clarity

Blue Nile purchase: EC, 6 carat, I VVS1

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
OMG!:clap:

MrsKBP

Shiny_Rock
We need more details!!! It's gorgeous!

I was at Hoffman Diamonds looking at stones and I saw a ring sitting off to the side. He had just gotten it in but hadn’t even cleaned it or anything yet and it looked it.

It belonged to the wife of a prominent local jeweler. It was his second wife and much beloved. He custom made it for her... he is since deceased and it came into Hoffman’s possession.

When I saw the setting I knew it was handmade and when I heard he story I knew it was for me. Everyone in these circles knew of them and his adoration for her. I too am a second wife so it really hit me and it didn’t hurt that it’s so equisite. :love:

MrsKBP

Shiny_Rock
The wedding band that has the milgrain goes back to the jeweler. I decided to go with the baguette band and then replicate the band I lost but in all diamonds and platinum. Attached is a photo of what I lost. 055A833B-8822-451E-A259-1E8489517FEF.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was at Hoffman Diamonds looking at stones and I saw a ring sitting off to the side. He had just gotten it in but hadn’t even cleaned it or anything yet and it looked it.

It belonged to the wife of a prominent local jeweler. It was his second wife and much beloved. He custom made it for her... he is since deceased and it came into Hoffman’s possession.

When I saw the setting I knew it was handmade and when I heard he story I knew it was for me. Everyone in these circles knew of them and his adoration for her. I too am a second wife so it really hit me and it didn’t hurt that it’s so equisite. :love:

I'm so thrilled for you!!!!!! Amazing find, great story, and it was totally meant for you. Yay!!!!!

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I LOVE this!! I am becoming more and more crazy about squarish emerald cuts every time I see one, and this is simply breathtaking! What a great story, and now you don’t have to do the long a search for the perfect diamond, you have it right now! @Blingalingaling Take a look at this stunner! It definitely looks like Dorit’s dimensions- close to it:love:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new ring is beautiful! I am happy that you found what you were looking for and more. It looks gorgeous on you :love:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
92FB4971-1FE2-44BC-8ABA-4165E376FF09.jpeg ABD9194A-F179-4387-8AAE-0C5785809FE1.jpeg Okay....left curve! I bought a ring....and I adore it!
6.33 H, VS2 (no flouresence) flanked by 1.2 trapezoid and .40 baguette on each side set in a handmade platinum setting.

I told myself as I went on my search to be open minded and not worry too much about the paper, ratios, etc. I’m sure this is as squatty as it gets since it’s a square emerald. I knew I gravitated towards Asscher shape and a short emerald so it feels good to verify it in person!

It won’t be for everyone and of course a coworker told me she “hates” trapezoids” when she saw the ring! So funny. I’m happy and that’s what counts!

So thrilled.

Wow what a show stopper!!! :love::love::love: I think it looks fabulous on you and as long as you're happy, that's all that matters! Congrats!!

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I. JUST. LOVE IT!!! Pure and simple!!! Wear it in good health and enjoy every single minute!!! :kiss2: Swoon!!! :love:

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I LOVE this!! I am becoming more and more crazy about squarish emerald cuts every time I see one, and this is simply breathtaking! What a great story, and now you don’t have to do the long a search for the perfect diamond, you have it right now! @Blingalingaling Take a look at this stunner! It definitely looks like Dorit’s dimensions- close to it:love:
Wow!!! STUNNING!!! I totally agree!!! LOVE!!!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE IT. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE. It is phenomenal. And wtf - who doesn't like trap cuts? Your coworker is cray cray.

LOVE. And the story behind it, and the suitability for you, is perfection. WOW.

AV_

Ideal_Rock

Wonderful stone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
92FB4971-1FE2-44BC-8ABA-4165E376FF09.jpeg ABD9194A-F179-4387-8AAE-0C5785809FE1.jpeg Okay....left curve! I bought a ring....and I adore it!
6.33 H, VS2 (no flouresence) flanked by 1.2 trapezoid and .40 baguette on each side set in a handmade platinum setting.

I told myself as I went on my search to be open minded and not worry too much about the paper, ratios, etc. I’m sure this is as squatty as it gets since it’s a square emerald. I knew I gravitated towards Asscher shape and a short emerald so it feels good to verify it in person!

It won’t be for everyone and of course a coworker told me she “hates” trapezoids” when she saw the ring! So funny. I’m happy and that’s what counts!

So thrilled.

Stunning!:kiss2:
And heart stoppingly beautiful. Congratulations and it was meant to be.:appl:

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
What an exciting and unexpected turn of events!! That ring is so stunning... absolute perfection!! :love:

NightOwlInCanada

Rough_Rock
Whoa!! I can't believe how much money some people here have... Good for you OP! =)

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s breathtaking!! I concur: coworker is green with envy!!! Wear that beautiful honker with pride & joy!! It was meant to be!!
Congratulations!!
More photos, please...from every angle possible!!! :lol-2:

MrsKBP

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE IT. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE. It is phenomenal. And wtf - who doesn't like trap cuts? Your coworker is cray cray.

LOVE. And the story behind it, and the suitability for you, is perfection. WOW.
it doesn’t have to be for everyone...but it’s right for me but yes...cray cray!

MrsKBP

Shiny_Rock
80952CBB-7ABD-4AA0-AD10-CBC461DDC99B.jpeg
Whoa!! I can't believe how much money some people here have... Good for you OP! =)
We paid a little more than what I wanted but well worth it. I absolutely love it. Yes, it’s expensive but also fairly relative. I have a platinum Rolex that pairs beautifully with it; it was a wedding gift. ...but yes, it’s kinda nuts isn’t it?!

MrsKBP

Shiny_Rock
There is not one thing I don’t love about your ring! It’s fabulous! And as far as the co-worker... I bet about 99% if people have no idea what diamond traps even are... outside of this community of course! That was a jealous comment for sure
Our rings are sister rings!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
80952CBB-7ABD-4AA0-AD10-CBC461DDC99B.jpeg We paid a little more than what I wanted but well worth it. I absolutely love it. Yes, it’s expensive but also fairly relative. I have a platinum Rolex that pairs beautifully with it; it was a wedding gift. ...but yes, it’s kinda nuts isn’t it?!

The ring is so yummy!

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
6ABB3108-3819-4BDC-8BE5-09E193C1AD9E.jpeg

So thrilled.

Absolutely stunning ring! :kiss2:
And I can’t help wonder if that’s a Portuguese Water Dog in your avatar @MrsKBP ?
We have two of them. =)2

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock

If this was not a bargain, I can see why it should not ever be a bargain. Great choice! =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results