shape
carat
color
clarity

Breast cancer fears...maybe TMI

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad your Derm wants to do a biopsy. She is investigating every avenue. Try not to be worried (I know, I know easier said than done) take deep breaths you will get through this just fine.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad your Derm wants to do a biopsy. She is investigating every avenue. Try not to be worried (I know, I know easier said than done) take deep breaths you will get through this just fine.

Thank you - you're so kind! I am ultimately glad that she is doing a biopsy as well. It IS what I wanted but somehow made me more anxious to hear. Anxiety is a silly thing.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I understand anxiety very well! I've been in your shoes many times. I also totally understand that you wanted to get a pat on the head and sent on your way. And at the end of this that is most likely what will happen. You are fearful of what you think MAY lay ahead. Don't go there. Don't project. One foot in front of the other. Everything is going to be alright.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ihy, I went completely off the deep end for 5 days last week waiting for 3 different X-ray results. One of them was a mammogram. I know In my head my fear wasn't rational. Unfortunatley that did nothing to ease my anxiety. If you feel extremely anxious please contact your doctor and tell him/her how you are feeling. They may prescribe something to help you. I'm sorry you are going thru this. I will check this thread often and please let me know if I can help you.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I'm in the same boat with you Ihy...I just had a mamo and they've called me back for an ultrasound on one of my boobs.
I go in Thursday. I'm not worried (yet) because I have dense boobs and I think its hard for the radiologist/doc to see whats
actually going on in the mamo. There is usually a doc to view the ultrasound pictures right then and there. They let you know within like
20 minutes or so if they think anything is going on. I've had this done before and it was nothing so...not worrying until they say it needs
further testing.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending lots of dust your way TyTy and Ihy!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super easy healing, can't even see the biopsy site. Aquaphor keeps the irritation and itch away.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I'm so glad life otherwise is moving forward in so many good ways!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh I understand anxiety very well! I've been in your shoes many times. I also totally understand that you wanted to get a pat on the head and sent on your way. And at the end of this that is most likely what will happen. You are fearful of what you think MAY lay ahead. Don't go there. Don't project. One foot in front of the other. Everything is going to be alright.
Thank you. I am projecting. I do a lot of the what ifs. I think in some ways it serves me well because I'm prepared for every possible scenario. But it takes my joy away too.

Ihy, I went completely off the deep end for 5 days last week waiting for 3 different X-ray results. One of them was a mammogram. I know In my head my fear wasn't rational. Unfortunatley that did nothing to ease my anxiety. If you feel extremely anxious please contact your doctor and tell him/her how you are feeling. They may prescribe something to help you. I'm sorry you are going thru this. I will check this thread often and please let me know if I can help you.
Awww callie I'm so sorry you felt so bad last week. Did it all turn out okay? You're so sweet to offer your comfort. I may call the doctor and ask for some ativan for the procedure. I use them to fly and they help a lot. Thanks for your advice.

Well, I'm in the same boat with you Ihy...I just had a mamo and they've called me back for an ultrasound on one of my boobs.
I go in Thursday. I'm not worried (yet) because I have dense boobs and I think its hard for the radiologist/doc to see whats
actually going on in the mamo. There is usually a doc to view the ultrasound pictures right then and there. They let you know within like
20 minutes or so if they think anything is going on. I've had this done before and it was nothing so...not worrying until they say it needs
further testing.
Oof! Guess this sort of thing is super common huh? Just think of all the women who have posted on this thread. I'm sure everything will be fine for you but I'm sending you good wishes. It sounds like you're handling this all very well. I wish I had your coping!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Super easy healing, can't even see the biopsy site. Aquaphor keeps the irritation and itch away.
Thank you for your response! I was worried because it's the day before I'm a bridesmaid in my friends wedding. Doc said I should be fine. The dress is comfortable. I'm also worried about the procedure itself because I'm a baby but I know they numb it. And yes, things are going quite well in my personal life. Peaks and valleys I guess! :rodent:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww ihy138, I wish I could do more to help you. I've had several breast biopsies and a lumpectomy. The angst and fear were worse then the actual procedure. Tiny pinch from the novacaine is it, truly not painful. You will be fine the next day. Maybe a little sore. Keep in mind your doctor is ruling out the serious things. She would be doing you a disservice to do less. So don't think that they suspect something at this point. I'm the biggest worrier in the world but I have learned from experience that you can't let it rob you of your peace of mind. Enjoy your friends wedding too!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your response! I was worried because it's the day before I'm a bridesmaid in my friends wedding. Doc said I should be fine. The dress is comfortable. I'm also worried about the procedure itself because I'm a baby but I know they numb it. And yes, things are going quite well in my personal life. Peaks and valleys I guess! :rodent:

The numbing injection hurt more than the biopsy! Do you know if you are allergic to band-aids or latex band aids? If you don't, buy both and run your own test of this. You don't want an allergic reaction concomitant with the biopsy site healing. Aquaphor day and night.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Aww ihy138, I wish I could do more to help you. I've had several breast biopsies and a lumpectomy. The angst and fear were worse then the actual procedure. Tiny pinch from the novacaine is it, truly not painful. You will be fine the next day. Maybe a little sore. Keep in mind your doctor is ruling out the serious things. She would be doing you a disservice to do less. So don't think that they suspect something at this point. I'm the biggest worrier in the world but I have learned from experience that you can't let it rob you of your peace of mind. Enjoy your friends wedding too!

Wow! You have been through a lot. It's really encouraging to hear stories of people who survive and overcome this sort of thing. I think you're right, the anticipation is the worst part. I'm trying to fight the negative thoughts and I definitely don't want this to cast a shadow over my friend's wedding day. I want to celebrate such a happy occasion and feel like myself. Thank you for your kind words.

The numbing injection hurt more than the biopsy! Do you know if you are allergic to band-aids or latex band aids? If you don't, buy both and run your own test of this. You don't want an allergic reaction concomitant with the biopsy site healing. Aquaphor day and night.

That's such good advice! I have really sensitive skin, so I'm going to do a test as you suggested and see if I have any allergies because I certainly don't want to complicate healing. Thanks so much for your input!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Callie and ihy...just want to get it over with so I dont have any more doc apts. for a while!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tyty, I'm sending lots of good dust your way. I can relate to wanting to having all the doctor appointments over for the year.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I totally understand you Tyty for wanting doctor's appointments to be over. I actually tend to avoid the doctor, so when I do go it's always because something is wrong and they want to run a bunch of tests. Not a good practice. :lol: Good luck with your tests, Tyty!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel exactly the same way Ihy. I went so far as to tell my husband that with all the breast, ovary and uterine cancer in my family I wish they would just take everything out. I was literally in panic mood all last week and thru the weekend. I told the doctor that I know my level of anxiety wasn't rational but knowing that wasn't changing my anxiety level.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I feel exactly the same way Ihy. I went so far as to tell my husband that with all the breast, ovary and uterine cancer in my family I wish they would just take everything out. I was literally in panic mood all last week and thru the weekend. I told the doctor that I know my level of anxiety wasn't rational but knowing that wasn't changing my anxiety level.

I feel that way, too!! Just take them away. I'm scared of surgery, though, so even that isn't ideal. I'm having a really rough go of it myself so I totally understand. I would say panicked is my baseline although I am somehow sleeping and eating every now and again. I just think soon this will be over and I'll know either way.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake...I think I missed whats going on with you...are you in the same boat with me and ihy?

So I went this morning, easy-peasy but I guess the doc wasnt in so I didnt get results right away. I think my doc is suppose to get the results
later today and hopefully will call by tomorrow. I need to schedule an eye apt. but I dont want to do anything until this is out of the way. Isnt
it ridiculous that I dont feel like I can get anything else started until I know the results of this??? I just dont like having too much on my plate at
once.

Hoping you get your results soon ihy and if you're waiting Callie I hope you get yours soon too...hope everythings good and we can get on with everyday
living!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Tyty - I'm hoping you get results soon and can move on! I totally can relate about not being able to get anything started until you know. I have been having trouble doing my usual routine (working out, hanging with friends) because I feel like this is a black cloud over my head. It's probably going to turn out to be a waste of time worrying about this, but I don't know any other way.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ihy, I think it takes going through a few of these "ordeals" for lack of a better term and have it end up being nothing. The next time
something comes up you'll remember all the time and energy your mind/body wasted and hopefully subconsciously your mind will say lets just not
go there this time until we have more info.

Now if you've been through this before and it was something then I completely understand where the panic comes from. Also if it runs
in your family...I can see that causing anxiety too. If you get to feeling too anxious or if it gets drug out, talk to your doctor to see if he
can give you something to help. A little bit of anxiety is normal and helps to protect us but if you're having so much that you cant carry
on with your regular routine that sounds like to much to me. Just want you to know there are options if you feel like the anxiety is getting
to be too much. Hang in there...

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ihy, I received my test results on Monday and all is well. Please try not to worry. If your doctor thought this was something bad they would have gotten you an appointment for a mammogram right away. I completely understand the whole anxiety with waiting. It's not fun.

Tyty, i know how hard the waiting is. I'm sending much dust to both you and Ihy so you both can get back to your life without having to worry. Can you call for your test results? I drove my doctors office crazy calling to find out my results.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Callie...I'll be calling if I dont hear from them by tomorrow afternoon...because if I dont hear tomorrow then I got to wait the whole weekend
and I aint got time for that!:cheeky:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tyty, I would ask to speak to the doctor. I was in tears as I spoke to the nurse twice last Friday. She said the result were not in yet. I found out on Monday that the test results were in on Thursday afternoon and they didnt tell me. I worried endlessly for three days for no reason and they knew how worried and anxious I was. Needless to say I am looking into changing doctors.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ihy, I think it takes going through a few of these "ordeals" for lack of a better term and have it end up being nothing. The next time
something comes up you'll remember all the time and energy your mind/body wasted and hopefully subconsciously your mind will say lets just not
go there this time until we have more info.

Now if you've been through this before and it was something then I completely understand where the panic comes from. Also if it runs
in your family...I can see that causing anxiety too. If you get to feeling too anxious or if it gets drug out, talk to your doctor to see if he
can give you something to help. A little bit of anxiety is normal and helps to protect us but if you're having so much that you cant carry
on with your regular routine that sounds like to much to me. Just want you to know there are options if you feel like the anxiety is getting
to be too much. Hang in there...

Tyty, you are right. This is absolutely out of the ordinary and I know it's not helpful to me. I had a really scary medical experience when I was 20 (it also turned out to be nothing, but they thought heart attack for a bit - really it was too much caffeine trying to study :roll:) that I think has really left it's mark on me. Now I avoid doctors, think the worst, and notice every minor change in my body. It typically does not impact my day to day unless I'm waiting on results or something is wrong with me. It's definitely something I've tried to work through in therapy a few times - including right now - but I've never tried medication. I appreciate your candid response. It's really made me think about doing something more for my anxiety. But obviously many women have been through these "ordeals" and mostly turn out to be nothing, so maybe after this is over I will have a better perspective. I was reading something like 90% of mammograms and 80% of biopsies are negative. This is bound to happen to me again at some point in my life. Crossing my fingers you get your results today!

Callie - so glad all is well with you! How awful that you had to wait so long when they had the information right there. :nono: I hope you get to relax a bit now.

Last edited:

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just an update:

I had my mammo and ultrasound this afternoon. Ouch, that was uncomfortable! I thought I would be getting results today, but she said in a day or two my doctor would have the results and call me, so that means next week. At first the ultrasound tech said she was going to show the radiologist and he might come in to talk to me. Then she came back five minutes later and said I'm all set. I'm hoping this is a good sign! Hope everyone doesn't mind that I keep updating. It's nice to have a place to talk about this. :wavey:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending lots of positive dust & hugs. I am glad they are being super thorough & fingers crossed for the all clear early next week.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ihy, it has been my experience that if the radiologist sees something on my ultrasound he/she will come talk to me. On ultrasound they can see if you have fluid filled cysts (benign) or a solid lesion for example. Anything solid is followed up with a biopsy. That the radiologist did not come in and talk to you would indicate most likely there was no finding. However, it would have been nice had he come in to talk to you regardless. Please enjoy your friends wedding! Catch the bouquet perhaps?!:razz:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ihy, Thank you for the update. I've been thinking of you. Have a great weekend and please try not to worry. I wish they could just give you the results before you leave. It would sure make the experience much more bearable. Have a great time at the wedding!

Smores84

Shiny_Rock
Hi IHY! Hope you have a good time this weekend and keep us updated!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results