shape
carat
color
clarity

Britney''s e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

foundnemo

Shiny_Rock
Reported to be 5 carats! Wonder where it''s from?

britney.jpg

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Her wedding planner is reported to have brought her a selection of about a dozen engagement rings, and she selected that particular style. The center stone is indeed 5cts!
9.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Did she buy it for herself? The fiance has 2 kids with another woman to support and he isn't raking in Timberlake dollars...
rolleyes.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
She must have.

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Funny, she really didn't need to get engaged just to buy herself a diamond ring!! At least DeBeers doesn't think so!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
No...US Weekly reported that he bought her the ring with some sort of 'expense fund' that SHE pays him. Expense fund for what? He must be on her payroll, though it didn't say anything else...hmmm.

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
It is a lovely ring, although looks like it might be difficult to find a wedding band to wear wth it. It looks like it should be a right hand ring.

Hmmmm, methinks she is on her way to being a J.Lo wannabe, right down to first husband being total unknown, second one being one of her back-up dancers. Next she'll be dating 50cent, then Orlando Bloom, then back to marry Justin Timberlake. At least with those maybe they'll buy the rings for her themselves.

kkeen15

Shiny_Rock
Did anybody else read that she is pregnant? I read on MSN last week that she was, but now it has a quote from her saying that she isn't...

Its just a ridiculous situation that she's in. What kind of man leaves his pregnant wife like that????? I know, I know...a man who Britney Spears is letting in her pants. But still...

PuddyKat

Rough_Rock
Mara,

Maybe it's expenses for err....services rendered?
6.gif
naughty.gif
9.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Uh, can anyone say "ho" as we like to say in the NYC area...

Male or female...when you're payin' for it, one way or the other, it is what it is.

She really went down the tubes if you ask me. I'm sure they are rationalizing it under the guise of "true love" but the entire thing is disgraceful, as kkeen points out. The use of the word "ridiculous" is just so appropriate...
rolleyes.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I think she's trying to be like Jessica Simpson.

I wonder where I can get an "expense account" like that. MMMMMM

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I'm rather fond of that double band look, though I would much rather have my fiance give me a plastic ring from a gumball machine than some honker that *I* paid for!

Well, at least it sets up who the boss is early in the relationship.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could someone please explain.... how could this model proliferate so fast!

Look here: LINK and here LINK
6.gif

The last time when I saw a split shank in a well-known collection was sumer of '99! Are these commonplace already !?

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Not that I'm a huge fan of Jessica Simpson's but at least she 1. Married a man that she'd dated over 6 months
2. Waited until she was married to have sex with him (you go girl, I certainly can't say that I didn't take my man for a test drive first
2.gif
)
3. Can sing in concert live without lip sync and can carry a tune.

Britney can try but she'll never have the class of Jessica. I like Jessica's engagement ring better too and her man had his own money to buy it with.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I think they could have had enough respect & class to wait to be engaged until his "other" girlfriend gave birth to his child...

I read one article where the "pregnant girl" spoke very harshly about his & Britney's relationship and how he told her he was going to do some commercial. Then she saw pictures of him with Britney in the magazines...

Now just a few weeks later, she's saying she's just fine the whole situation! Betcha she got some of his "expense fund" as well....enough to make her be nice!

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Nice? Man, I can't even begin to be nice about the appauling, inappropriate, discusting behavior these pigs exhibit these days. Absolutely no bit of concern over anyone elses feelings but thier own. Including bringing innocent children into this world only to be treated like yesterday's garbage.

There, I feel a whole lot better now. Thanks for listening.
11.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Icelady, I couldn't have said it better myself... And thanks for having the guts to say it. God forbid you criticize someone who isn't fit for bringing children into the world...I know it's our right in a free society to have as many children as we want but when there is no consideration given to the child's welfare, the children suffer, and ultimately society, when we all deal with the fallout.
rolleyes.gif

I wonder how this guy's two kids are going to feel when they are old enough to realize what happened (by then, Britney will be on husband # 8)

kkeen15

Shiny_Rock
I can't imagine that Britney and her latest fling are living in reality. What do you think they're on? Either the guy is mentally challenged (please, no offense meant to actual mentally challenged) or he's taking some serious recreational drugs. There's no doubt in my mind. How else could a person do that to their children? Everyone I've known who's treated their children like trash has had a mental problem or been on drugs.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
some people just have no concept of what it's like to be responsible for children. obviously the mother is the responsible parent here...she is the one raising the children. he visits and obviously that is the extent of what he feels is necessary for male parenting.

bottom line, the guy is a sleaze. he has one child with one gal, she's pregnant with kid #2, he lies to her and tell her he was traveling for work and she sees pictures of him with B? classless! he seems very caught up in the B lifestyle, obviously she is his sugar mama! this definitely will not last and I think that they are both being very foolish. she is way too young and out of control to have what it takes for marriage, if they are SO in love why don't they just date for a while and figure things out like normal people do? also doesn't her mother have any control over her? This girl is out of her league!

foundnemo

Shiny_Rock
While I agree that Britney's fiance seem to be too irresponsible to be having children and probably a scumbag for the way he treated his ex-wife, I don't think his behaviors mean that his children are treated "like trash", at least I hope not.

Also, I don't think there's anything wrong with women buying their own e-rings if they have the $$$ and their fiance didn't. Married couples will be sharing everything after the wedding anyway, right? (Barring any prenups...)

slyons29

Rough_Rock
I work in the entertainment industry and I can tell you, for sure, that she is in serious trouble. I am not a fan of hers (and did any of us really need to see her make out with Madonna?), but she's been the bread winner supporting her whole family and a TON of other people since she was a young teenager and the gravy train is hard to stop. Let's just say that the people who surround her right now do not have that girl's best interest at heart and they have a variety of resources and means to make sure she keeps performing and making them money (when not injured). Remember that to make money she must stay in the public eye regardless of the positive/negative effects.

As for him, YUCK. At least have the decency to tell your pregnant girlfriend you've moved on. And really, he didn't marry this girl after she had his first child, why would anyone think he would with a second on the way?

That said, I do dig the ring
9.gif
. I don't post here often, but just had to vent about this one.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
"We live in a graceless age."

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree that she may be trying to emulate a more successful peer..the other thing is that after her quickie marriage and annulment to that other guy, she was spotted wearing a wedding ring on her finger for weeks afterwards..and alot of speculation in the tabloids ensued about WHY.

I almost feel as though she just likes the romance that is going on and the *iidea* of being married appeals to her. If she is trying to emulate someone like a Jessica Simpson, whose life with her husband who adores her is splashed all over the television, she may be thinking that she can have something like that too. Who really knows!

It's unfortunate that her family does not have her best interests at heart as slyons noted, as she is still a kid really...and needs some sort of parental or adult guidance in what roads NOT to travel! I hate to see the TV comparisons on her in the past vs now, she looked healthier, wholesome and in better shape when she first came out. She's too young to look as dissolute as some of the more recent pictures show her, and this absolute loser of a fiance is not going to help her improve her image if he does stay in her life. Very sad!!

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
Although I hate her records. I actually feel a little bad for Britney, because she's been used by many people. She really doesn't know what she wants and she hasn't had any good parents or mentors to guide her. One week she kisses Madonna, then she is going to Televangelists service, the next she's going to Kabbalah, the next she is getting married in Vegas, then she goes slutty in her shows, and now she is engaged to some dodgy dancer.

She's on the decline, knows it, but really doesn't know what to do about it. She lipsyncs her shows, she's gone slutty, probably on the advice of some marketing exec who wants to make a quick buck off of her. The problem is that she's always been a tool of some record company and she doesn't really have desernable talent. I think she will crash pretty soon and just hope she hasn't blown all of her money beforehand.

I forsee a VH1 Behind the Music on Britney in about 5 years.

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
As if I didn't think she was already a sad case...
This is an article I read today online:

Britney Just Says No to Prenup
You know what makes us sad? When a celebrity becomes so pitiable that we feel guilty being snarky. That's no fun for us, and it's no fun for you. Still, we'd be remiss if we didn't bring you the latest bad decision by Britney Spears, whose dizzying downward spiral may soon require Dramamine. According to the Star (via the New York Post), the pop tartlet, 22, has decided her love for dancer Kevin Federline (and by "dancer," we mean "guy whose beach physique suggests he's been hoofing it to the fridge") is so pure, they don't need no stinkin' prenup.

Given Britney's marital track record, that means a good chunk of her estimated $100 million fortune could one day end up in the pockets of her future hubby's uber-baggy pants -- plenty of dough to keep him in trucker hats and Slim Jims for life. The mag claims Spears' parents have implored her to reconsider her decision, but their pleas have so far fallen on deaf ears. "This is my life, let me live it," Britney reportedly screamed at her mother, Lynne.

The singer, purportedly still recovering from knee surgery, is said to have shelled out $40,000 for the 5-carat engagement ring she shows off in People. As she tells the magazine, "I wake up in the morning, look at that ring and think, 'Very cool.'" In Touch believes the nuptials could take place as early as next month, with Spears leaning towards a traditional white wedding. Insert snark here.

---
Come on girl! At least do one thing in this J-lo inspired quickie wedding right! Get a prenup! Let's hope that this is just a rumor and she's smarter than this...but I'm not giving her the benefit of the doubt.
errrr.gif

*sigh*

eyesoftexas

Shiny_Rock
I was just watching some Hollywood reporter TV show and they said Brittany's ring cost $40,000 and she loaned the money to the Hubby to buy. First of ALL, $40k FOR A 5 CT DIAMOND?? Must be a very crappy cut or and SI2/I1 clarity (I am speculating of course). Second of all, she bought her own ring....... enough said on that one. The guy is a mouch who just hit the slot machine to the tune of $50 Million (1/2 her estate) when she dumps him.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
She's a total head case.
14.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread is disturbing
eek.gif

Why would be so wrong to wear a large ring if one so whishes? Obviously this does not seem to go against the habits of sucessful artists...

By no means a diamond should be "crappy" at 10k/ct - actually I could think of many possibilities for a charming piece prone to impulse buying like this. Even doing a load of "homework" I see no way to discount the option, blessed be
read.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Valeria,

I am not sure what you are finding so "disturbing". In reading all of these posts, I can find no one that has a problem with Brittney donning a large diamond ring. The problem stems from what it represents. It is an engagement ring that she purchased for herself and represents and engagement with someone who is expecting a child with a girlfriend (2nd child). The situation has the appearance of being very insincere on his behalf, and probably hers.

As for the price of the diamond, maybe there are some good options for 5 carat diamonds, however, if you look up diamonds on PS in that size range, there is not even any SI1s that are under 50K. I was certainly shocked to here that she reportedly paid only 40K for it. I don't think you can dispute that under 10K per carat for a large stone of 5 carats is extremely low and leads one to believe that this is not the best quality stone.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
She paid $400,000 for the ring, not $40,000, and yes, it looks beautiful.

I have to admit that I am a fan of her (ok don't shoot me
9.gif
), and I don't really understand why everyone is making such a big deal about her private life. It's her private life, and it should be as such! Sure, she's acting very naively, and I don't agree with her perspective, but it's her life and we should let her live it. She's grown too quickly, and, IMO, making some mistakes will help her realize how life really is. I think she's in love with the concept of love, not really with that guy. That said, only time will tell & I pray for the best for her and Kevin.
1.gif

BTW, I went to her concert in Milan and it was absolutely fantastic!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results