shape
carat
color
clarity

Britney''s e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 7/9/2004 8:02:31 AM Giangi wrote:

She paid $400,000 for the ring, not $40,000, and yes, it looks beautiful.

I have to admit that I am a fan of her (ok don't shoot me
9.gif
), and I don't really understand why everyone is making such a big deal about her private life. It's her private life, .....
BTW, I went to her concert in Milan and it was absolutely fantastic!
2.gif

----------------

Sure, it’s her “private” life, but we can comment on it. She can sell us crappy records and make commercial goods more expensive because she sponsors them, but at the same time we have the right to discuss it. Besides, we she does things in her “private” life to gain public attention, is it still her private life?

That and no offence, but how can someone’s concert be fantastic when she lip-syncs all of her music. What’s the point of a concert like that?

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
It seems that many actresses are attracted to non-celebrity men, and if you love the man and have the money, I say buy whatever ring you want for yourself. I might have chipped $ in to get a bigger diamond if we hadn't had an heirloom diamond. 5 1/2 years is long enough to wait, but that doesn't mean I wanted a diamond chip for my engagement ring.

Anyway, the sleazy/sad part of the story is this guy's pregnant girlfriend. Remember when Jerry Seinfeld met his wife on her honeymoon with another guy? There are just some places you shouldn't go, even if you're a great celebrity and have found the love of your life. This is even worse than stealing somebody else's wife on the honeymoon because it involves children. Even if this is about true love, they should have at least waited until after the birth. She's only 22 for goodness' sake. There's no rush.

She's young, has lived a crazy life, and probably doesn't have much of a moral compass or sense of what's good for her (otherwise she would see how ridiculous this looks and how unlikely it is to last). That is sad. Someday this will be the rising action of a tv movie about her.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Certainly it's her private life and she'll do whatever she wants. All of us are like that with our choices in life. The difference with Britney is that she puts out press releases about her private life and she gives public interviews, so in doing that she's inviting public scrutiny. While she is no doubt a lovely young woman, I personally think she's only marginally talented at best. She's alienated her pre-teen and teen audiences with her new slutty persona and isn't talented enough to captivate her adult audiences. She's a falling star. So, any press, even bad press is better than being ignored. It keeps you in the headlines and there are always people who remain loyal record buying fans. That's exactly what she wants.

Hopefully she'll listen to her mother about the pre-nuptual agreement. She gives "Oops, I Did It Again" a whole new meaning.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Interesting ring.
4.gif

In some senses, I really feel for celebrities and other famous people. They hardly have a private life. Photographers peer over fences and thru holes to get a pic while they sun bathe. So many have secret or armed encampment weddings. The "Who's Who" list of celebs riding shuttle buses to an undisclosed location for the Pitt/Aniston wedding comes to mind. The tabloids photoshop pics to make it look like 2 people were together when they weren't. Who really knows what goes on in other people's lives except the people directly involved in the situation.
rolleyes.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I agree that I am a bit disturbed with myself for even caring about what Britney Spears does enough to comment here on the forum...that being said, she makes her gazillions off of the public and manipulating us to pay attention to her. So I feel there is nothing wrong with our harmless debate on her character (or lack thereof). No one iss aying she should be burned at the stake (yet)
2.gif

Sorry of the the truth hurts, Britney... If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitcnen.
2.gif

eyesoftexas

Shiny_Rock
Wrong, her ring actually cost $38K NOT $400K and this was from the newspaper (SF Chronicle) so I have heard this from two different sources..
Here is the text...
Photographed Showing Off Engagement Ring. Britney Spears was photographed showing off her engagement ring as she emptied ... back to Los Angeles at a cost of $38,660 ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results