shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
3A32D5A7-5B22-42F2-AC5A-BF81763DE96C.jpeg 154A1905-93CE-469B-9098-0195601963AA.png 5D84814D-23B1-459A-846C-5C0BE1544C8D.png Sorry, here is the picture from the video that Tianyu sent me. It is a 2 carat center and she asked if I liked the X or deep cut. My ring size is 9 so I would like larger stones for greater coverage.
I am not sure what the difference is between the two so she should show you an example of each kind of cut. My ring size is an 8.5 so similar in size to your’s. Do you want straight baguettes like the ring above or tapered like the one I linked on your other thread? For some reason I remember the ring above being much bigger than 2 carats but I would have to go back and find the page.

Personally, I would go for a larger center like 3 carat and do tapered baguettes for the sides but it depends on what look you are after. It is just more comfortable than straight baguettes sides.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I found the info for that ring so if you like the look here is the invoice off of page 34 with the measurements.
3A33DBA7-63AA-45DA-AEC8-7040F3B18AAD.jpeg

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am not sure what the difference is between the two so she should show you an example of each kind of cut. My ring size is an 8.5 so similar in size to your’s. Do you want straight baguettes like the ring above or tapered like the one I linked on your other thread? For some reason I remember the ring above being much bigger than 2 carats but I would have to go back and find the page.

Personally, I would go for a larger center like 3 carat and do tapered baguettes for the sides but it depends on what look you are after. It is just more comfortable than straight baguettes sides.

Thank you!!! That information is perfect. I would prefer comfort over appearance. Yes, I would like the same, so I will ask for same!

Tampa_Wildcat

Rough_Rock
The rings have been completed. Looking forward to seeing in person.

WhatsApp Image 2019-03-25 at 4.19.24 AM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-03-25 at 4.19.03 AM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-03-25 at 4.10.04 AM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-03-25 at 4.10.03 AM.jpeg

tevyk

Rough_Rock
I had the 18K white gold and palladium mix in a ring. The rhodium plating doesn’t disappear as quickly so they stay shiny longer. The other person who bought this mixture still had a reaction to it so I know it must contain traces of nickel, although less than regular white gold.

Well Tianyu just got back to me and said "we don't do palladium white gold mix. We can skip rhodium plating if you want though" Shrug.

Tianyu is also quoting me 50% more than SG for these simple earrings, which is a bummer ($200 vs $300 in 18k WG), and won't budge on price. Guess I should've ordered a few months ago when I decided I was going to do this.

They sent the attached sample design image for the setting since I didn't provide one; any structural concerns about it lacking the band around the circumference that I often see?

1111111.jpg

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Well Tianyu just got back to me and said "we don't do palladium white gold mix. We can skip rhodium plating if you want though" Shrug.

Tianyu is also quoting me 50% more than SG for these simple earrings, which is a bummer ($200 vs $300 in 18k WG), and won't budge on price. Guess I should've ordered a few months ago when I decided I was going to do this.

They sent the attached sample design image for the setting since I didn't provide one; any structural concerns about it lacking the band around the circumference that I often see?

1111111.jpg
Hmmmm...things are getting a little weird. I wish they would stop changing things because it makes it hard to recommend them to people with the caveat of good quality and cheap prices. I don’t know why they say they can’t do 18K & palladium since they did 2 rings for me that way and did all of mrsgreeneyes rings originally in that mix. When we were asking for unplated white gold, they said if they didn’t rhodium dip them, they would oxidize. SG told me about their platinum alloys but I am not sure what is exactly used in their alloyed gold metals. I have a feeling it won’t look like unplated white gold like what we might get here in the US. For that price, I am not sure I would chance it.

Regarding the design of those earrings - they look like crown style settings instead of martini or basket. They are more secure because of the extra metal at the base and are probably suggesting these because of the size of the stones. The problem is that they will stick out of your earring holes further and can droop if they are heavy. It woudln’t work for my earlobes but everyone is different.

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
I found Tianyu shop on ETSY
https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1598674839

Think that's where they start selling their sterling silver rings. But the main stones are still supposed to be moissanites. I decided to take a plunge and order a 3 stone ring from them.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/675787658/tianyu-gems-jewelry-cushion-cut-925?ref=shop_home_active_1

I got it fairly quick so they probably had it instock already or something. The main stone was a lot warmer than the side stones, like noticeably so. It doesn't have any sparkle and kind of lackluster. If it wasn't so warm I would think it was a CZ, lol. It could be the cut themselves. Maybe the sterling silver ring with a small round solitaire would be a better pick. Just a heads up incase anyone is thinking about getting a similar cushion cut. I've only taken 2 pics of the ring because I haven't wear it since. Maybe I'll try to give it another chance. Though the different between near colorless and colorless between the stones are too distracting for me.

IMG_20190321_231021.jpg IMG_20190321_231025.jpg

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
I found Tianyu shop on ETSY
https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1598674839

Think that's where they start selling their sterling silver rings. But the main stones are still supposed to be moissanites. I decided to take a plunge and order a 3 stone ring from them.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/675787658/tianyu-gems-jewelry-cushion-cut-925?ref=shop_home_active_1

I got it fairly quick so they probably had it instock already or something. The main stone was a lot warmer than the side stones, like noticeably so. It doesn't have any sparkle and kind of lackluster. If it wasn't so warm I would think it was a CZ, lol. It could be the cut themselves. Maybe the sterling silver ring with a small round solitaire would be a better pick. Just a heads up incase anyone is thinking about getting a similar cushion cut. I've only taken 2 pics of the ring because I haven't wear it since. Maybe I'll try to give it another chance. Though the different between near colorless and colorless between the stones are too distracting for me.

IMG_20190321_231021.jpg IMG_20190321_231025.jpg
Wow looks dull, almost like a crushed ice. Can definitely see that difference in color too

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
Wow looks dull, almost like a crushed ice. Can definitely see that difference in color too

I would definitely stick with the usual cuts everybody been getting from them. The color differences is more noticeable in person than in pictures. The main stone almost has an underlining greenness to it, so not sure if it was just my environment, they're selling lower quality with the sterling silver, or something else.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I believe all their sterling silver pieces are IJK colored. I wish they would disclose that in their etsy listings. I only know about the color grade because I was thinking about getting some of their costume jewelry and I've seen Tianyu list them as IJK on alibaba.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I believe all their sterling silver pieces are IJK colored. I wish they would disclose that in their etsy listings. I only know about the color grade because I was thinking about getting some of their costume jewelry and I've seen Tianyu list them as IJK on alibaba.
@sd_flp This isn’t really the place to put this but I didn’t know where to post it..I compared my GoldenBird OEC and the Tianyu OEC and I have to say although Tianyu’s is a better cut..I like the Goldenbird’s one better..maybe because of the color. It’s more vanilla like..and looks more like an old cut...It could really pass for a wonky OEC. I think you mentioned trying to decide on the color for your Tianyu moissy.but not sure if it was for an OEC. I would be curious to see what theirs looks like in their GH.

Last edited:

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
@sd_flp This isn’t really the place to put this but I didn’t know where to post it..I compared my GoldenBird OEC and the Tianyu OEC and I have to say although Tianyu’s is a better cut..I like the Goldenbird’s one better..maybe because of the color. It’s more vanilla like..and looks more like an old cut...It could really pass for a wonky OEC. I think you mentioned trying to decide on the color for your Tianygu moissy.but not sure if it was for an OEC. I would be curious to see what theirs looks like in their GH.
Awww, thanks, @Mamabean! Yeah, I wish there was a PM function on here because sometimes I don’t want to derail the conversation. :lol-2: I dunno, I do like Tianyu’s OEC cut but they’ve gotten pretty expensive. I got a quote for the GH loose and it is more than what mrsgreeneyes paid, and hers was bigger and a higher color grade! Then again, I just saw Starsgem’s sample OEC and it made me very hesitant... :eek2:

I don’t think GoldenBird’s pieces are that bad from what I’ve seen. Personally I think his cuts are better than diamondrensu, although I’m not sure I’m willing to chance on either! :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, thanks, @Mamabean! Yeah, I wish there was a PM function on here because sometimes I don’t want to derail the conversation. :lol-2: I dunno, I do like Tianyu’s OEC cut but they’ve gotten pretty expensive. I got a quote for the GH loose and it is more than what mrsgreeneyes paid, and hers was bigger and a higher color grade! Then again, I just saw Starsgem’s sample OEC and it made me very hesitant... :eek2:

I don’t think GoldenBird’s pieces are that bad from what I’ve seen. Personally I think his cuts are better than diamondrensu, although I’m not sure I’m willing to chance on either! :lol:
@sd_flp I’m done for now..and if I do get anything I’ll most likely go the AV route.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
@sd_flp I’m done for now..and if I do get anything I’ll most likely go the AV route.
I don’t blame you. I said this in an older post, but I feel if Tianyu goes above a certain price threshold, I would rather pay more and go with a North American manufacturer. Tianyu hasn’t gotten there yet but they are getting there. I guess I joined the Chinese vendor game too late.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don’t blame you. I said this in an older post, but I feel if Tianyu goes above a certain price threshold, I would rather pay more and go with a North American manufacturer. Tianyu hasn’t gotten there yet but they are getting there. I guess I joined the Chinese vendor game too late.
I agree..I paid over $700 for my ring and I know they were much less expensive six months ago.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
@sd_flp This isn’t really the place to put this but I didn’t know where to post it..I compared my GoldenBird OEC and the Tianyu OEC and I have to say although Tianyu’s is a better cut..I like the Goldenbird’s one better..maybe because of the color. It’s more vanilla like..and looks more like an old cut...It could really pass for a wonky OEC. I think you mentioned trying to decide on the color for your Tianyu moissy.but not sure if it was for an OEC. I would be curious to see what theirs looks like in their GH.

I got on their eBay page, as well as Etsy. I don't know why, but their eBay pricing seems way less expensive. Maybe because of fees? A 6.5mm near-colorless or "off-white" as the eBay listing says, is nearly double on Etsy after shipping. $33 vs $61. Do you think it's the same item? I absolutely adore your ring, but I don't want to end up with a way different stone.

Here are the links for the 2 I was comparing. Sorry to threadjack! If needed, I can move this convo over to the Golden Bird thread.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-50-mm-to...02:m:m6fJCVnIZQFtmJGMV22FO_w&var=492436282415

https://www.etsy.com/listing/575467...r-colorless-oec?ref=shop_home_active_64&bes=1

Side note: I really love the wonky elongated ACC he has in his Etsy store. Those prices are SUPER high though compared to the OEC's he offers.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock

Agreed! Their prices are getting out of control, and I'm kinda sad I didn't get in on the ground level too.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Agreed! Their prices are getting out of control, and I'm kinda sad I didn't get in on the ground level too.
It sucks because no offense to Tianyu, I don't think they're as good as August Vintage, LAD, or heck, even MoissaniteCo, as far as their moissanites are concerned. They're nice and I love my H&A I got back in January, but I don't see why I should pay so much for their moissys when I can get one domestically for much better quality.

I get that we should pay the best price for moissys until lab diamonds become more ubiquitous and cheaper, but how long do we have to wait until this happens? DeBeers is already playing games with their available stock (or lack thereof). Also, while I don't have a diamond to compare it with, my AV moissy is super nice and I am almost positive I won't replace it with a lab diamond, so it's not like I'm losing out by spending more on a high quality moissy.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
It sucks because no offense to Tianyu, I don't think they're as good as August Vintage, LAD, or heck, even MoissaniteCo, as far as their moissanites are concerned. They're nice and I love my H&A I got back in January, but I don't see why I should pay so much for their moissys when I can get one domestically for much better quality.

I get that we should pay the best price for moissys until lab diamonds become more ubiquitous and cheaper, but how long do we have to wait until this happens? DeBeers is already playing games with their available stock (or lack thereof). Also, while I don't have a diamond to compare it with, my AV moissy is super nice and I am almost positive I won't replace it with a lab diamond, so it's not like I'm losing out by spending more on a high quality moissy.

All of this! Their H&As are still relatively inexpensive, and MUCH less than MoCos new AGS 000 and August Vintage Ideal Rounds (also lesser quality, IMO, but a great alternative option. I plan on ordering them for my ring!) but their antique cuts are crazy high. If I went with a NA company and paid the high price tag, I’d probably never upgrade to lab diamonds. I’d love to get mine from AV, but I simply cannot afford it. :confused2:

Side note: Have you seen the new “Pierced” collection from Lightbox???!!!??! Who drills holes in diamonds??!?!?! They’re just doing their best to prove to the world that lab diamonds have zero value and are totally disposable. SMH. :roll

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got on their eBay page, as well as Etsy. I don't know why, but their eBay pricing seems way less expensive. Maybe because of fees? A 6.5mm near-colorless or "off-white" as the eBay listing says, is nearly double on Etsy after shipping. $33 vs $61. Do you think it's the same item? I absolutely adore your ring, but I don't want to end up with a way different stone.

Here are the links for the 2 I was comparing. Sorry to threadjack! If needed, I can move this convo over to the Golden Bird thread.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-50-mm-to...02:m:m6fJCVnIZQFtmJGMV22FO_w&var=492436282415

https://www.etsy.com/listing/575467...r-colorless-oec?ref=shop_home_active_64&bes=1

Side note: I really love the wonky elongated ACC he has in his Etsy store. Those prices are SUPER high though compared to the OEC's he offers.
@michellelynn9175 I went back to look at my receipt. I purchased the White OEC from GoldenBird on Etsy..not the Off White. The second one has strange petals and is very dark. It looks nothing like my OEC from him. If you need my to post a pic of mine I can do that so you don’t have to search for it.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
All of this! Their H&As are still relatively inexpensive, and MUCH less than MoCos new AGS 000 and August Vintage Ideal Rounds (also lesser quality, IMO, but a great alternative option. I plan on ordering them for my ring!) but their antique cuts are crazy high. If I went with a NA company and paid the high price tag, I’d probably never upgrade to lab diamonds. I’d love to get mine from AV, but I simply cannot afford it. :confused2:

Side note: Have you seen the new “Pierced” collection from Lightbox???!!!??! Who drills holes in diamonds??!?!?! They’re just doing their best to prove to the world that lab diamonds have zero value and are totally disposable. SMH. :roll
Yep, I did and I made a comment on how I was disappointed with DeBeers. It's disgusting.

I think Tianyu will always stay afloat and keep their prices high, even though NA companies are better; we can complain all we want here on PS, but they're still very popular on Reddit (which has a better internet presence than PS) and anyone who talks negatively about Tianyu gets downvoted. :roll2::lol:

As a side note, I can't wait for you to get your own ring!!! :kiss2:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
@michellelynn9175 I went back to look at my receipt. I purchased the White OEC from GoldenBird on Etsy..not the Off White. The second one has strange petals and is very dark. It looks nothing like my OEC from him. If you need my to post a pic of mine I can do that so you don’t have to search for it.

I agree the facet pattern is super weird. All the ads look different and I wonder if some of them aren’t his real photos. He doesn’t even offer a “white” or “colorless” option in an OEC on Etsy either loose or in the bezel ring like you got. Just a solitaire.

He does have a “white G-H color” on his eBay for $50 in a 6.5mm. From what I’ve seen about India Moissanite, it’s usually warmer than advertised. Sounds like this is the route I should go if I want comparable to yours.

And of course you should post more pics! We love pics! Lol

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I agree..I went with Tianyu mainly because I had a pair of Charles & Colvard princess cut studs and pendant. The cut was so weird and way off what a princess cut diamond looked like. The India Princess cuts were terrible. I tried one more time with Tianyu and I was blown away how nice they are cut. They look better than diamonds in my opinion. I decided to get an emerald cut ring but after seeing their Instagram videos with yellow milky emerald cuts I got nervous and exchanged it for an OEC in colorless. I wasn’t planning on getting an OEC from them but it was better than the milky emerald cut they were offering. In retrospect I should have ordered the GH for the OEC because it would look like an antique OEC but it is pretty. I went ahead and ordered the emerald cut moissy from AV but had David make a simple setting for it. It’s coming today!
Someone needs to get the pierced diamond necklace and make a prong that goes over the hole! I have to see how far in the hole is..

Last edited:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, I did and I made a comment on how I was disappointed with DeBeers. It's disgusting.

I think Tianyu will always stay afloat and keep their prices high, even though NA companies are better; we can complain all we want here on PS, but they're still very popular on Reddit (which has a better internet presence than PS) and anyone who talks negatively about Tianyu gets downvoted. :roll2::lol:

As a side note, I can't wait for you to get your own ring!!! :kiss2:

Haha! Yeah, they’ll continue to thrive I’m sure. And I look for SG’s prices to go up soon too.

You’re so sweet, thank you! Everyone on here is probably so sick of me talking about buying this or that and never getting anything. But the search is half the fun, right? At least that’s what I tell myself :lol: One of these days I’ll be in a better place financially and can get it on my lonely finger. :kiss2:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I agree..I went with Tianyu mainly because I had a pair of Charles & Colvard princess cut studs and pendant. The cut was so weird and way off what a princess cut diamond looked like. The India Princess cuts were terrible. I tried one more time with Tianyu and I was blown away how nice they aren’t cut. They look better than diamonds in my opinion. I decided to get an emerald cut ring but after seeing their Instagram videos with yellow milky emerald cuts I got nervous and exchanged it for an OEC in colorless. I wasn’t planning on getting an OEC from them but it was better than the milky emerald cut they were offering. In retrospect I should have ordered the GH for the OEC because it would look like an antique OEC but it is pretty. I went ahead and ordered the emerald cut moissy from AV but had David make a simple setting for it. It’s coming today!
Someone needs to get the pierced diamond necklace and make a prong that goes over the hole! I have to see how far in the hole is..

There’s another user (frogplus) that may do just that. There’s a whole thread on it. I’m curious if it can be covered too. I wonder if it would affect it structurally though?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree the facet pattern is super weird. All the ads look different and I wonder if some of them aren’t his real photos. He doesn’t even offer a “white” or “colorless” option in an OEC on Etsy either loose or in the bezel ring like you got. Just a solitaire.

He does have a “white G-H color” on his eBay for $50 in a 6.5mm. From what I’ve seen about India Moissanite, it’s usually warmer than advertised. Sounds like this is the route I should go if I want comparable to yours.

And of course you should post more pics! We love pics! Lol
This is Wonky after her trip to David Klass for her spa treatment and an uplift! :lol: He renamed her Miss Wow but she’ll always be Wonky to me..=)2
I said I was blown away how the princess cut studs weren’t cut well but meant to say they were cut well..I even posted the wrong pic!
Here you go! Not a great photo but you know I stink at taking pics..
EF58D814-3F6C-4051-9DE0-79F5FB38FA3D.jpeg

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha! Yeah, they’ll continue to thrive I’m sure. And I look for SG’s prices to go up soon too.

You’re so sweet, thank you! Everyone on here is probably so sick of me talking about buying this or that and never getting anything. But the search is half the fun, right? At least that’s what I tell myself :lol: One of these days I’ll be in a better place financially and can get it on my lonely finger. :kiss2:
Don’t even think that @michellelynn9175! That’s how you know what you like.. I did that for almost a full year so by the time I was ready I knew exactly what I wanted and no buyers remorse!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
This is Wonky after her trip to David Klass for her spa treatment and an uplift! :lol: He renamed her Miss Wow but she’ll always be Wonky to me..=)2
I said I was blown away how the princess cut studs weren’t cut well but meant to say they were cut well..I even posted the wrong pic!
Here you go! Not a great photo but you know I stink at taking pics..
EF58D814-3F6C-4051-9DE0-79F5FB38FA3D.jpeg

Well, I’d put a bezel out of my brain and was focusing on my 3 stone and *maybe* an elongated ACC solitaire. But now, thanks to you, I want a bezel again. :geek2: Every time I look at that gorgeous ring my heart goes pitter patter. I love it!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I’d put a bezel out of my brain and was focusing on my 3 stone and *maybe* an elongated ACC solitaire. But now, thanks to you, I want a bezel again. :geek2: Every time I look at that gorgeous ring my heart goes pitter patter. I love it!
Thank you! I never liked bezels until I joined PS and now I LOVE them..:lol:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

oh i hope starsgem doesn't go up more too....eek! it seemed from following this thread that tianyu's execution of custom settings improved over time and maybe they are right to take a price increase if they are flooded with business they can't handle but that's too bad for those of us who waited. I wonder if they think it's odd that all these folks are putting their moissanite in white gold and platinum when their off the shelf are more fashion jewelry.

also the pierced diamond from lightbox....i've seen pierced pendants before but usually small stones. i guess they think they are smart keeping people from resetting them but someone's going to satisfy the demand for lab diamond rings eventually if they don't.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results