shape
carat
color
clarity

Blood in urine

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Do you walk in a shopping centre
Once i worked just outside north city plaza in Porirua and got quite friendly with the ladies in a custome jewlery shop
a tiny sliver of a shop - the same size as a Wendy's ice cream counter
They had two on at busy times but open and close was just one lady so
they used to call over a mall security guard to watch the counter while she dashed to the loo

I work in a terminal for a ferry company:)
I'm going to ask the terminal manager to make hourly visits so that I feel safer and so I can hydrate and eliminate properly.
This is so frustrating D, put the kettle on I'm heading over! We need a proper chat.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I work in a terminal for a ferry company:)
I'm going to ask the terminal manager to make hourly visits so that I feel safer and so I can hydrate and eliminate properly.
This is so frustrating D, put the kettle on I'm heading over! We need a proper chat.

I'll have you a cup of tea and a long glass of water ready !
Its summer almost so some lemon in the water ? I like to make lemon juice ice cubes

i sincearly hope the terminal manager is sympathetic and accommodating towards what is a basic human right

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Docs office called. Being referred to a urologist. Anxious as heck.
Come on kidney stone, come on kidney stone...:(

Sending good wishes your way!

DK :))

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Don't stress about it. Chances are it was a kidney stone, at the same time you don't want to miss something more sinister. Cystoscopy to get a good look and you won't have to worry about the what ifs

Right??
I had a cytoscopy years ago and know the drill. My anxiety is flaring anyway with covid so panicking a bit. It's a good opportunity to work on that I guess.
Grateful they're checking it out, but nervous as heck.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Docs office called. Being referred to a urologist. Anxious as heck.
Come on kidney stone, come on kidney stone...:(

Never in my life have i before wished a kidney stone on anyone before now and you Begonia
Its good your doc is onto it
Unlike A&E and that horrible nurse

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Never in my life have i before wished a kidney stone on anyone before now and you Begonia
Its good your doc is onto it
Unlike A&E and that horrible nurse

Thanks girl. Me too.
Grateful to have the care, just wish I didn't need it? Gonna have to start meditation again, been meaning to. Not sure what I thought, that I was gonna get thru life without hiccups LOL??

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks girl. Me too.
Grateful to have the care, just wish I didn't need it? Gonna have to start meditation again, been meaning to. Not sure what I thought, that I was gonna get thru life without hiccups LOL??

You'll be fine
Try to stay positive and 'love' the kidney stone ;)2
Its good you havn't had pain
Hopefully just a wee bump in the road

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
You'll be fine
Try to stay positive and 'love' the kidney stone ;)2
Its good you havn't had pain
Hopefully just a wee bump in the road

Will do. Self love and care is such good advice. Thank you D :)
I did have some lower left (under the ribs) pain that morning. Sharp and intermittent, and then some above public bone. 5 hours later the blood showed.
Maybe I passed a small one? I haven't been drinking enough (now I am). Not sure if there could be a correlation. Hoping for that!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you increased anything like black tea, tums antacid, or vitamin c consumption within these COVID times?

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Have you increased anything like black tea, tums antacid, or vitamin c consumption within these COVID times?

Hmmmm. No to vitamin C and black tea, but more gaviscon lately due to Gerd (Nerd). Also I've not been drinking enough water for about 3 weeks while at work. Long story but dehydrated a fair bit. I have alow thirst drive and have to encourage myself to drink the glass of water and not just sip.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Update. Had my cystology exam at the hospital today. Lovely lady urologist, just a peach of a gal. Nothing to worry about in bladder. She is slightly annoyed at the locum for not ordering a blood test (creatinine) and ultrasound of my kidneys, but that's been ordered now. So far, nothing scarey to report. That's good! Relieved so far.

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
Update. Had my cystology exam at the hospital today. Lovely lady urologist, just a peach of a gal. Nothing to worry about in bladder. She is slightly annoyed at the locum for not ordering a blood test (creatinine) and ultrasound of my kidneys, but that's been ordered now. So far, nothing scarey to report. That's good! Relieved so far.

Wonderful, now to a very happy relaxed holiday ❤

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
just keep drinking plenty of water dear Begonia
very happy your bladder is good, as im sure your ultra sound and blood test will be too

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
just keep drinking plenty of water dear Begonia
very happy your bladder is good, as im sure your ultra sound and blood test will be too

Oh D, thank you for that! Bit of an anxious gal as you've probably guessed. From your lips to God's ears!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh D, thank you for that! Bit of an anxious gal as you've probably guessed. From your lips to God's ears!

its perfectly understanable to be worried about blood in wee

please inform your body for future reference regarding mental wellbeing a global pandemic is not the time for mind games (or kidney stones) or anything else for that matter !

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
its perfectly understanable to be worried about blood in wee

please inform your body for future reference regarding mental wellbeing a global pandemic is not the time for mind games (or kidney stones) or anything else for that matter !

Hahahaaaaa! Right???
Will do D!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahahaaaaa! Right???
Will do D!

covid 19 had bugg**** up everything this year
even here, were we never had many deaths (still too many) or many cases and life hadn't changed too much its put all this pressure on the health system because they cancelled all that non essential non urgency surgery
and people stayed home too scared to go to the doc or hospital when they should have
now there is this huge catch up going on

After getting such excellent emergency treatment last year Gary's eye troubles have been twice lost in the system this year when there is a perfect good eye consultant at Wanganui hospital who can fix them in a 45min procedure

i think, no matter what that bit## nurse said you 100% did the right thing going in to A&E that morning

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stumbled across this is the "New Posts" window. We are a month into this and there is no imaging of the urinary tract? Is that right? I'd be annoyed, too.

I don't know your age or family history or if you are a smoker or on ASA or anticoagulation (or what country you are in) so this is not medical advice but one would generally do a triple-phase CT or something similar. Ultrasound is often not enough. And it could certainly be a kidney stone that is now long gone. If it's being chalked up to that, though, one would typically test blood and urine for modifiable predisposing factors.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
covid 19 had bugg**** up everything this year
even here, were we never had many deaths (still too many) or many cases and life hadn't changed too much its put all this pressure on the health system because they cancelled all that non essential non urgency surgery
and people stayed home too scared to go to the doc or hospital when they should have
now there is this huge catch up going on

After getting such excellent emergency treatment last year Gary's eye troubles have been twice lost in the system this year when there is a perfect good eye consultant at Wanganui hospital who can fix them in a 45min procedure

i think, no matter what that bit## nurse said you 100% did the right thing going in to A&E that morning

Sorry to hear about the hold up with Gary's eye issue. Covid has taken slow health care systems and made it worse. At times I just want to say let's drive over to Wanganui and knock on his door and refuse to leave until he's treated. That wouldn't work sadly but it's what we want to do. Or at least I do.

I resent paying big salaries and pensions for execs and corporate, but I don't resent putting money into health care where it belongs. Sigh. Waiting for assessment and treatment is a huge stressor and impacts people's lives negatively.

Thanks D. I want to think all nurses are amazing but that one sure was nasty and tried to shame me. I have no patience for shaming in most situations.
No good comes of it . Hopefully she does a helluva job despite her bad energy. First do no harm tho. I'll try to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Stumbled across this is the "New Posts" window. We are a month into this and there is no imaging of the urinary tract? Is that right? I'd be annoyed, too.

I don't know your age or family history or if you are a smoker or on ASA or anticoagulation (or what country you are in) so this is not medical advice but one would generally do a triple-phase CT or something similar. Ultrasound is often not enough. And it could certainly be a kidney stone that is now long gone. If it's being chalked up to that, though, one would typically test blood and urine for modifiable predisposing factors.

Good to know! 54, nonsmoker, nondrinker, on no meds, no chronic health issues (altho osteoporosis). Canada. I did have a urine culture but no blood test. I think the urinologist is ordering up an ultrasound for now as my risk factors are low, but she did mention CT as well.

Urinologist was confused by the locum's approach to this point. So hard to advocate for yourself when you don't know what needs to be done, ya know?
I'm glad that she (and you :) ) are weighing in on this.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear about the hold up with Gary's eye issue. Covid has taken slow health care systems and made it worse. At times I just want to say let's drive over to Wanganui and knock on his door and refuse to leave until he's treated. That wouldn't work sadly but it's what we want to do. Or at least I do.

I resent paying big salaries and pensions for execs and corporate, but I don't resent putting money into health care where it belongs. Sigh. Waiting for assessment and treatment is a huge stressor and impacts people's lives negatively.

Thanks D. I want to think all nurses are amazing but that one sure was nasty and tried to shame me. I have no patience for shaming in most situations.
No good comes of it . Hopefully she does a helluva job despite her bad energy. First do no harm tho. I'll try to give her the benefit of the doubt.

that's Begonia
We'll get there
At least we have a new American doc who can do this kind of cataract surgery

And anytime you need it Borris has that evil little paper bag ready for anyone in the health system who treats you like that ever again !

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Update* Going for a CT scan with contrast on Wednesday. Maybe to see if it was a kidney stone and if there are more? Nothing since the initial event so hopefully just a weird blip of a small stone? Drink yer fluids! Water that is...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Update* Going for a CT scan with contrast on Wednesday. Maybe to see if it was a kidney stone and if there are more? Nothing since the initial event so hopefully just a weird blip of a small stone? Drink yer fluids! Water that is...

Best of luck Begonia

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good luck! Sounds like whatever caused it isn't anything serious, which must be a huge relief!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Good luck! Sounds like whatever caused it isn't anything serious, which must be a huge relief!

Thank you :)
Hoping it was a small stray stone. Hoping. Not excited about going into a hospital but grateful that I can when so many have no care.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results