shape
carat
color
clarity

Bored senseless... let's chat about upcoming projects.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I purchased this Meralani Mint Garnet that’s just under 7mm from Gene a few months back.
9519BC4B-78DC-4E8B-9766-F5E76BA5083D.jpeg

It usually takes me forever to decide on a stone setting, but when I saw this emerald ring on The RealReal, I knew it was the design I wanted for the mint garnet. My ring will be in white gold and I’m having it made with a split shank.
390EEA08-3020-4BD3-90D2-0408D815BD58.jpeg
52F95A49-512D-4153-B994-DDBA7A093657.jpeg

My setting is done and ready to be shipped! Once it arrives, I‘ll take it to my local jeweler to set the center stone. This winter seems to be lasting forever, so it’s very nice to have a floral ring in green to help look forward to the spring :D.
978C1A0B-D686-40B7-9743-CE80EFF38CF9.jpeg

My setting is done and ready to be shipped! Once it arrives, I‘ll take it to my local jeweler to set the center stone. This winter seems to be lasting forever, so it’s very nice to have a floral ring in green to help look forward to the spring :D.

Yippee!! I actually think it looks more sculptural than the inspo. Oh she's going to be a stunner.
congrats.gif

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock

Sorry if I missed it but who made the setting? It’s gorgeous!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the compliments @mellowyellowgirl @Autumn in New England @CaseyLouLou !!

@CaseyLouLou The setting was made by CaiMao Jewelry. They used to sell on eBay as JewelryHoo and LeeJewelry. I had purchased alot of my settings through them pre-pandemic, but at some point they decided to close their eBay stores. I recently emailed my contact Kyo and was able to order directly and then pay through a PayPal invoice, so it has worked out well!

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the compliments @mellowyellowgirl @Autumn in New England @CaseyLouLou !!

@CaseyLouLou The setting was made by CaiMao Jewelry. They used to sell on eBay as JewelryHoo and LeeJewelry. I had purchased alot of my settings through them pre-pandemic, but at some point they decided to close their eBay stores. I recently emailed my contact Kyo and was able to order directly and then pay through a PayPal invoice, so it has worked out well!

I have heard of that jeweler here before and people seem happy with the quality. How is the diamond melee quality? Would it be possible to share her contact info?

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have heard of that jeweler here before and people seem happy with the quality. How is the diamond melee quality? Would it be possible to share her contact info?
@CaseyLouLou they have standard melee and also upgraded melee. The upgraded melee are G-H/VS2 and they are white, clean and sparkly. There isn’t a huge price difference to upgrade the melee, so that’s what I’ve done since I realized that option was available. I will take a couple of pictures of the melee to share when the setting arrives, hopefully sometime this week!

Kyo’s contact email is [email protected]

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
@CaseyLouLou they have standard melee and also upgraded melee. The upgraded melee are G-H/VS2 and they are white, clean and sparkly. There isn’t a huge price difference to upgrade the melee, so that’s what I’ve done since I realized that option was available. I will take a couple of pictures of the melee to share when the setting arrives, hopefully sometime this week!

Kyo’s contact email is [email protected]

Thank you. I can’t wait to see your ring when it’s finished. It’s going to be amazing.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@CaseyLouLou The setting arrived and I took close ups of the melee, but I my camera is blurring the diamonds a little. I looked through my loupe at the diamonds and they are very clean!

CE700A7A-8056-48DF-866A-DE9087E780E6.jpeg

Here’s a pic with the mint garnet laying loose in the setting, just for fun :D 027453BB-3587-49B2-AE19-B7749F8C5D2B.jpeg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@CaseyLouLou The setting arrived and I took close ups of the melee, but I my camera is blurring the diamonds a little. I looked through my loupe at the diamonds and they are very clean!

Here’s a pic with the mint garnet laying loose in the setting, just for fun :D 027453BB-3587-49B2-AE19-B7749F8C5D2B.jpeg

That is beautiful and looks so well made!!! I like the control on the use of metal (so fine without big metal bits). Congratulations it's gorgeous!!!! Can't wait to see the stone set!!!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful and looks so well made!!! I like the control on the use of metal (so fine without big metal bits). Congratulations it's gorgeous!!!! Can't wait to see the stone set!!!

Aww, thanks!! This is the first time I‘ve had a full custom piece made by CaiMao, in the past I‘ve always used their designs. I didn’t make any adjustments to their cads and just let them go with it. I’m very happy with how it‘s made :))

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock

It looks amazing. How high does it sit on the finger? And what is the carat weight? I can’t wait to see finger shots with the stone soon.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Putting new rings on hold since gold prices are a little crazy. But going ahead with small project to set new ruby into an existing ring. No idea what I’ll do with the purple sapphire after that though.

E14700A4-14E1-4E4B-A34B-CF696FF59F8D.jpeg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@icy_jade has it gone up a lot since last year? I haven't done anything since last year but am alarmed to hear about how much it's gone up.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh good summary Icy! I can see that when I set my stuff last year it wasn’t too bad! It might come down again! Wait for a bit!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh good summary Icy! I can see that when I set my stuff last year it wasn’t too bad! It might come down again! Wait for a bit!

Yes am waiting for the tourmalines but doing this small project cos I really want to wear the ruby cos it’s such a beautiful shade of red.

Wriston has been sending pics of big stones and prices are terrible… he commented recently that he can’t find a 3 carat ruby for the same price that I got a few months ago any more.

It‘s so bad that I’m thinking that I need to retire from buying and just enjoy what I have (admittedly I have a lot). So glad I set a pile of stones before the pandemic.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks amazing. How high does it sit on the finger? And what is the carat weight? I can’t wait to see finger shots with the stone soon.

Thanks @CaseyLouLou ! It’s around 6.4mm high without the stone in the setting. The diamonds are 2mm each with a total weight of 0.56ct. I’m hoping to make it to my jeweler tomorrow to drop it off to have the stone set :)).

Thank you @Autumn in New England !! Are you still working out the details on your gorgeous autumn ring? I’m excited to see your design come to life!!

Aww thanks for asking! So I sort of put it on the back-burner while I was working on the heart ring, and now I still have a few other pieces ahead of it. I'm currently in search of an OEC to match one I already have, so we can make studs. After that, I think I'm going to set my red/cobalt spinels. That's going to be a fun one (I hope)!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Aww thanks for asking! So I sort of put it on the back-burner while I was working on the heart ring, and now I still have a few other pieces ahead of it. I'm currently in search of an OEC to match one I already have, so we can make studs. After that, I think I'm going to set my red/cobalt spinels. That's going to be a fun one (I hope)!

:love: Setting red and cobalt SPINELssseS !!! o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O
suzuki-nationals.gif

That is all.

toomuchB

Shiny_Rock
I scrapped the color change garnet earring project because the price quote for the setting setting went up almost 40% since I first discussed it with the jeweler and it doesn't feel worth it.

I am hoping to buy a 1cttw round Yogo sapphire pair which might be made into studs or perhaps side stones in a mens gypsy ring. I've been shown a couple options but the dealer may be able to source a finer colored pair.

This will be beautiful!!!! I've ogled at Billie Hughes' red and cobalt spinel ring for a long time... yours will be even better!

I tried very hard and very unsuccessfully to buy that ring, maru. It was sold before it was even listed. It's the only one I've ever seen to combine the 2 stones. Definitely an inspiration! I will go ahead and post my thread now, and hopefully get some opinions. I hope you'll chime in. :) Thank you!!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

OEC studs and a red and cobalt spinel ring sound amazing!! How exciting! :D

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock

How big will the OEC studs be?

How big will the OEC studs be?

My current stone is 1.24ct. and 7mm, so we'll be looking at about 2.50ct. total. I just had it certified, that way we'd have all the tangibles needed to at least match it on paper. But my first try pairing it was a fail, unfortunately, and now I'm concerned that finding its mate is going to be much more difficult than I initially anticipated. :roll2: Today I returned a stone to Ivy & Rose that looked so promising. The size, proportions, facet pattern, color, and clarity were all spot on. I was sure it was the one. You know what the issue ended up being? It would have been a perfectly fine match... but I simply did not like the stone. Apparently my current one is unusually brilliant for an OEC, and most are not. The new one looked dull comparatively. Anyway... I've started working with Adam of OWD. He thinks he has "the one." I'm less optimistic now, but we may give it a try next week. Thanks for asking and sorry for the book! lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results