shape
carat
color
clarity

Boston Area GTG???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2009 7:04:52 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I think the plan is to get lunch at Fajitas and Ritas in Downtown Crossing and then to go to the Jeweler''s building to drool.

Yes, that is the plan.
1.gif

Shops in the Jeweler''s building typically close at either 4 or 5, depending on the shop.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Is there a time yet? Noonish?

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I just told DH that we had to go down for the 31st. Are we doing this on the 24th?

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2009 3:21:37 PM
Author: mercoledi
Is there a time yet? Noonish?
Yep - Noon this coming Saturday.
1.gif

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies - HAVE FUN!!! Make sure you post a few photos of the wedding bands so those of us who can not make it get to drool over the photos.

Unfortunately I have plans and won''t be able to make this GTG.

If my plans fall though - I know where you find you all
2.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I have a condo in Cambridge by the river [near Cambridgeside Galleria] and I was thinking, that since this is a small group, we could head on back there after our foray into the jewelers'' building to hang out and for tea/wine/etc.

Is there any interest?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Blu,
That''s super sweet! I''ll probably have to pass since the last GTG was a bit of a marathon and I still have to work some Saturday, but that''s very nice of you to offer.

See you ladies Saturday!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I JUST saw this thread. My computer crashed, so I''ve been offline for a couple of weeks. I''d love to get together and see everyone again, but I''m not sure if I can. I may be helping a friend of mine in Maine move this weekend. I''ll check in later and let you know if I''ll be able to come.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Hey Zoe, how''s it going?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Blu!

Sick of this snow yet? I''m so tired of it, and I''m counting the days until spring starts. Maybe by then the snow will begin to melt. Hopefully. Things are good here. I''ve been busy with school and other stuff lately. My friend in Maine who I mentioned earlier asked me to be her daughter''s godmother, so we went up there for the Christening last weekend. It''s my first god daughter, and I was thrilled to be asked. She''s such a cutie!

My husband was laid off the day after the election, and he still hasn''t found anything. He''s been working with a few head hunters/recruiters but nothing''s happened yet. He hasn''t gotten one interview, and it''s becoming pretty frustrating. We''re getting more worried each month that passes, because unemployment will run out eventually. Hopefully something will happen soon.

How are you?

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 6:01:26 PM
Author: mercoledi
Blu,
That''s super sweet! I''ll probably have to pass since the last GTG was a bit of a marathon and I still have to work some Saturday, but that''s very nice of you to offer.

See you ladies Saturday!
I''m afraid I''ll have to pass on that offer, too. My niece''s birthday dinner is later in the day.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
HI Alj
35.gif

"Blinky, as of this moment, I''m pretty sure we''ll be picking up Shigidigi on the way, and tberube usually rides with me (or I with her) when we head into the city.

We can pick a public place to meet up in Salem, NH and you are most welcome to ride with whoever''s in my bus. There is a plaza on the south end of Broadway in Salem with a Joann Fabrics and a gym - we could meet in that plaza. We can work out specifics as we get there."

What time should we meet up on Saturday?--- 11:00am?

I''m looking forward to meeting everyone!
1.gif

Thank you again Alj for the hitch
2.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 6:33:33 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
Hey Blu!

Sick of this snow yet? I'm so tired of it, and I'm counting the days until spring starts. Maybe by then the snow will begin to melt. Hopefully. Things are good here. I've been busy with school and other stuff lately. My friend in Maine who I mentioned earlier asked me to be her daughter's godmother, so we went up there for the Christening last weekend. It's my first god daughter, and I was thrilled to be asked. She's such a cutie!

My husband was laid off the day after the election, and he still hasn't found anything. He's been working with a few head hunters/recruiters but nothing's happened yet. He hasn't gotten one interview, and it's becoming pretty frustrating. We're getting more worried each month that passes, because unemployment will run out eventually. Hopefully something will happen soon.

How are you?

Yes. Way tired of the snow. I've been surfing the net looking at property in south Florida. I'm thinking that maybe by next winter . . . now that I am a senior citizen, after all! LOL!

I'm sorry to hear about your DH's layoff. Hopefully he will find a good option in the near therm. What is his field?

In any case, I hope to see you on Saturday. If you can't make it we should plan to get together at Michael Timothy's or something instead.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
So for those of use who haven''t met any of you in person before, how shall we recognize you? Is there a secret Pricescope handshake that I''ll need to be taught?

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I do not know of any secret handshake. LOL! I have met a few of the ladies once before but I am not sure what to tell you other than look for the group of ladies that are looking at eachother's bling!

To find me you will want to look for either a red fox coat or a white parka with elaborate Chinese looking embroidery on the back and B's hanging off the zippers [I may take the subway - gasp - from Cambridge - hence the possible parka.] and a LV Small Ellipse handbag. I wear glasses and have below the shoulder medium brown hair, not too tall/short, not too fat/thin and am in my mid 50s.

Has anybody made a reservation under the name "Pricescope"? I guess that would help. Let us know.

Is it 12 noon that we are meeting at Fahita and Rita? I have never been there. Anything else we need to know?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Noon at Fajitas and Ritas. I don''t think they take reservations, but I don''t think they''ll be all that busy on a Saturday at lunch time. I''ll plan to be there a bit early, they open for lunch at 11:30. This is me for reference.

Steph and TJ 852.jpg

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 3:29:00 PM
Author: Kismet
So for those of use who haven''t met any of you in person before, how shall we recognize you? Is there a secret Pricescope handshake that I''ll need to be taught?
Hee hee - Kismet, you usually can pick the PS crowd out no problem.

We''re the very animated group of several women all sporting amazing jewelry!
9.gif

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 9:50:52 PM
Author: blinkydoll

1.gif

2.gif
Blinky - I''d say more like 10:30-ish.

Let''s meet in front of Texas Roadhouse....I''m in a black Toyota Highlander.

My pleasure. I''d be thrilled if you''ll bring your old cuts!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 5:04:23 PM
Noon at Fajitas and Ritas. I don''t think they take reservations, but I don''t think they''ll be all that busy on a Saturday at lunch time. I''ll plan to be there a bit early, they open for lunch at 11:30. This is me for reference.

OK, thanks! I''ll be the flaky looking old person [with either the red fox coat or the white parka - LOL!].

Thinking about wearing my EC instead of my RB. Do you think we will be going anywhere that may have possible settings for it?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blu, I''m sure the vendors will be falling over themselves to set your stone. And of course both your EC and your RB are welcome!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I think I''ll wear the EC. Not so sure that I want to be wandering around with other "stuff" unless there is a reason. I think most of you have seen my major pieces so the EC with the regular wear stuff should be good.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Very excited! Can''t wait to see you all!

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 5:32:31 PM
Author: Allison D.
Date: 1/21/2009 9:50:52 PM

Author: blinkydoll

1.gif

2.gif

Blinky - I''d say more like 10:30-ish.

Let''s meet in front of Texas Roadhouse....I''m in a black Toyota Highlander.

My pleasure. I''d be thrilled if you''ll bring your old cuts!

10:30 it is!
1.gif
I will prob be in my hubby''s Scion-purplish red-I''ll look for you. I will prob be wearing my Uggs
20.gif
- mostly bec i can''t STOP wearing them--lol and jeans and a gray coat.
I will be bringing goodies!
31.gif
10.gif

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 7:30:18 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
I think I''ll wear the EC. Not so sure that I want to be wandering around with other ''stuff'' unless there is a reason. I think most of you have seen my major pieces so the EC with the regular wear stuff should be good.

aww Blu--- I haven''t seen your stuff.
I''m excited to see your EC tho!
36.gif
and to meet you
21.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 7:30:18 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
I think I''ll wear the EC. Not so sure that I want to be wandering around with other ''stuff'' unless there is a reason. I think most of you have seen my major pieces so the EC with the regular wear stuff should be good.

Aww, I haven''t seen anybody''s stuff so feel free bring whatever you have. :)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
So we had a bit of a plumbing issue in the new house yesterday morning which resulted in me bathing from a pipe sticking out of our bathroom wall. In any case, the plumber came by yesterday and had to order a special part, which won''t be in until the morning. He''s hoping to be done fixing it in time for me to still make lunch, but if for some reason I can''t make it, you''ll all know why. I''m still 90% sure I can go.

I have plans in the afternoon, so I doubt I can stay for too long after lunch, but definitely want to see your bands, Hudson!

Looking forward to seeing all of you!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ladies,
Thanks for joining me today, I had a fantastic time!

hh

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2009 5:55:53 PM
Ladies,

Thanks for joining me today, I had a fantastic time!

hh

Thank you Hudson_Hawk for organizing the gtg!
It was fun!-- and your wedding bands are perfect with your e-ring!

36.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Great meeting all you lovely ladies face to face!
Thank you for a wonderful lunch and afternoon.
HH''s bands are so lovely and delicate!
Blue''s bling is extraordinary, and we all tried to steal Alj''s band and "tranny." Better luck next time
31.gif

Missed you Zoe! It will be awesome to meet you, NEL, and the rest of the locals in the future.
So much fun!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
It was great to see everybody and I loved the "goods" that were displayed. I have to say that you all have great taste!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results