shape
carat
color
clarity

BROOCHES & Pins. Why Don't We Wear Them?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My two recent additions and they are not butterflies or dragonflies!! :lol:

IMG_6715[1].jpg

IMG_6831.jpg

IMG_6854.jpg

You don’t disappoint! Not butterflies or dragonflies but every bit as precious, darling and gorgeous ❤️

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @caf !

@Catmom love your new additions! So cute.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You don’t disappoint! Not butterflies or dragonflies but every bit as precious, darling and gorgeous ❤

Thanks missy!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RayRay posted a link in another Hangout thread (the Megxit thread) that I followed. Since I had been following this thread as well, I thought I would share this snippet from senior sales director Omar Vaja of Bentley & Skinner here.

"The royal-inspired trend Vaja is most excited about? Surprisingly, it's the brooch, which is currently enjoying a comeback among younger women.

'People are more interested in the brooch," he says. "The queen wears quite a lot of brooches. There's a good trend now of younger people wearing brooches. And it's great, you know, it's so lovely seeing a blazer and a nice brooch. And this is a time when you can wear diamonds during the day, when it's in a brooch, and that's not considered vulgar—whereas drop earrings or a huge bracelet would be'."

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m glad to see the brooch making a comeback, but strongly disagree with ‘drop earrings or a huge bracelet would be‘ vulgar during the daytime.

Indeed. Fashions change. Many of us now wear our diamonds before dark. One need only peruse the Pricescope threads on what jewelry different women happen to have on during a given day to see that we tend to wear our diamonds in many ways during the daytime.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @AGBF, @JPie
I rarely see other women wearing pins. I always have one on my coat or jacket. In warm weather, I wear the lighter ones on summer shirts.
I would love to see a brooch trend hit the streets, not just the runway.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stracci, I was off-line all day today so I missed seeing the Wedgwood until tonight. I love it!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
stracci, I was off-line all day today so I missed seeing the Wedgwood until tonight. I love it!

Thanks @AGBF !
I get compliments on them, but often have to explain what they are!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don't disappear into everyone else, aka style.

Ignore "style" and wear whatever you like.
Fantastic advice and never truer words spoken

Contrary to that note blokes are wearing brooches now Kenny, think you would wear one
Ive always liked tie pins and cufflinks and lapel pins

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My newest addition...…..Vintage 14kt Art Nouveau style opal pin/pendant.

IMG_7033.jpg

IMG_7035.jpg

IMG_7040.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear God. I have no words for this.:kiss2:
Ok- now I have a word---unreal!

Aww thanks stracci2000! As soon as I saw it I was like yep, that baby is mine, lol.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG @JPie , That is beautiful, just stunning!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@JPie That is really just a stunning pin. I wish there was a way you could convert that into a cuff or bracelet where you could look at it all the time.

I have a thing for brooches. I am always looking at them on Lang's site. I still miss the bow that I passed up on, and it was gone in no time. So sad.

I think this would make a gorgeous hair clip. But I would never wear it...

Last edited:

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
My two recent additions and they are not butterflies or dragonflies!! :lol:

IMG_6715[1].jpg

IMG_6831.jpg

IMG_6854.jpg

I’m one of the daily brooch wearers. I work in a formal office environment and I always have a brooch on my jacket or work dress. I think I’m the only person in my company who does and people always remark on it, it’s become something of a trademark of mine.

I would give my eye teeth for that little lizard. He is so so cute. The way he looks like he has just been startled by something. Absolutely amazing workmanship. Did you find these or commission them?

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG @JPie , That is beautiful, just stunning!!!
Thank you!

@JPie That is really just a stunning pin. I wish there was a way you could convert that into a cuff or bracelet where you could look at it all the time.

I have a thing for brooches. I am always looking at them on Lang's site. I still miss the bow that I passed up on, and it was gone in no time. So sad.

I think this would make a gorgeous hair clip. But I would never wear it...
Thanks! I would be scared to wear it as a bracelet. It’s well-made but the fact that the feather is formed from multiple segments that move make me nervous about snagging it on something and breaking it.

Do you have a pic of the one that hit away?

That Art Deco brooch would make one fancy hair clip!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!

Thanks! I would be scared to wear it as a bracelet. It’s well-made but the fact that the feather is formed from multiple segments that move make me nervous about snagging it on something and breaking it.

Do you have a pic of the one that hit away?

That Art Deco brooch would make one fancy hair clip!

I forgot that it moves. Yes. It would be a shame to make it stationary.
Here is a pic. I loved that it was small.
97DE16DA-0151-44EE-89C6-931B9FAC6E7B.jpeg

56530172-F238-4CB2-A66C-FC7674E444C2.jpeg

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
Don't disappear into everyone else, aka style.

Ignore "style" and wear whatever you like.

Well said Kenny.My thoughts exactly

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results