shape
carat
color
clarity

Burned by Enchated.. Maybe for the better? Need a new diamond!

Mkl91

Rough_Rock
Got burned by Enchanted Diamonds but luckily got my money back (paid via cc). Even though it was a stressful experience, I think I dodged a bullet by not getting the diamond from there (didn't research here before). Now I'm back on the hunt and focusing on the best bang for buck (best performing) diamond. Here are the specs that I'm looking for:

Budget- $20K give or take $5K
Carat- 1.5+ (ring size 5)
Color- G+
Clarity- VVS2+? (lot of differing opinions on this one, most HP and White Flash are VS1+)

Not too concerned with other factors as long as it will put all other diamonds to shame. Please give me a better experience than I had with ED! Look forward to all suggestions!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You absolutely don't need VVS clarity. There are lots on Whiteflash and HPD that are eye clean SI1 and amazing. Vs2 and up should be totally safe, and hpd guarantees all their stones to be eye clean.

On WF you can see whether a given stone is marked as eye clean or not.

So overall don't worry about the clarity because all these vendors are so transparent and trustworthy. If they say it's eye clean, I trust them. Obviously make sure you know and agree with their definition of eye clean, but overall Vs2 and up is almost always eye clean, and many SI1s are eye clean as well.

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on being one of the lucky ones and getting out of your Enchanted Diamonds experience with your money back! I really feel for those who wired money to them.
If you go with Whiteflash or HPD, you will be dealing with trustworthy vendors. I’ve wired money to both and have had zero issues.
I like the stones that lovedogs and dancing fire have linked. I’ve seen an H CBI in person and it was very white. Here’s one I like but it’s slightly over budget.

https://www.hpdiamonds.com/en-us/diamonddetail/HPD9589

HPD may be able to send several stones to an appraiser in your area for you to view. They did that for me so I was able to evaluate color tolerance for myself. I found it really helpful. If you’re interested in this, just contact them. They are very helpful.
In my case, I needed to have a stone custom cut, as they had no stones in the size I was looking for. I asked them to look for crystals in the G-H range. I ended up with a G because it was the first crystal they found and it was clear. I paid for VS2 clarity but it was graded VS1 by AGS, so a free upgrade for me!
Best of luck to you in your search!

AV_

Ideal_Rock

Wildcard WWW

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
So glad you got your money back via your cc transaction!! I love that you are here, asking for help. These people will not misguide you!! Excited to see which diamond you decide on. I have a VS2 snd it is so pretty and clean. Please let us know what you decide!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results