shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought a BIG blue nuance for planned recut to OEC/transitional...!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS!!! I have been wearing my Southwest recut all week (i hadnt worn it in a while) and i forgot how AMAZING they did!

Your diamond came out STUNNING, congratulations, i love it!! Now I want a bigger one... LOL!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Bump… any update on setting? :)

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
@oncrutchesrightnow , SIGH :) I wish!! I waffle between the CVB Astrid (but in rose to bring out the blue, or white to hide it? and what tiny sidestones? plus it will be $$ and my eyes keep being drawn by lab tennis necklaces and lab studs and...) vs maybe just having it put into a temporary budget-friendly setting so I can wear it around a bit and decide how I feel. And so it sits, sadly, waiting for a plan...!

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
Well of course you have to put it in rose gold! It just looks made for RG. Even if you put it in a RG temp setting, but I say go hard and do the CVB, Caysie will probably have great ideas for side stone colors.

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
@Mooshi hahaha yay for strong RG advocacy!! I just realized that bc I have a 3-stone transitional ring in platinum, of course this stone with similar symmetrical-round-chunky flavor should go in rose. I've been toying with teeny alexandrite melee (significant birthstone) but not sure if the color will "go", they'll be miniscule regardless. Trying to pick a stone with some tie-in to people who are important to me... but maybe I should just get in touch with her & let her do her artist thing? I've only ever worked with DK and he needs a lot of guidance which vibes with my type-A jewelry personality. :lol:

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
I haven't worked with CvB but everything I see on her feed and here is ridiculous. Seems like she gets it, plus she probably has inventory that she could take photos of your stone + RG + different colors of melee for you to evaluate? I think alexandrite could definitely work!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
@evergreen have you set this lovely? I really want you to plop her into a temp rose gold soli just so you —and we!! lol — can enjoy her!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
@evergreen have you set this lovely? I really want you to plop her into a temp rose gold soli just so you —and we!! lol — can enjoy her!

Ah you're so right - I'm basically a national champion at "letting perfect be the enemy of good enough" I've been thinking about her lately and peeking at her in my jewelry box. Maybe I'll wait till Valentine's is over and the jewelers are a little less stressed.

Anybody found any 10mm temp settings worth considering? In case I don't quite feel ready for Caysie-level artistry.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’ve been trolling the Stuller website lately and honestly they have so many gorgeous designs. You can see some of them on the IG for their ever&ever line. The real life photos show the delicacy. I found a local jeweler who carries their lines too and they are very delicate and well made in person. Most would cost well under $1000.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results