shape
carat
color
clarity

Brian Gavin Dream Eternity - and Sales?

KLE

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! Do you mind sharing how big the diamonds in your eternity band are? I'm about to have my eternity band made and yours looks proportionally perfect with your e-ring. (We have similar sized CBI solitaires and I'm going for the same kind of wedding band. THX!
They are .05 ct each, I guess called “5 pointers” about 2.5mm wide. Hope that helps!

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! Do you stack your eternity with another ring? If so, do you use a spacer? Wondering if that's something I should get.

Yes, if I wear it with my engagement ring I wear a plain spacer band because the diamond girdles wear into the prongs on my ER. I asked BGD about making a small spacer band like 1mm or 1.5mm and they said they could do that at the time when I ordered. I ended up having David Klass make one though.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Yes, if I wear it with my engagement ring I wear a plain spacer band because the diamond girdles wear into the prongs on my ER. I asked BGD about making a small spacer band like 1mm or 1.5mm and they said they could do that at the time when I ordered. I ended up having David Klass make one though.

Ooh can we see?

lerna

Rough_Rock
Totally agree with bling_dream19, would love to see your spacer!

For some reason I've been drawn to this knife edge milgrain ring recently (reminds me of the discontinued Tiffany one) even though I'm not sure it's a very practical spacer and they only have white gold rather than platinum. I actually love the yellow gold version as a standalone ring or next to an eternity perhaps.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh can we see?

Totally agree with bling_dream19, would love to see your spacer!

For some reason I've been drawn to this knife edge milgrain ring recently (reminds me of the discontinued Tiffany one) even though I'm not sure it's a very practical spacer and they only have white gold rather than platinum. I actually love the yellow gold version as a standalone ring or next to an eternity perhaps.

The stacker I got is 1.5mm and honestly I wish I had gone with a 1mm. My stacker is too visible for my taste and I think it takes away from my ER diamond so I only wear the Dream band alone. I’m sure a bigger diamond :lol: would fix this problem though! I love the knife edge stacker you found @lerna its sooo dainty!

7EC24C9B-CADE-48F0-9AFC-A90C98D4E762.jpeg

ETA: @lerna @bling_dream19 Here's some pics of a Dream band with a 1mm stacker! https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-bgd-dream-set.235820/

Last edited:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
The stacker I got is 1.5mm and honestly I wish I had gone with a 1mm. My stacker is too visible for my taste and I think it takes away from my ER diamond so I only wear the Dream band alone. I’m sure a bigger diamond :lol: would fix this problem though! I love the knife edge stacker you found @lerna its sooo dainty!

7EC24C9B-CADE-48F0-9AFC-A90C98D4E762.jpeg

ETA: @lerna @bling_dream19 Here's some pics of a Dream band with a 1mm stacker! https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-bgd-dream-set.235820/

Wow what a gorgeous set @scouty I think the 1.5 is fine. I guess it depends if it feels too thick with spacer, ering and dream band. I'm sensitive about too wide and thick. You have gorgeous options! Thank you for sharing! Here's my custom dream ering and band 20200421_161320.jpg I could have probably stuck with th setting as is but I was so worried the diamonds would bother me between fingers, so we went custom to shave off some of the diamonds. Crazy! I'm very interested in the eternity.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Wow what a gorgeous set @scouty I think the 1.5 is fine. I guess it depends if it feels too thick with spacer, ering and dream band. I'm sensitive about too wide and thick. You have gorgeous options! Thank you for sharing! Here's my custom dream ering and band 20200421_161320.jpg I could have probably stuck with th setting as is but I was so worried the diamonds would bother me between fingers, so we went custom to shave off some of the diamonds. Crazy! I'm very interested in the eternity.

@bling_dream19 You have a gorgeous custom set! Just love how they are made to fit together so beautifully and comfort focused. I also want a full eternity ring now... I’m personally eyeing the BGD bezel band haha. My husband will think I am a crazy person tho!

Last edited:

lerna

Rough_Rock
Wow! You both have GORGEOUS sets and are making me so excited for my dream band. The metal work is so delicate and the diamonds are so prominent on each of your sets! Thank you both for sharing!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@bling_dream19 You have a gorgeous custom set! Just love how they are made to fit together so beautifully and comfort focused. I also want a full eternity ring now... I’m personally eyeing the BGD bezel band haha. My husband will think I am a crazy person tho!

Thanks @scouty you're so sweet. I really love my wedding set! I'm very tempted to get the dream eternity but I don't know what size. Also i eventually want a 6 prong diamond shank setting like yours! I i have inquired with BG if they can make me a 6 prong setting with 5 pointers and still flush fit. They have said they can't repeatedly. So if I eventually want to get a larger diamond and 6 prong diamond setting, I will have to go elsewhere. And might need to start over with bands, so that's my other hesitation in ordering the dream eternity. Ok long winded but that's that.
Tell us about your ring Scouty, who made it and what size is your ering if you dont mind sharing? Your ering is simply gorgeous!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Wow! You both have GORGEOUS sets and are making me so excited for my dream band. The metal work is so delicate and the diamonds are so prominent on each of your sets! Thank you both for sharing!

Thank you @lerna I'm very happy with the quality and comfort. You are going to LOVE YOUR dream band! Keep us posted on when it will arrive!!
Here's another pic of my set to hold you over... 750698 750708

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Thanks you will love it, the band is perfection! When you wear it alone it just screams "MARRIED"!!!

And I believe it was 13% off ... you can see past offers they have posted on their FB!

Yes I agree it screams married!!!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I could feel it between the fingers at first, but quickly got used to it.

Ok thanks that's good to know. I think the workmanship is very smooth. When I tried on other diamond bands at brick and mortar stores, the diamonds were soo itchy and scratchy. But BG is pretty smooth.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @scouty you're so sweet. I really love my wedding set! I'm very tempted to get the dream eternity but I don't know what size. Also i eventually want a 6 prong diamond shank setting like yours! I i have inquired with BG if they can make me a 6 prong setting with 5 pointers and still flush fit. They have said they can't repeatedly. So if I eventually want to get a larger diamond and 6 prong diamond setting, I will have to go elsewhere. And might need to start over with bands, so that's my other hesitation in ordering the dream eternity. Ok long winded but that's that.
Tell us about your ring Scouty, who made it and what size is your ering if you dont mind sharing? Your ering is simply gorgeous!

Thank you, my ER is from James Allen and is 1.3 ct diamond. I specifically wanted a 7mm size stone so it wasn’t in the budget to go with BGD or WF. Someday I would love to make this diamond into a pendant and get an ideal cut stone from BGD or WF set in a 6 prong CvB Jovyn paired with the Dream band. That is my literal dream set haha! We recently got married so this upgrade talk is a long, long ways down the road for me! ;)2

scouty

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you. So exciting! Would love to see the ring you will be pairing your Dream band with if you’d like to share! =)2

lerna

Rough_Rock
@lerna Did your dream band arrive? We'd love hand shots when you are ready!

Thanks for remembering! The ring did arrive, and like others said, it sparkles like crazy! I’m not very good at taking pictures, but it looks truly looks like 11 little rainbow colored strobe lights in most lighting. The fire unlike anything I’ve seen on another wedding band, and I think it’s stunning as a stand-alone ring.

That said, I’m actually undecided on how it pairs with my engagement ring! I’m not sure if it overwhelms my engagement ring and also notice it doesn’t sit well with my very low set ring. The height on this ring is supposed to be 1.8 MM, but other PSers have noted it’s slightly higher. I don’t have a way of measuring, but suspect this could be the case.

I’ve tried on my bands (and am actually already married and have just been wearing my solitaire for 2 years), and just haven’t been sure about anything. I can’t tell if I’ll get used to it or haven’t found the right thing. The engagement ring setting was something my husband custom designed, and it could be that the shank height is a bit too low to sit with anything well.

AEEE2CDD-83FC-41A8-9D6F-70FEADDE0AC3.jpeg A7519A13-EA44-4D12-8ACA-3F269E725B54.jpeg
EA2AD489-00A5-49FE-A0FC-AEB1F43FD232.jpeg 8280AD4A-392E-4085-8EFA-EF5034990AFF.jpeg 74E7B8DD-1662-4F53-863D-119C88E2102C.jpeg
97E8E89A-039E-4AF8-A87E-5A73170BD4E5.jpeg
Thoughts are welcomed! Thanks all! For anyone who may wonder, my solitaire is 1.17 carats and finger is 4.25. I can also share some photos of a pave set ring that sat better with my solitaire but didn’t wow me as much as a ring on its own.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for remembering! The ring did arrive, and like others said, it sparkles like crazy! I’m not very good at taking pictures, but it looks truly looks like 11 little rainbow colored strobe lights in most lighting. The fire unlike anything I’ve seen on another wedding band, and I think it’s stunning as a stand-alone ring.

That said, I’m actually undecided on how it pairs with my engagement ring! I’m not sure if it overwhelms my engagement ring and also notice it doesn’t sit well with my very low set ring. The height on this ring is supposed to be 1.8 MM, but other PSers have noted it’s slightly higher. I don’t have a way of measuring, but suspect this could be the case.

I’ve tried on my bands (and am actually already married and have just been wearing my solitaire for 2 years), and just haven’t been sure about anything. I can’t tell if I’ll get used to it or haven’t found the right thing. The engagement ring setting was something my husband custom designed, and it could be that the shank height is a bit too low to sit with anything well.

AEEE2CDD-83FC-41A8-9D6F-70FEADDE0AC3.jpeg A7519A13-EA44-4D12-8ACA-3F269E725B54.jpeg
EA2AD489-00A5-49FE-A0FC-AEB1F43FD232.jpeg 8280AD4A-392E-4085-8EFA-EF5034990AFF.jpeg 74E7B8DD-1662-4F53-863D-119C88E2102C.jpeg
97E8E89A-039E-4AF8-A87E-5A73170BD4E5.jpeg
Thoughts are welcomed! Thanks all! For anyone who may wonder, my solitaire is 1.17 carats and finger is 4.25. I can also share some photos of a pave set ring that sat better with my solitaire but didn’t wow me as much as a ring on its own.

I think it is perfection on you! I too have a 1.17 diamond. Yours looks huge!!! I think the band is gorgeous but I hear you on the height. Could we see a side pic to see the difference?

lerna

Rough_Rock
I think it is perfection on you! I too have a 1.17 diamond. Yours looks huge!!! I think the band is gorgeous but I hear you on the height. Could we see a side pic to see the difference?

Thank you! I think the size might be an illusion based on how close the shot was taken. Let me know if these pics help! 959EF6BD-F6FE-4059-928C-5B3A4AE46982.jpeg 5F2F5388-E7AE-4F53-A78E-7B231A15629B.jpeg 96A83D1A-E89B-4E78-B4C4-1B00389DC761.jpeg 5E5CEF08-02F4-44E3-B772-5A6456975B8A.jpeg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I think the size might be an illusion based on how close the shot was taken. Let me know if these pics help! 959EF6BD-F6FE-4059-928C-5B3A4AE46982.jpeg 5F2F5388-E7AE-4F53-A78E-7B231A15629B.jpeg 96A83D1A-E89B-4E78-B4C4-1B00389DC761.jpeg 5E5CEF08-02F4-44E3-B772-5A6456975B8A.jpeg

I think its soo soo pretty! Some folks talk about bands eating into ering prongs. I've never quite understood that. I just love this combination! It looks to be similar in height. Does it feel comfortable? I think that's the main thing. As long as you feel beautiful in it, that's all that matters. I just love the band on you with your ering!

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
I think it looks absolutely stunning. This is my favorite look. And yes, your stone looks huge. I always try to guess before I read and I was like— probably about 2ish!

My only hesitation is that the new band will eat into the prongs or your ring. It did with mine. A spacer will help but I know isn’t always the ideal look for some.

Can you share info on the setting?

Edited to add that I’d love to see the pave set too.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
My goodness that band is gorgeous! I love your description - "11 little rainbow colored strobe lights". It sounds like you are thinking through if you like the way it pairs with your engagement ring. Were you hoping to wear this band daily, or would you be happy to wear it on days when you want more sparkle?

lerna

Rough_Rock
I think it looks absolutely stunning. This is my favorite look. And yes, your stone looks huge. I always try to guess before I read and I was like— probably about 2ish!

My only hesitation is that the new band will eat into the prongs or your ring. It did with mine. A spacer will help but I know isn’t always the ideal look for some.

Can you share info on the setting?

Edited to add that I’d love to see the pave set too.

Thank you!! You are very sweet. I do have the same hesitation about the prong damage.

As for the setting, I don’t have a ton of information. I know that my husband bought a knife edge platinum wedding band, had it shaved to make the knife edge more subtle and do have the band taper in toward the head. He also had the head custom made to look similar to the Tiffany and Vatche U113. I’ve never seen either in person so I’m not completely sure of what the differences are, though I know it’s not an exact replica of either. The jeweler he worked with was in Westchester NY. I can find out more if you’d like!

The pave 2mm band pics are included here! This one is from Adiamor and is about 1.75 mm high.
92B8F819-C885-458E-AC8C-2865856F3322.jpeg 509C14BD-55E2-4C68-80C0-05F1858FD1A5.jpeg D2231233-5E94-4748-8212-089F675F2E63.jpeg

lerna

Rough_Rock
I think its soo soo pretty! Some folks talk about bands eating into ering prongs. I've never quite understood that. I just love this combination! It looks to be similar in height. Does it feel comfortable? I think that's the main thing. As long as you feel beautiful in it, that's all that matters. I just love the band on you with your ering!

Thank you very much! Curious to hear what you think about this band vs a 2mm pave that I previously tried. I shared some photos on another reply that I just shared.

This one does feel comfortable! I think one ring is always more comfortable to me than two, but the prong setting doesn’t bother me at all.

lerna

Rough_Rock
My goodness that band is gorgeous! I love your description - "11 little rainbow colored strobe lights". It sounds like you are thinking through if you like the way it pairs with your engagement ring. Were you hoping to wear this band daily, or would you be happy to wear it on days when you want more sparkle?

Thank you very much! I’m going thinking I would want to wear the band daily, but I can also see myself changing it up and wearing only my wedding band or engagement ring if I felt it was too much. Very curious to hear your thoughts on the other ring I tried - a 2mm pave. Photos are on another reply I just shared.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi @lerna your pave band is gorgeous too! And won't eat into the prongs? You could have fun with both bands! You could also get a plain platinum band that matches perfectly too. Thinking out loud.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I think the 2mm pave band is beautiful too! Honestly to me it looks similar to the dream band. I am sure in person they are quite different though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results