shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Spinel Ring Is Ready

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Laurie, in my accident-fog I did not remember these close ups and that you asked about the rings. Frankly, you are a jewel person like me and I think because I already knew your ring would be a smashing success, none of this surprised me and I did not focus on your acquisition as much as I should have, and subconsciously I wanted to see these pictures again.

Please forgive me.

Do you really want my thoughts? Ok, the stone, the cut, the setting, and the use of yellow sapphires are superb, as are all of the design decisions. All who said your ring is perfect were not using hyperbole. This is, and easily, one of the most beautiful rings I have seen on Pricescope and indeed ever in my life. I love everything about it. Everyone reading this thread should observe. This is how it is done, when patience, skill, and wisdom result in exemperary design and craftsmanship, as well complete satisfaction.

:love: Enjoy!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its this stuff I miss when I'm away. Gorgeous ring. Michael e does some great work! :appl:

-A

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Danny & Arcadian. Imho there are such other beautiful rings & other pieces on PS that I honestly die of wistfulness, imagining what it would be like to wear them. This ring worked out more beautiful than I even hoped because Michael's work allows so much light into that gorgeous Roger-cut spinel that the entire stone is illuminated. But I've seen so many inspirational pieces here & marvelous design & work, guess that's what keeps us coming back!

--- Laurie

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's really really lovely! :love:

jezebelle

Rough_Rock
Love this! :love:

That shade of blue is stunning and the gold color just makes it pop! I adore blue stones in yellow or rose gold! Lovely!

ColoredStonesLady

Rough_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :lickout: That is a truly timeless & beautiful ring! I love the yellow gold & blue stone combo, but this is the best I have seen it done! Wear it in good health!! :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1322520334|3070318 said:
It arrived today!! :appl: :appl: Wow, it's SO nice. The setting is so tiny & delicate, I cannot imagine how Michael did it. My eyes cross imagining him setting the yellow sapphires into that thin shank! I love how graceful it is & how perfectly it shows the spinel, allowing maximum light to it from all sides. Chrono, it's 18K yg & yellow sapphires.

I had to come looking for the ring, JewelFreak! I saw it in your avatar, but didn't really realize you had a new ring until I saw Danny mention it in a thread in Jewelry Pieces (I think). I came here to Colored Stones figuring there must be a thread about it, and sure enough, by following along I got Chrono to ask my question for me! (I wanted to know what the yellow gold and the yellow stones were.) Nice job picking!!!! Was there an occasion for the ring, or just "because"?

Wear it in health and happiness!

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF
:read:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, CSL, Kenny & Jezebelle. I am so happy with the way it turned out. Deb, you too! I had the spinel sitting here for a year (a few others still sitting even longer, sigh, at the price of gold right now) & decided to do something with it. This might count as an engagement ring, I guess -- 30 yrs late. :naughty: :lol: When we got married we could only afford one wedding ring -- my mother gave me her 1/2-eternity diamond band from her 1st marriage (husband killed in WWII), or we would've been up a creek. Cigar bands, anyone? I've always been a CS nut, not so much for diamonds, & would rather have had nothing than an e-ring with a tiny chip that we could afford. Or maybe it is "just because." It's amazing how much more beautiful the spinel looks in a setting than it did un-set. Wish I had a 3-D camera to portray its cool blue depth!

--- Laurie

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so pretty and I love the delicate look. Despite having a large centre stone it really looks well balanced and the shank is to die for. The swoopiness is devine. Congratulations on putting together and lovely and unique ring.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, LD. It's a big enough stone that I didn't need a halo or side stones, also was concerned they'd cut out light & make the spinel look dark. I love the graceful meeting of shank & head too, though the downside is that it makes it so delicate I have to be pretty careful of it. Not an everyday, everywhere ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results