Breast cancer fears...maybe TMI

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best wishes tomorrow at your appt!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ihy138, I am wishing you luck this afternoon and hoping you get wonderful news. Sending good thoughts and positive vibes your way. (((Hugs))).

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Good luck with your appt today ihy! Praying it's nothing serious and can be easily resolved!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you today. Hope all goes well.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck with your appointment today. Sending PS dust your way and hoping for good news.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You all are the absolute sweetest!! Thank you for thinking of me. I'm a bag of nerves but I know it will all be okay. Thank you so much and I'll be sure to update later on. :wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm hoping everything goes well for you today. IF they decide to send you for a mammogram please ask that they send you where you can get the results the same day. And please don't worry if they send you for one. It doesn't mean there is anything wrong. I had my first one when I was close to your age. I was having some weird things go on and it turned out to be nothing. Hugs Sweetie.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all, just an update. My doc thinks it's a fungal issue. She prescribed me an antifungal cream. She's also sending me for a mammogram and to a dernatologist for a consult. She isn't too concerned but wants to rule out anything sinister. I must admit I was hoping for a "nope, you're fine. Bye!" But I guess she's doing her due diligence. I think I'll push for a biopsy with the dermatologist just to be safe. Thanks everyone for your support. Now, we wait. :)

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She sounds like a good doctor. Cover your a$$ is essential. A doctor who makes assumptions without a complete evaluation is not a good doctor imo. Relax, it sounds like you are in good hands. Just because you are being sent on for additional testing does not mean it is more sinister. This will give you the complete peace of mind you deserve. Hang in there!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
This is a good thing! Totally normal to get more testing to rule out the bad things. Doesn't mean you have anything bad, just that the nature of the issue is such that the doctor wants to be thorough (plus it's good to have a baseline on file).

I have a friend who picked up a weird fungus from (well she thinks) hot yoga. It's totally common and something a dermatologist will be able to identify and deal with.

This is good!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous that your doctor took your concerns seriously and was thorough with treatment and follow-up recommendations. I hope the anti-fungal cream resolves the issue.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is good news ihy138. LOL who knew a fungal issue would be good news but it is!!!
Also glad your doctor is ordering a thorough battery of tests.
Wishing you speedy healing and for more good news after all the tests are completed.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
She sounds like a good doctor. Cover your a$$ is essential. A doctor who makes assumptions without a complete evaluation is not a good doctor imo. Relax, it sounds like you are in good hands. Just because you are being sent on for additional testing does not mean it is more sinister. This will give you the complete peace of mind you deserve. Hang in there!

Absolutely! CYA is just what I thought of too she actually wasn't going to send me for a mammogram because she really believes it is fungal but decided to because she said dermatology is not great at sending their notes. She said she just wanted to have negative results on file and didn't want me to get lost. Thanks for your encouragement

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is a good thing! Totally normal to get more testing to rule out the bad things. Doesn't mean you have anything bad, just that the nature of the issue is such that the doctor wants to be thorough (plus it's good to have a baseline on file).

I have a friend who picked up a weird fungus from (well she thinks) hot yoga. It's totally common and something a dermatologist will be able to identify and deal with.

This is good!
I think you're right about the baseline thing. I'm fairly new to this doctor and I think she doesn't realize my long history of skin issues. I'm glad I'm going to my own derm for a consult. Thank you for your kind and encouraging words!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fabulous that your doctor took your concerns seriously and was thorough with treatment and follow-up recommendations. I hope the anti-fungal cream resolves the issue.
Thank you! I hope so too!

That is good news ihy138. LOL who knew a fungal issue would be good news but it is!!!
Also glad your doctor is ordering a thorough battery of tests.
Wishing you speedy healing and for more good news after all the tests are completed.

Thank you missy! Never thought I would be so grateful for fungus! Lol!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, so far it sounds like good news to me! I'm glad she is doing the mamo to ensure nothing is wrong. That should ease
your mind and give you a baseline in your folder for future reference.

Wishing you a speed recovery as well!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news Ihy138! It sounds like you have a good doctor.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The doctor seems to be doing what is sensible. That's good!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic! ( who knew fungus was fantastic???)

Q

Queenie60

I'm glad that she's covering all basis. I'm sure you're fine and it is nothing more than fungal. Good for you - being proactive with your health. Take care.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well fungus can definitely be itchy. Think athletes foot. On your boob.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, so far it sounds like good news to me! I'm glad she is doing the mamo to ensure nothing is wrong. That should ease
your mind and give you a baseline in your folder for future reference.

Wishing you a speed recovery as well!
Thanks so much for your encouragement!! I'm looking forward to hopefully having a clean bill of health and going on with my life.

Thanks you calliecake, pearlsngems, and Queenie for your kind words of support! I think she really is a great doctor.

Fantastic! ( who knew fungus was fantastic???)
Lol! I know! I'll take it any day of the week.

Well fungus can definitely be itchy. Think athletes foot. On your boob.

:lol: Ugh, itchy is RIGHT! But it feels better since using the cream.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks again everyone. It sounds funny, but an experience like this (however minor) is a reminder that life is precious and I need to be living it to the fullest because everything can change. That's what I intend to do.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's certainly can Ihy. One big scare and it drives home the point that your health and the health of those you love is the most important thing

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ihy, I'm not surprised. I was diagnosed with the same thing, combined with exzema and an infection too. I was using three different ointments at one time on a very regular basis. It took several months for it to clear up and stay cleared up. And I probably saw 4-5 different deems before I found one who gave me the right combination of medications. Wishing you lots of luck and don't give up.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same as LLJsMom, I had the biopsy of boob skin (1 stitch, healed invisibly), finding of "indeterminate" dermatitis and even I could see it was actually eczema. A nonevent. I make sure I keep things there from having friction from my bra with a thin film of Aquaphor.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's certainly can Ihy. One big scare and it drives home the point that your health and the health of those you love is the most important thing

It's so true. Couldn't agree more.

I went to the dermatologist today and she actually doesn't think that it is fungal. She did a culture of cells and says it will show in two weeks whether it is fungal. She does suspect eczema but she wants to do a biopsy to rule out Paget's (cancer). Nothing has changed, but I'm feeling a bit more anxious about the whole thing. Mammogram/ultrasound is this Friday. Thanks everyone for your feedback.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ihy, I'm not surprised. I was diagnosed with the same thing, combined with exzema and an infection too. I was using three different ointments at one time on a very regular basis. It took several months for it to clear up and stay cleared up. And I probably saw 4-5 different deems before I found one who gave me the right combination of medications. Wishing you lots of luck and don't give up.
I'm comforted to know that you went through this as well and it was nothing more sinister. I'm hoping it's just eczema. Thank you for sharing your story. I started using the cream and it's already helped the itch, but it doesn't look any better so that got me worried. Sounds like this could take a long time to go away. :blackeye: I don't actually mind as long as it's nothing dangerous. I trust my dermatologist and have been seeing her for quite some time, so I think she will find the right combination for me if it is indeed eczema. Trying to keep in mind that old saying: When you hear hooves, think horses not zebra. It's probably not the rare thing, it's the more common one.

Same as LLJsMom, I had the biopsy of boob skin (1 stitch, healed invisibly), finding of "indeterminate" dermatitis and even I could see it was actually eczema. A nonevent. I make sure I keep things there from having friction from my bra with a thin film of Aquaphor.

Thank you so much for sharing this! I was a little freaked to hear that I would need a stitch after the biopsy. I've never had stitches. Was it difficult healing? I use aquaphor as well and it seems to help.

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ihy, Please try not to be too stressed about this Honey and if you are come back and talk about it. The chances of this being anything bad are very, very slim. I know that probably doesn't make you feel much better but it really is true. I'm sorry this is making you scared but If it makes you feel any better many of us here have been frightened waiting for a test result and know how stressed it can make you feel. Please come back here if you are feeling really anxious. I promise we will try to talk you off the ledge.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ihy, Please try not to be too stressed about this Honey and if you are come back and talk about it. The chances of this being anything bad are very, very slim. I know that probably doesn't make you feel much better but it really is true. I'm sorry this is making you scared but If it makes you feel any better many of us here have been frightened waiting for a test result and know how stressed it can make you feel. Please come back here if you are feeling really anxious. I promise we will try to talk you off the ledge.

Thank you so much for your kindness. I know this waiting game is something that probably everyone has endured. I don't know how others do it - not much choice in the matter I guess. I've been pretty fortunate health wise but have had to wait in the past and don't remember being this nervous. I've been through a lot in the past year, and I just recently felt like I'm finally in a better place professionally, financially, and I'm even in a new relationship after a divorce. It just feels unfair that this would happen when I'm finally happy. But maybe the lesson is to not take anything for granted. Thanks for listening. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results