shape
carat
color
clarity

Boston Area GTG???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
It was great meeting you all and seeing your fabulous treasures. Next time we''ll have to pick a place with better lighting for lunch (or bring more flashlights).

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much to all the gals for a great time yesterday!

I have to say....this group of Boston gals is a fantastic group of women. They are so easy to plan with because everyone makes the time and follows through. It was great to have some new folks with us, too.....nice to finally meet Swimmer, Kismet and Blinkydoll.

Not only did we enjoy a lovely lunch and tons of eye candy, but I had a group of women with AMAZING taste on hand to help me finally pick a setting for the transitional stone I bought in November during a trip to New York.

Thanks to all of you - this piece will hold special sentiment for me because it came to life during one of our PS gatherings.
30.gif

tranny1.jpg

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
3.gif

tranny3.jpg

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
31.gif

tranny5.jpg

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
30.gif

tranny9.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty - can you tell us about the stone?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats Alj
beautiful ring!! love those older cuts
10.gif
36.gif

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2009 8:13:34 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
Very pretty - can you tell us about the stone?
It''s 6mm, graded as L, SI1 by EGL.

Table is largish at 63....but the facet pattern in this stone is very lively and eye-catching.

I purchased it during a trip with KtIceRn to NYC during Thanksgiving week.

I originally intended to set it in an antique repro setting that is flanked with french cut sapphires, but once I saw this setting, there was no other logical choice.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It certainly has a mesmerizing facet pattern and I agree that the setting is very pretty. I prefer it all on its own rather than paired with the sapphires - the stone looks very substantial and can certainly hold its own. I would have guessed larger than 6 mm.

Would love to see some more hand shots!

I know you are a fellow yellow gold lover - how are you feeling about the white metal?

Enjoy - it is a beautiful ring!!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Sigh, loverly!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Allison -- I love your new ring! It''s beautiful. I''m sorry that I couldn''t make it into town to see you and the other ladies. It sounds like you had a lot of fun though. Give me a call if you''d like to get together for lunch sometime soon. I can come down to your area if you''d like.

I''m sorry I missed meeting you Blinkydoll, Kismet, and Swimmer! Next time perhaps...

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
The pictures don''t do it justice. It looks even more amazing in person.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s GORGEOUS!!!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Allison, I LOVE your new ring! Side view reminds me of a Van Craeynest piece. Where did you find the setting?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! Saturday was fun, I''m always nervous before these things, and always so gald that I''ve gone afterwards. It was great to catch up with/meet all of you, and awesome to see HH''s lovely wedding bands and participate in Alj''s setting hunt. The pictures do that stone no justice whatsoever, it''s lively with great personality and yummy chunky facets.

Thank you all for letting me play with your pretties, though the gems don''t compare to the ladies that wear them!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I hope you don''t mind Alj, but the people called for handshots...

aljtranny1.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Sparkles!

aljtranny2.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Chunky monkey facets! Oh bummer, those are really small and low-res. Boo.

aljtranny3.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2009 7:24:46 PM
Author: Allison D.
Thanks so much to all the gals for a great time yesterday!

I have to say....this group of Boston gals is a fantastic group of women. They are so easy to plan with because everyone makes the time and follows through. It was great to have some new folks with us, too.....nice to finally meet Swimmer, Kismet and Blinkydoll.

Not only did we enjoy a lovely lunch and tons of eye candy, but I had a group of women with AMAZING taste on hand to help me finally pick a setting for the transitional stone I bought in November during a trip to New York.

Thanks to all of you - this piece will hold special sentiment for me because it came to life during one of our PS gatherings.
Ahhh, glad you all had a great time!!! Alj, love love the new ring
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad you lovely ladies had a wondeful GTG. Alj/Allison, that setting is perfection for your transitional cut. I am in love with it. The stone is beyond stunning. Love the chunky facets. That setting surely shows it in all it''s glory. Well done.
30.gif
30.gif

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Wow - I am loving that ring (stone and setting both)

This is off topic (sorry for that) but I HAD to ask - all you gals (and guys!) in the Boston area, can any of you tell me your impressions of the North Bennet Street school?

My boyfriend - er - fiance I guess - was living in Boston when we met and I took a summer school course there in jewellery fabrication. If I moved there I was planning on taking their bench jewellery course. It was my understanding that their two year course is one of the best in the country. I''m not sure if any of you are in the business? Just wondered if it''s well known there, etc?

(I can do this on a new thread if it''s out of line - I just saw the Boston heading and it made me miss it there SO much! I was SO looking forward to living there - I just love it! The Sox rule!!!) I didn''t realize so many PS''ers are in the area......

- Jodie -

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results