shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone had any experience with a moissanite falling out of any of Tianyu's rings. I got married a few weeks ago, and literally the day after my wedding, noticed a stone missing from the wedding band that was definitely there the night before.

20190313_095434.jpg
20190313_095725.jpg
I would let Tianyu know that a stone fell off. Next I would take both rings to a local jeweler so they can see if all the other stones are secure. Sorry to see this; I hope Tianyu will meet halfway. :(2

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Got a photo of my ring today. All in all, I am pleased. I knew Tianyu wouldn't be able to achieve a perfect replica of my inspiration (an antique), but for what it is and what it cost, I think it hits its mark. Just checking to make sure the side stones are shared prong and not channel. I assume they are but I can't totally tell from the photo. I'm traveling next Thursday and was hoping to have the ring by then. Still holding out hope they might be able to get it here in time. the ring  (2).jpg the ring  (3).jpg

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Got a photo of my ring today. All in all, I am pleased. I knew Tianyu wouldn't be able to achieve a perfect replica of my inspiration (an antique), but for what it is and what it cost, I think it hits its mark. Just checking to make sure the side stones are shared prong and not channel. I assume they are but I can't totally tell from the photo. I'm traveling next Thursday and was hoping to have the ring by then. Still holding out hope they might be able to get it here in time. the ring  (2).jpg the ring  (3).jpg

I think it looks great! The sidestones do look channel set to me but it’s hard to tell. And is this yours on IG? https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu-kR7ZHRWP/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=aivpfx6jlgw5

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your stone and ring are gorgeous! I think your side stones look channel set. I would ask her before they ship it.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I asked Ella to confirm about the side stones. I went back and looked at the CADs, and I can't really tell from those, either. I probably should have confirmed at that point, but it didn't even occur to me that they would make them channel set because the ring in the inspiration photos obviously (in my opinion, anyway) has prongs. In any case, I hope they are able to make it shared prong if it isn't already. I doesn't look bad, but I don't really feel that channel set fits with the style of the ring.
Your stone and ring are gorgeous! I think your side stones look channel set. I would ask her before they ship it.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I asked Ella to confirm about the side stones. I went back and looked at the CADs, and I can't really tell from those, either. I probably should have confirmed at that point, but it didn't even occur to me that they would make them channel set because the ring in the inspiration photos obviously (in my opinion, anyway) has prongs. In any case, I hope they are able to make it shared prong if it isn't already. I doesn't look bad, but I don't really feel that channel set fits with the style of the ring.
It can’t hurt to ask her..FWIW I think it is a beautiful design but you have to love it

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
It turns out the side stones are channel set, "same as the CAD" as Ella put it. I approved the CAD, so it's my fault for not noticing, and even if the side stones had prongs, it probably wouldn't look much different, so I'll probably just go with it. She sent me a couple more photos, and I think it looks fine. Perhaps I will like it even more in person, or if not there's always LT!
7ba246292924527b7dac081b774ec82.jpg 13a2a15e5fd7a438634743252db119b.jpg

Last edited:

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It turns out the side stones are channel set, "same as the CAD" as Ella put it. I approved the CAD, so it's my fault for not noticing, and even if the side stones had prongs, it probably wouldn't look much different, so I'll probably just go with it. She sent me a couple more photos, and I think it looks fine. Perhaps I will like it even more in person, or if not there's always LT!
7ba246292924527b7dac081b774ec82.jpg 13a2a15e5fd7a438634743252db119b.jpg

It’s still beautiful! But I actually love channel set so I’m biased. ;-) Hope you are happy with it when it arrives!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just saw that Tianyu opened an Etsy store! See here:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Tianyugems?ref=l2-shop-info-avatar&listing_id=690480295

A good option for anyone who hates Alibaba, haha. :lol-2:

Edit: just saw that it’s mostly their silver line. Anyway, it’s still nice to have. Maybe they'll consider adding their more expensive products later down the line.
I always order through email with Ella and use my Paypal..but I would like being able to purchase a stone and have a setting temporarily. I ideally would hope they sell loose stones.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I always order through email with Ella and use my Paypal..but I would like being able to purchase a stone and have a setting temporarily. I ideally would hope they sell loose stones.
I agree, I’d also like them to consider listing their loose stones on Etsy. I am sure they would get much more “foot” traffic as many people don’t like Alibaba and trust Etsy more.

One thing I don’t like about their listings is that they don’t indicate what color grade these stones are. Unless I missed it. I just know that the majority of their silver line are low color grades, most are JKL. I think there are only a couple GH colors and none are DEF. It’s fine for people who like warmth or aren’t color sensitive but for those who want colorless stones, they might be disappointed.

I’m going to follow their Etsy page in the meantime. I just saw they made a sale!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, I’d also like them to consider listing their loose stones on Etsy. I am sure they would get much more “foot” traffic as many people don’t like Alibaba and trust Etsy more.

One thing I don’t like about their listings is that they don’t indicate what color grade these stones are. Unless I missed it. I just know that the majority of their silver line are low color grades, most are JKL. I think there are only a couple GH colors and none are DEF. It’s fine for people who like warmth or aren’t color sensitive but for those who want colorless stones, they might be disappointed.

I’m going to follow their Etsy page in the meantime. I just saw they made a sale!
Good point! I didn’t notice that @sd_flp...

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
What I hate is the shipping being so high! I think it’s a mental thing, but if they'd just incorporate that into the price and offer free shipping, I’d feel much better :lol:

Hopefully they’ll expand their line on Etsy to offer stock gold settings and loose stones. It would be a much more pleasurable shopping experience IMO.

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
What I hate is the shipping being so high! I think it’s a mental thing, but if they'd just incorporate that into the price and offer free shipping, I’d feel much better :lol:

Hopefully they’ll expand their line on Etsy to offer stock gold settings and loose stones. It would be a much more pleasurable shopping experience IMO.

I was justvthijust the same thing! They'd be better off incorporating the shipping cost.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it was an OEC, I would jump on it asap. :shock: I've been wanting a warm OEC 8-)
I have an oec ring coming from them in colorless. I am color sensitive so think it will have some body color so be perfect for me because they should be a little warm. Ella just shipped it with my princess earrings which I have been waiting forever for! :appl:

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I have an oec ring coming from them in colorless. I am color sensitive so think it will have some body color so be perfect for me because they should be a little warm. Ella just shipped it with my princess earrings which I have been waiting forever for! :appl:
I'm actually excited to see how you like your OEC and princess earrings! :love: When are they arriving? Ever since I got the OEC from Mona I've been wanting a larger one; I kick myself for getting such a small one. I think the larger facets would do better in larger sizes. :(2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm actually excited to see how you like your OEC and princess earrings! :love: When are they arriving? Ever since I got the OEC from Mona I've been wanting a larger one; I kick myself for getting such a small one. I think the larger facets would do better in larger sizes. :(2
I’m getting them both on Monday! I ordered a 8.5mm..:P2

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I think I will be. Ella said they would ship it yesterday, so hopefully barring any more shipping snafus, it will be here soon! Miraculously, the shipping issue with my Provence package got cleared up, and it’s supposed to arrive today. I will post in the other thread when it gets here.
It’s still beautiful! But I actually love channel set so I’m biased. ;-) Hope you are happy with it when it arrives!

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I ordered two items a week apart from each other and just checked in them. Apparently, she is waiting for the other to be out of production before shipping. But, since paid for each item to be shipped shouldn’t they ship out when it is ready. Is it too complicated to ask for them to be sent separately or refund one shipping fee?

She also didn’t send video and pics, I requested them again.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Oh no, what a pain! Who are you working with? Ella was very obliging with videos and pics as soon as my ring was done. Personally, I do not think it's too much to ask that the items be shipped separately or one of the fees be refunded. It doesn't seem fair for you to have to pay separately and then also wait for both to be done before you get either one.
I ordered two items a week apart from each other and just checked in them. Apparently, she is waiting for the other to be out of production before shipping. But, since paid for each item to be shipped shouldn’t they ship out when it is ready. Is it too complicated to ask for them to be sent separately or refund one shipping fee?

She also didn’t send video and pics, I requested them again.

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh no, what a pain! Who are you working with? Ella was very obliging with videos and pics as soon as my ring was done. Personally, I do not think it's too much to ask that the items be shipped separately or one of the fees be refunded. It doesn't seem fair for you to have to pay separately and then also wait for both to be done before you get either one.
Thanks. After I emailed requesting pics and video, she sent it immediately. Ok, I will ask about the shipping. Thanks for the reassurance.

Update: After above email she realized that I paid each shipping separately and now my first order will be sent out today. Great customer service! I was working with Emily.

Last edited:

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Excellent, glad it all got sorted out!
Thanks. After I emailed requesting pics and video, she sent it immediately. Ok, I will ask about the shipping. Thanks for the reassurance.

Update: After above email she realized that I paid each shipping separately and now my first order will be sent out today. Great customer service! I was working with Emily.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Can anyone remind me about how long it takes for a shipment from Tianyu to get to the US, and if a signature is required? My ring is en route, but I’m going out of town in a few days. My brother is house/dog-sitting and I want to make sure to give him a heads up if he might need to sign for it.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Can anyone remind me about how long it takes for a shipment from Tianyu to get to the US, and if a signature is required? My ring is en route, but I’m going out of town in a few days. My brother is house/dog-sitting and I want to make sure to give him a heads up if he might need to sign for it.
It takes a couple days (took me 3 days) and yes, for DHL there is a signature requirement. =)2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m sitting at home now waiting for my princess earrings and OEC ring! :appl: Ella mailed it on Friday and I’m getting it today..Monday..It is signature required through DHL..You can sign up for alerts so you can see the progress..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results