shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying a stone for my girl

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my, not fun!
40.gif
Sounds like you caught a break though. I can''t wait to hear what you think of it!
5.gif

RevChris

Rough_Rock
Alright , so here are the links to some pics , I am very very bad at taking pictures of this thing and these were the best of about 20 shots.

I am very very happy with the color and general cleanliness of the stone as well as the size! It sparkles and shines and looks very very nice.
I think I can see the feather with the naked eye when I look at the stone from one of the sides, I couldn''t get it to show up in a picture and it might not actually be there since I really have to look and twist and it might just be a reflection of something that is around, not sure really.

SO here goes
Gal

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty ring. Gotta love those classic diamond solitaires!!! Well done!
36.gif

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Nice arrows, nice fire! Well done -- can''t wait to hear her reaction!

RevChris

Rough_Rock
thanks for the compliments, its kind of interesting to see it in the moments after the camera flash with all the sparkles everywhere and the white gold looking like gold gold!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2009 7:29:25 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 5/2/2009 10:56:04 PM
Author: RevChris
I think I may have found something close to what you recommend Whitby.

GIA Report

IdealScope

Sarin
Aset

For $2331.00

Do I have the right idea?Pic
This stone looks fantastic! Many stones in the ES just miss being branded, for rather picky reasons. It may well be something you can''t see in real life. It''s certainly no reason to dismiss it.

The other I SI1 at BN looks fine, if eyeclean. I know whitby has mentioned they are gaurateed eyeclean,. but in the 3+ years I''ve been on here, there have been several times they weren''t. If you don''t mind sending it back if it''s not, then it may be a consideration also.
Ditto Ellen.
1.gif

micmac

Rough_Rock
It looks amazing!

BTW - I am so jealous about your amazing score on the taxes. Whitefash will be shipping out my stone next week and I''m terrified at what the bill will be. I know technically what they should charge (13%), but have a fear that it will be more. Hoping for a break like yours! Congrats again on the great ring.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Looks good, Rev. I''m sure she is going to be very happy.

Just FYI, you need to post the actual images as attachments. Linking to outside image hosting sites is against policy and the links will get pulled by the mods.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful!
36.gif
Love the setting, it let's the stone be the star.
face23.gif

And jet is right, your links will most likely be removed.

RevChris

Rough_Rock
She said Yes,
turns out I couldn''t have put together a better ring. She says it was exactly how she always wanted it, simple and not so big it looked like jewlery from a quarter machine and not so small anyone could mistake it for a different kind of ring.
She was so so happy with the size of the stone and setting. And couldn''t beleive how clean , bright and shiney the ring is.
Thanks for all the help, I will try and get some proper pics up of it on her finger sometime soon.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement. You did a great job on the ring, it''s beautiful
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2009 10:35:27 AM
She said Yes,
turns out I couldn''t have put together a better ring. She says it was exactly how she always wanted it, simple and not so big it looked like jewlery from a quarter machine and not so small anyone could mistake it for a different kind of ring.
She was so so happy with the size of the stone and setting. And couldn''t beleive how clean , bright and shiney the ring is.
Thanks for all the help, I will try and get some proper pics up of it on her finger sometime soon.
woohoo.gif
Sounds like you hit a homerun! Congratulations Rev.
36.gif

And it was our pleasure, really.
2.gif

RevChris

Rough_Rock
Hey,

Here is the last pic of this ring I will probably post. The one on her finger that I promised.
A little more reporting on this wonderful ring. When she is driving in the car the ring reflects/disperses little light spots all around the car when the sun hits it, very nice and very hard to keep your eye off it in the sun/indoors/outdoors everywhere it looks great!

Thanks again for all the help from both of us!
36.gif

girlsring.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
congratulations chris -

great choice and it looks wonderful on her hand.

wishing you all the happiness in the world in the coming years :)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2009 7:41:14 PM
Hey,

Here is the last pic of this ring I will probably post. The one on her finger that I promised.
A little more reporting on this wonderful ring. When she is driving in the car the ring reflects/disperses little light spots all around the car when the sun hits it, very nice and very hard to keep your eye off it in the sun/indoors/outdoors everywhere it looks great!

Thanks again for all the help from both of us!
36.gif
Excellent! It sounds like it''s doing just what it''s supposed to.
9.gif
36.gif

It looks really beautiful Rev, and absolutely perfect on her hand. My sincere congratulations to you both!

And it was a pleasure helping. This is the main reason we keep doing it, happy endings!
face23.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful story and the ring looks just perfect on her hand. I love how she judges size, not so small it''s mistaken for a different kind of ring!! LOL She wants everyone to know that she''s engaged!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results