heard of before via rare carat searches.

I am considering one, based off of the report, it has an HCA score of 1. 7.36x 7.42 mm, G, VS1. Do you guys have any advice about buying lab diamond from Tianyu?

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
That’s beautiful. Is this a moissanite or a lab diamond?

That is moissanite. What they call "colorless"

I bought a lab blue pear from Ella that I am very happy with. I don't have pics as I am waiting on a new phone. It was what I would consider a lot of money to risk, so I guess it depends on the price you're looking to pay for a lab diamond.

is it an HPHT G?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results