shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Spinel Ring Is Ready

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! The color of your spinel is so vibrant, and yellow gold is the perfect compliment.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laurie:

I'm driving myself mad (It doesn't take much) because every time someone posts, I think you have received it and have shots IRL. So, because I'm impatient, when do you expect to receive it? :appl: :wavey:

iambernard45

Rough_Rock
Trade
Nice spinel! it has very nice blue color. I just started collecting spinels, tried my luck getting from ebay and all the stones turned out to be very dark be it dark red, dark pink, dark purple. I will hunt for good color spinels in upcoming Shanghai show :loopy:

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
This is fantastic..nice color on that spinel

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
It arrived today!! :appl: :appl: Wow, it's SO nice. The setting is so tiny & delicate, I cannot imagine how Michael did it. My eyes cross imagining him setting the yellow sapphires into that thin shank! I love how graceful it is & how perfectly it shows the spinel, allowing maximum light to it from all sides. Chrono, it's 18K yg & yellow sapphires.

It's not a wear-every-day ring. Michael advised me that the softness of 18K and the small size of the prongs makes it vulnerable to damage & the stone becoming loose if it catches on something. (I lost a lovely green tourmaline from a ring once, gone for good, the day after a jeweler who checked it told me the setting was safe -- not a scenario I want to repeat.) Michael has offered help if it turns out to be a problem -- says he's "not leaving me out on a limb." I can't praise his work & ethics enough! Price was reasonable too. DH, who can barely tell a ring from a bracelet & doesn't care, even crowed, "That is spectacular!" I agree. :love:

Will try to get pics tomorrow! Thanks for all your compliments, everybody! I'm such a happy puppy.

--- Laurie

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
hurrrrrrrrryyyyyy!!! I am dying, just dying to see hand shots....... :love: :love: :naughty: :naughty:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I cannot believe you are making us wait until tomorrow for photos! :-o

Have you had this sadistic streak for long?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I keep on stalking this thread. Can't wait to see the ring.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous! I can't wait to see hand shots. It's simple, yet different and so classy!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! That is spectacular. I can't wait for the handshots!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks stunning cant wait to see real life pictures!!

Blue-Seeker

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful blue color. The yellow gold and yellow sapphires with the blue is a really rich combination. Can't wait to see the real life photos -- please!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Finally, got some photos. It poured in sheets & buckets the last 2 days so couldn't snap anything until today. You all know the impossibility of capturing the vividness & life of a stone in a photograph! :knockout: This spinel in daylight just speaks. All the credit goes to Roger Dery & to Michael E. for setting it so it gets maximum light, one of my main requests.

OK, so many pics you'll be yawning.

IMG_1142.JPG

IMG_1145.JPG

IMG_1159.JPG

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oops, didn't realize the photos would come out so big. Hand pics, of my chapped winter gardening paws:

Thank you all for your encouragement while this was happening & your very kind words (which Roger & Michael deserve more than I do!) afterwards. I can't think how a first custom piece could be a more enjoyable experience! :appl: :appl: :appl:

--- Laurie

P.S. I gotta change my avatar!

Ring2.jpg

Ring3.jpg

Ring5.jpg

Ring6.jpg

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness, it's lovely! Very delicate and elegant. What about pairing it with just the diamond band?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely worth the wait! Michael E, here I come!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh sorry, Laurie, the ring is STUNNING, STUNNING, STUNNING!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!!! Did he use a special 18K alloy, because it looks more buttery than other 18K I've seen, yum! :lickout:

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh so lovely and elegant. I love it. Such a nice design and wonderful cut and color and workmanship!!! Thanks for the pics, I kept checking and rechecking. :appl: :love: :naughty:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First of all - what a beautiful color! Vendors' photos are one thing, hand pics are usually more true to life and the color is stunning!
I love Roger's cut.
The ring is lovely, it is beautiful, the workmanship is great and the color of the gold is awesome!

Congratulations, and more congratulations!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.....

I love the swoopy profile, the rich contrast of the gold, and that incredible blue spinel.

Gorgeous! Congratulations :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everyone! When I saw that spinel on Roger's site a year or so ago, I hollered, "This is IT!" at (almost) any price. So glad I got it when I did; it would cost a fair bit more now. The amazing thing is how much more life & pure power it has in Michael's setting than it did un-set. Yesterday a friend sighed, "It's like looking into a deep blue pool," pretty good description.

--- Laurie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just perfect on your finger and I'm not complaining about the size of the pictures.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, this is just gorgeous! What a great stone, and the setting is definitely worthy of the stone. It's a stunning piece.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, my goodness, Laurie!!! That is really beautiful!!! :love: I don't come over here all that much and would have missed it except I saw your new avatar pictures and had to come see if you had made a thread! I hope I get to see it soon! :appl:

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
One of the most beautiful rings I have seen on PS!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everyone -- I passed your comments on to Michael E.

TL asked about the alloy -- Michael says it's an 18K Italian alloy that he gets from the people who do his model making. I don't think he knows what it is - "I tell them what I want & they do it," he says. It's a lovely color, whatever.

Re the photos -- came out well thanks to Crasru's easy-to-understand-even-for-me instructions on camera settings. I didn't touch them with photoshop, not even to sharpen. Somehow blue is not has hard to catch as green -- and I can't manage to take accurate pics of my copper/peach tourmaline, comes out looking like a cartoon.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I love it!!! Congrats, Laurie!!! :appl:

I love it best with the emerald/ diamond band.

I think these two look perfect together and part of why I do is the yellow/ green plus the way the spinel's prongs seem to float over the band. Yum!!!

I'm so happy for you, Laurie!!! :wavey:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Danny! :)) :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results