shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue sapphire + OEC cluster floral ring

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is probably my favorite sapphire and diamond ring of all time. It is stunning from the gorgeous color of the sapphire, the beautiful chunky diamonds and the incredible flower like setting. So much love...

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
This is probably my favorite sapphire and diamond ring of all time. It is stunning from the gorgeous color of the sapphire, the beautiful chunky diamonds and the incredible flower like setting. So much love...

Ditto! It's such a treat to see people's sparkly dreams come true!

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The glow and colour are out of the world! I love it!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Spectacular! Love the ring design and the beautiful sapphire!

Enjoy your lovely ring in good health!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
C10E0126-5B39-42BC-83B2-9E3698414C4E.jpeg

I remember being a pre-teen, going thru the huge Service Merchandise catalog. And making lists of how I would decorate my house someday. And my husbands wardrobe. And my kids clothes. And most of all - my jewelry. And tallying up how much it all cost. (How weird is that?) ( actually it’s embarrassing :) )
But I remember thinking if I could someday just have an emerald ring, a ruby ring, a diamond ring, and a blue sapphire ring.....i’d be pretty dang happy.
=)2

That is quite an enviable collection you have!! And I’d be over the moon if I have even one of your spectacular rings! Congrats on such an impressive jewelry collection❤️❤️!!

And just so you know, you weren’t the only one perusing Service Merchandise catalogues while daydreaming of your future life. I used to do the same, only mine were wet dreams about jewelry:lol-2::lol:. So happy your dreams came true :D ❤️❤️...wear in blingy joy and good health!!

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
That is quite an enviable collection you have!! And I’d be over the moon if I have even one of your spectacular rings! Congrats on such an impressive jewelry collection❤️❤️!!

And just so you know, you weren’t the only one perusing Service Merchandise catalogues while daydreaming of your future life. I used to do the same, only mine were wet dreams about jewelry:lol-2::lol:. So happy your dreams came true :D ❤️❤️...wear in blingy joy and good health!!

I think I ended up working at Service Merchandise in the jewelry dept as my first job because of that catalog! I had my whole house decorated too!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
How did I miss this ring???
Wow, just wow!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is spectacular! Such a royal look! Are you enjoying wearing it?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the kind words.
Very flattering :blush:

@Acinom
It’s a very easy wear- but hasn’t made a ‘public‘ appearance yet. =)2

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Can you...if it's not too much to ask, give us more photos?? I know there's a lot, but I'm pretty bored at times, and it is such a beauty.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you...if it's not too much to ask, give us more photos?? I know there's a lot, but I'm pretty bored at times, and it is such a beauty.

lol - I’ll see what I can do =)2
Thank you!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Damn girl!
It has an interesting glow @Rfisher. Is that fluorescence or silk or???

I’ll answer you here so I don’t muck up the other thread!
There is no fluorescence, it’s the silk /rutile needles (that contain titanium) that create that affect. Or effect? Brain is off.

this gif shows how the direction of the natural light entering the stone determines how much glow or scintillation shows. Although any natural light decreases the scintillation in this stone. I feel it’s plenty sparkly in mixed or other lighting. It is ‘overly silky’ but I like the moods.

Edit- can’t get the gif to attach. Will try later.

Last edited:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
A94E34D3-92FC-4557-9898-8A23F153A588.gif

I had to shorten it so much to get it to fit, it does go a bit more sparkly, but you get the idea.

She's a beauty!
A most interesting effect is silk! You've done a lovely job putting it all together @Rfisher. A real heirloom. Could I ask, and forgive me if it's rude, how much you paid for the stone alone?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's a beauty!
A most interesting effect is silk! You've done a lovely job putting it all together @Rfisher. A real heirloom. Could I ask, and forgive me if it's rude, how much you paid for the stone alone?

Thank you!
You are fine asking that question- I don’t mind. It was out for sale as a public offering, no secret deals - lol.
Here’s the original vendors description - as it has no lab report.
EDB097ED-FB8A-40A8-9AFB-072452FDE1C7.jpeg
But! I bought it secondhand on LoupeTroop -
I paid the asking price of 1100.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!
You are fine asking that question- I don’t mind. It was out for sale as a public offering, no secret deals - lol.
Here’s the original vendors description - as it has no lab report.
EDB097ED-FB8A-40A8-9AFB-072452FDE1C7.jpeg
But! I bought it secondhand on LoupeTroop -
I paid the asking price of 1100.
I LOVE that ring. I love that stone.
LOVE it.
Kay, I've decided- this may be my holy grail sapphire color!!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was admiring your sapphire setting on another post and had to see who made it. Funny-- that ruby ring you posted as inspiration, I have bookmarked it and adored it many times. Love your ring!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning setting :kiss2:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Thank you both - very much!

—Was a nice day for pictures —
C2AE2E21-A5A9-409A-BD48-73E861299D05.jpeg 4B20DDE2-4EC0-430F-8D8A-776CA27A6AC2.jpeg

I'll trade ya this maaaagic apple for your rings. *shuffles closer*
Doesn't that look good?

tenor (1).gif

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll trade ya this maaaagic apple for your rings. *shuffles closer*
Doesn't that look good?

tenor (1).gif

As much as I love apples, ol’Gran Stackhouse just told me that old witch lady just wants to steal my light!
:lol:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
As much as I love apples, ol’Gran Stackhouse just told me that old witch lady just wants to steal my light!
:lol:

Dammit, Sookie!

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wait, back it up a little please! Love that sapphire, but you mention the diamonds for this sensational ring came from an antique brooch? Do you have a picture of the original brooch? Did you know in hindsight that the diamond halo would fit exactly the size center sapphire? This is totally unreal! Truly a match and grail ring! Let’s hear more about the OEC brooch, share pics, and if you had the diamonds rehabbed...etc...did CVB take apart the brooch for you? Please give us more scoop on this!
-C4C :pray:

Last edited:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait, back it up a little please! Love that sapphire, but you mention the diamonds for this sensational ring came from an antique brooch? Do you have a picture of the original brooch? Did you know in hindsight that the diamond halo would fit exactly the size center sapphire? This is totally unreal! Truly a match and grail ring! Let’s hear more about the OEC brooch, share pics, and if you had the diamonds rehabbed...etc...did CVB take apart the brooch for you? Please give us more scoop on this!
-C4C :pray:

47943C24-2468-4252-8CDF-CE46AD0E56ED.jpeg 5CB1C93D-9ADB-4F9A-BEDC-29C153A81496.jpeg B351DF6A-0482-4C14-9291-EEA975533675.jpeg 25453C99-50E6-45B9-B46A-726E411528E1.jpeg
It was a shot in the dark when I bought the brooch if they were really going to fit well around the sapphire. The mockup pictured above is my guessing from the Etsy listing brooch measurements. The diamonds from it received no rehab. I think I got if for an great price for authentic antique cuts.
CVB’s bench took the brooch apart, and she said the octagon cup (faux bezel) around the sapphire helped them fit around as well as they do.

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Rfisher I am truly impressed!! Dang! Thank you so much for sharing! Oh my goodness, I’m gonna faint. That ring was meant to be and the diamonds in the design Caysie did for you executed perfectly!
-C4C
47943C24-2468-4252-8CDF-CE46AD0E56ED.jpeg 5CB1C93D-9ADB-4F9A-BEDC-29C153A81496.jpeg B351DF6A-0482-4C14-9291-EEA975533675.jpeg 25453C99-50E6-45B9-B46A-726E411528E1.jpeg
It was a shot in the dark when I bought the brooch if they were really going to fit well around the sapphire. The mockup pictured above is my guessing from the Etsy listing brooch measurements. The diamonds from it received no rehab. I think I got if for an great price for authentic antique cuts.
CVB’s bench took the brooch apart, and she said the octagon cup (faux bezel) around the sapphire helped them fit around as well as they do.

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is just stunning. You have a fabulous coloured stone collection!! One day, I too will aspire for a ruby... an emerald... and a sapphire ring haha

I was so intrigued by your ring I went back and read, then reread your entire original thread on the creation of this ring. Which leads me to ask... is it ok if I speak to Caysie about a reiteration of the first version of this ring? The more elongated nature of that one speaks to me... and I’ve had my round blue sapphire and a set of OMCs sitting with her for over 2 years(!) now unset... I would be asking her to make some tweaks and alterations to the design, but the elongated/star shaped floral halo is exactly what I was hoping for...

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just stunning. You have a fabulous coloured stone collection!! One day, I too will aspire for a ruby... an emerald... and a sapphire ring haha

I was so intrigued by your ring I went back and read, then reread your entire original thread on the creation of this ring. Which leads me to ask... is it ok if I speak to Caysie about a reiteration of the first version of this ring? The more elongated nature of that one speaks to me... and I’ve had my round blue sapphire and a set of OMCs sitting with her for over 2 years(!) now unset... I would be asking her to make some tweaks and alterations to the design, but the elongated/star shaped floral halo is exactly what I was hoping for...

Oh gosh-yes Go right ahead!
I can’t wait to see what you come up with. :love:

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you!! I didn’t want to be rude about copying your design so I promise there will be some tweaks- but both versions are just so beautiful!

I also wanted to say, that your emerald cab ring is TDF. I remember when you first got it made, and to this day I still look out for emerald cabs. That ring also stuck with me and I just adore it!!

PS is such an amazing place where we can share our love of jewels... and get inspiration for how to best set our own!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!! I didn’t want to be rude about copying your design so I promise there will be some tweaks- but both versions are just so beautiful!

I also wanted to say, that your emerald cab ring is TDF. I remember when you first got it made, and to this day I still look out for emerald cabs. That ring also stuck with me and I just adore it!!

PS is such an amazing place where we can share our love of jewels... and get inspiration for how to best set our own!

Oh shush!
There’s nothing unique about it. Do some tweaks or choose not to. Choose to do what really will make your heart sing every time you wear or just look at it!

I am interested to hear more about your stones - you already have them?

I agree PS is a great place to share and get inspiration from.
and appreciate you asking, even though you don’t ‘have‘ to.
It’s been awhile, but basically being told I wasn’t well known enough around here to be given that consideration they and others stated as a necessity for themselves and their friends here - still makes my eye twitch. Maybe I’ll grow up someday.

Thank you for the kind words about the emerald heart ring. It’s pretty special as my first solo attempt at tweaking CADs to get just what I envisioned.

Can’t wait to find out where this project will take you! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results