shape
carat
color
clarity

Brian Gavin Dream Eternity - and Sales?

lerna

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I'm considering buying a Brian Gavin Dream eternity band, and am undecided on the 1/2, 3/4 or full eternity with the platinum band. I love the way the full eternity looks, but am unsure about my finger size changing. My finger size can fluctuate throughout the day, and am concerned about the ring spinning.

I'm sure I can't go too wrong, but if anyone owns one, any insight you can share is much appreciated

I'm also wondering - does Brian Gavin ever do sales? The prices seemed slightly steeper than other vendors. Then again, the craftsmanship is beautiful!

Thanks in advance for your help!

5392p-12.jpg

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I would not recommend full eternity (although they are delicious, aren't they?!) because they cannot be sized, and also it is easy to damage a stone on the underside from daily wear. We are always smacking our hands against things we don't realize. Brian Gavin has top quality everything, and the stones will be super ideal cuts. As to 1/2 or 3/4, some people do not like the feel of the stones on the side of the fingers... you have less "room" between fingers and some people do not like that sensation. You might want to see if there is a jeweler near you where you can try on these various options (doesn't matter the quality, we are just talking about the feel).

headlight

Ideal_Rock
P.S. You will also save $ by not doing full eternity!

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
I have this ring in a half eternity and love it. :kiss2: The diamonds really sparkle like crazy compared to other bands I have. It is very comfortable in half eternity because of the semi bezel around the final diamond on each side instead of a prong. If I had to pick again I might get the 3/4 eternity but I don't have any problems with spinning and at the time I didn't want to spend extra for the 3/4. Also I was able to purchase it during their July 4th wedding band sale! Maybe they will have another this year.

Here's some pics I took of mine in this thread I posted: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-purchase-the-dream-band.250607/#post-4590884

Good luck deciding!

lerna

Rough_Rock
Love seeing your band - it’s absolutely stunning and makes me so excited for one! Looks like it was worth every penny.

Do you happen to remember what the July 4th sale offer was?

I have this ring in a half eternity and love it. :kiss2: The diamonds really sparkle like crazy compared to other bands I have. It is very comfortable in half eternity because of the semi bezel around the final diamond on each side instead of a prong. If I had to pick again I might get the 3/4 eternity but I don't have any problems with spinning and at the time I didn't want to spend extra for the 3/4. Also I was able to purchase it during their July 4th wedding band sale! Maybe they will have another this year.

Here's some pics I took of mine in this thread I posted: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-purchase-the-dream-band.250607/#post-4590884

Good luck deciding!

lerna

Rough_Rock
I would not recommend full eternity (although they are delicious, aren't they?!) because they cannot be sized, and also it is easy to damage a stone on the underside from daily wear. We are always smacking our hands against things we don't realize. Brian Gavin has top quality everything, and the stones will be super ideal cuts. As to 1/2 or 3/4, some people do not like the feel of the stones on the side of the fingers... you have less "room" between fingers and some people do not like that sensation. You might want to see if there is a jeweler near you where you can try on these various options (doesn't matter the quality, we are just talking about the feel).

Thank you! That’s a great point and is very helpful.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I am with @headlight on this. If your fingers fluctuate at all due to weight or weather, a full eternity is tricky. Some people don't have this issue, but if you do, I'd consider it.

KLE

Shiny_Rock
I have this band in full eternity and I love it. I also have an issue with rings spinning (small base, bigger knuckles) so a full solves that problem for me. My finger size hasn't ever changed so I can't speak to that - because of course they can't be resized. However I wouldn't buy larger as some people suggest with full eternity, it wouldn't ever feel right if I'd have done that.

KLE

Shiny_Rock
Oh and I forgot to answer your other question! Yes, they do have sales. I think I saw 15% off, missed it, they offered me 10%, then the next couple of days it was 13% off and they honored it. So YES they definitely have sales.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
IMG_7103.jpeg

It's very sparkly in person!

Oh that is beautiful! I have the dream ering and band and would love the full eternity someday. How does it feel between the fingers?

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Love seeing your band - it’s absolutely stunning and makes me so excited for one! Looks like it was worth every penny.

Do you happen to remember what the July 4th sale offer was?

Thanks you will love it, the band is perfection! When you wear it alone it just screams "MARRIED"!!!

And I believe it was 13% off ... you can see past offers they have posted on their FB!

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have this band in 1/2 eternity and I love it! I’ve had it sized up a full size post-babies and no issues with loose stones. I really like that I can see arrows in these tiny stones and that it has holes in the back to keep the underside of the stones clean.

27E9523E-C61F-48FE-979A-838586D84581.jpeg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I have a full eternity step cut diamonds. And it is also channel set v prong set like the BG you are showing.

I love my full eternity. My weight/ knuckle size increased with age. I play with my rings so I like the full. Some weight loss, but the knuckle was/ is the issue. Had to for 6-7yrs. Had it resized at a cost. I love it! I don’t have to worry about no diamonds showing as it’s a full.
Being channel set, the edges of the step cut diamonds are protected. And it feels like a band between the fingers.
I have tried prong set and for me, the diamonds were touching and therefore rubbing a bit between the fingers. It felt odd. For me, channel setting was more comfortable.

also need to consider what you are wearing next to this ring... the diamonds girdle may wear away at the band that it sits next to.

such a fun project!

do investigate at a mall store if you can. Just to get a feel of the different eternities- 1/2, 3/4, full.

KLE

Shiny_Rock
Oh that is beautiful! I have the dream ering and band and would love the full eternity someday. How does it feel between the fingers?

I could feel it between the fingers at first, but quickly got used to it.

JaneDough

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I'm considering buying a Brian Gavin Dream eternity band, and am undecided on the 1/2, 3/4 or full eternity with the platinum band. I love the way the full eternity looks, but am unsure about my finger size changing. My finger size can fluctuate throughout the day, and am concerned about the ring spinning.

I'm sure I can't go too wrong, but if anyone owns one, any insight you can share is much appreciated

I'm also wondering - does Brian Gavin ever do sales? The prices seemed slightly steeper than other vendors. Then again, the craftsmanship is beautiful!

Thanks in advance for your help!

5392p-12.jpg

Hi Lerna, I recently purchased a half eternity. I had it modified to 7 stones and it covered the entire top side of my finger (size 5.75). I requested a flat band as well and modified the shank so it was 2 mm in width. The band is very comfortable and I do not notice it. I increased stone size a bit. The diamonds end just where my side fingers touch. I think I would have been comfortable adding two more diamonds just to give off the eternity appearance. Sometimes when I look top down I feel the diamond part looks flatter on top and doesn’t curve around my fingers. I think this is because there is a small height different between the shank/gold part and where the diamonds stop.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Full eternity with one space for metal and size up 1/2 size

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!! Can’t wait to see! I prefer full eternities bc of spinning, but I have a big collection - including quite a few 1/2 eternities: I have a sizing bead put in to keep them upright.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I love the dream band, and can’t wait to see yours when it arrives!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a full eternity of that style that I damaged so I wouldn’t have one again, the other full eternity I have is a double row channel set, and I can’t wear it because my finger’s got bigger. I have no problem with half eternities spinning, so if it were me, that’s what I’d chose. Whatever you go for, I’m sure it’ll be gorgeous.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've always loved the Dream band - looking forward to seeing yours!

lerna

Rough_Rock
Yay! Definitely show us pics when you get it!

Thank you! Do you stack your eternity with another ring? If so, do you use a spacer? Wondering if that's something I should get.

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
IMG_7103.jpeg

It's very sparkly in person!

Gorgeous! Do you mind sharing how big the diamonds in your eternity band are? I'm about to have my eternity band made and yours looks proportionally perfect with your e-ring. (We have similar sized CBI solitaires and I'm going for the same kind of wedding band. THX!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results