shape
carat
color
clarity

bowtie and radiants....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
a vendor contacted me and said that a radiant i am interested in has no bowtie...what is the significance of this? First time I heard it mentioned in regards to radiants

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think he means this:
4.gif

BowtieEx.JPG

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Chris,

My Radiant has no bow tie. Most of the Radiants I saw did have them. As Valeria points out, the bow tie is a dark part across the middle of the diamond. My length to width is 1 to 1.15, slightly rectangular. What is the length to width of the one your jeweler called you about?

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ice,

The ratio for the most recent stone is 1.19

This link is the other thread that shows the OTHER stone I''m seriously considering. Pics are provided of that one (unbranded)....please tell me if you think that one has a bowtie...I haven''t seen it in person yet.

Coming down to one of these 2 stones I think! :)

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Chris,

The unbranded Radiant from the other post looks very pretty. I think it may have a very, very slight bowtie, hard to tell in the pic. I think it would be worth seeing these two side by side if at all possible.

Do you have any more particulars on the latest stone (the one without a bow tie)? The other one is 1 to 1.28. More rectangular! Very pretty!!

Good luck!

9.gif
10.gif
9.gif

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
Ice,

Here is the info for the ''no bowtie'' stone...I don''t know how the vendor knows it has no bowtie though, since stone isn''t in house yet....

And, when did bowtie become such a big deal with radiants...as you know I''ve been scouring the site for months now....hmm.

I like both stones, but I don''t think I can see them side by side as both vendors will put a hold on a credit card, and I only have one
7.gif

Any way around this? Wonder if I should ask one of them to give me a pass, doubt it though...

Attachments

• 1[1].0 F VVS2 radiant - cert with sarin.pdf
    62.1 KB · Views: 57

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
This is a picture of the stone...the ''no bowtie'' one

Radiant1ctFVVS2.jpg

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
Here is the GIA...i have sarin as well

scan0010.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is not possible to have "no bowtie" - just one so slight that it does not show in person. Magnified pictures and the Ideal Scope will show 'something' - the different look of the respective facets is part of the radiant design. Also, it is not always the case that "bow tie" means less brilliance. This is just one detail that needs a bit of attention about radiants in general, just because sometimes it can tun pretty unpleasant.

Each stones comes with it's own story. Yours is pretty darn perfect !
3.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Chris,

Valeria is absolutely correct in what she said about the bow tie effect. My Radiant has no visible (to the naked eye) bow tie. And even if there is a bow tie present (visible to the eye) that does not mean that it won''t be a great performer. I also have to agree that each stone comes with it''s own "story" as Valeria puts it!

You have picked two gorgeous stones! The stone in the other thread is about 1 to 1.27 l to w. As fas as differences between the two, the length to width will be the most visible. The stone in the other thread will appear more rectangular. Have you gone onto this site to play on the fancy cut selector? You can plug in the length and width and it will give you an image of how rectangular the stone will appear.

Is there much price difference between the two?

Narcosis

Rough_Rock

Like Valeria said It doesn’t Necessarily mean it will be an issue with performance My GF`s stone pictured below definitely has one visible in certain lighting conditions but as you see does not have any effect on it’s scintillation etc.

Rad220D.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That one didn''t need any glamorous setup to sparkle... you could have wraped the darn ring on a sock instead of a sophisticated breed or rose
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Holy smokes Bullwinkle--that is one fetching ER! I couldn''t see anything but....WOW!

cheers--Sharon

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys,

that''s the thing that troubles me a bit about the ''no bowtie'' stone (the one of this post). It''s $1100 less than the other stone I linked to.

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Narcosis!! What a stunner!!!! I love that ring. Are those traps on the sides??
emsmilep.gif
I can''t stop drooling, I am a sucker for a gorgeous Radiant!!!!

Chris, I think the difference in price has to do with this one being an F vesus E and there is a diff in polish and symm, this one VG and G the other EX and VG. These are differences you will not necessarily notice to a great degree. Then it becomes a matter of what shape you prefer.

Good luck!
2.gif

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ice,

I think you''re right....both shapes are fine. At this point, I''m happy with either stone. I just want to make my decision already, or else you can look forever!

Such suspense with this ''no bowtie'' stone. The vendor helping in my search told me the hold had expired and her supplier sent it to someone else. Then we began to look for others in my target range but were coming up empty. Then, the lady calls me back to tell me they were able to get the supplier to agree to send it back.....so, it will be in the vendor''s hands on Tue. for full analysis, then to me for inspection....keeping my fingers crossed that this is the one! Thanks guys....

Narcosis

Rough_Rock

Hi Ice, Thanks for the nice comments. I guess I got lucky finding this one.(especially the price ! $10.5K for the ring !) It came from one of the boys in the "Diamond Club" Center is 2.20ct clean SI2 D and the sides are 1ctw traps D.The sides and setting cost me almost 1/2 the price of the center stone because of the D color.We placed some G-H side traps next to it and tey looked like yellows next to the center!OH Well

Untitledd-1.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/3/2004 129:22 AM
Author: chris143007
....keeping my fingers crossed that this is the one!
Will you get to see both of them side by side ?

As for the 1k... these prices are not as tight as they seem. If you posts pictures and the stats perhaps some explanation will become obvious, but I would not expect just that
34.gif

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys,

I don''t think I can see both side by side at the same time, as one vendor requires I purchase stone before sending to me and the other requires a hold on my cc
7.gif
I have enough money to do this, but my cc has a limit and my debit card has a limit. It may be a matter of speaking to my bank and figuring out how to get both stones here.

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
The unbranded stone that is linked to on this post will be sold to another person on Monday.
7.gif
It is the one that is $1100 more than this stone being talked about in this post. I get the feeling that I don''t want to lose out on that stone, but this stone is alot less expensive and could be just as good quality....

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Chris,

I am sorry about the other diamond!
7.gif
Maybe the one you post about here is meant to be! You say you will get to see it on Tuesday? I can''t wait to see what you think!! Keep us posted. Remember, don''t settle for just anything, holdout ''til you find the stone that really speaks to you. The fact that you have seen several Radiants now, you will know if this one is "the" one!
9.gif

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
Here is an actual pic of the stone I''m probably going to buy...this is the stone that has the gia cert on this thread....opinions, thoughts? Thanks guys...many of you know I''ve been on a several month search for the perfect radiant for my perfect gf!

DI40X_GIA13674073.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
looks like a very nice stone to me, though i am certainly far from an expert
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results