shape
carat
color
clarity

Bling Wish List 2021

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my list, updated for 2021. I probably won't get around to it all in one year though:

1) work on pearl collection- condense, re-string, upgrades, etc.

2) sell or give away other jewelry that I no longer wear

3) small Tahitian stud earrings

4) silver and cz tennis necklace

5) silver and cz special occasion dangle earrings

6) lab diamond, moissanite or cz stud earrings in non-flimsy wg prong setting, 2-2.5 ctw

7) lab diamond, moissanite or cz stud earrings in non-flimsy yg halo setting, 2ctw

8 ) new setting for e-ring, with larger v-prongs and in smaller ring size

9) one complete ring, or two nice stones (mined or lab) to be set as funds allow

10) costume, sterling or cz "fun" jewelry

11) possibly have diamond set into bangle bracelet this year

12) jewelry box/es

13) new safe

14) new safety deposit box

15) Upgrade shield ring w better diamonds
My list for 2021 is bridged from 2020 as I left it so long.
in the works
The sapphire set into the diamond Ballerina setting.
The iolite bar brooch put onto/ into a necklace.
A Moissanite ring and diamond ring guard sized so I can wear them.
A yellow sapphire ring resized so I can wear it.
to follow (so far)
Putting the white sapphire in the Blue sapphires mount, if it fits.
swapping gold watch bracelets over on 2 vintage watches.

Thanks for reminding me I have silver CZ stuff to list on Loupe Troop:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I dunno, I don't like to make jewellery lists.....LOL takes all the fun out of being spontaneous. I like to go somewhere and be surprised, excited, then grab it!

That said, I love my new Tiffany True band (rose gold) that I am very tempted to the the platinum one. And those dishy (handmade) Spinel earrings I saw at my favorite shop....:cool2:

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. I’m upgrading my ACA from 2.78 I VS2 to either a F or G VS1 or 2...It will probably be larger too...depending on what’s available...It will be set into a temporary setting until I know what I want...If only it was that simple! Haha

2. Possibly selling my cushion halo and antique step cut baguette halo. I’m not sure about selling Libby. If the ACA is as nice as she is I may sell her.

3. I‘m having a lab blue/gray sapphire cut by Stag & Finch to set in my previous tapered baguette setting.

4. If I can’t bring myself to sell Libby I will have her set into an oval clasp bangle.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

I dunno, I don't like to make jewellery lists.....LOL takes all the fun out of being spontaneous. I like to go somewhere and be surprised, excited, then grab it!

That said, I love my new Tiffany True band (rose gold) that I am very tempted to the the platinum one. And those dishy (handmade) Spinel earrings I saw at my favorite shop....:cool2:

cheers--Sharon

What color are the spinels @canuk-gal?

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I have a short list and some of it is already sorted...kind of.

1. Tiffany hardware ball bracelet. I bought one last week - but I'm not convinced I like it! So I'm flip flopping between keeping and returning it.

2. A semi custom Whiteflash DBTY. Ordered start of December so hoping to have it in hand for the middle of January.

3. A band that sparkles. It's a big birthday this year so I'm planning an eternity-ish ring of either ACAs or CBIs.

The list may be short but that won't stop me spending hours browsing!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Looking to have a flower or snowflake diamond station bracelet to go with my new diamond bangle for a big birthday and 40th anniversary. Excited to start designing.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pinkish to red---set of three , ovals, per earring. Each color of stone blends into the other set, below, it.... Set in brushed rose gold.

Oh my...They sound lovely!

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
2020 ended up being a very big “bling” year for me, so my 2021 wishlist is pretty simple.

Just a few rose gold & diamond bands

6563062E-D48E-4180-8134-ACB8F274E173.jpeg
2mm Rose Gold Single Prong Band
1.5mm Rose Gold Channel Band
1.3mm Rose Gold Shared Prong Band
Rose Gold Woven Band

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a lot of pink/red spinel rings that I don't wear because I am afraid of chipping them. So..........why not a beautiful pink/red gem that won't chip easily? I am considering this lab red diamond. I could see it surrounded in a halo of diamonds.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not @Austina but here is a photo. It's lovely. :love:

diamondboloaustina.jpg

Ooooh! It’s beautiful! It matches Marilyn? I love the heart in the center. That matches your pendant! Colin is a keeper! I keep forgetting your right hand ring name @Austina...Sorry! I would love to see it with your marquise...:kiss2:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
If I can even do anything in 2021, which might not be feasible this year because we have to fix a couple things in our home first. But if I can I want to flat out replace the basket in my ring. It's an old wonky estate piece and I suspect it just cannot hold anything straight anymore. Fixing it would be my only goal this year.

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
Love this idea!

1. Purchase an emerald for the remake/reuse of my grandmas pendant into a ring, using some of her old diamond in the setting. Goal for the year is emerald, setting and finished product!

2. Set ascher citrine in yellow gold cocktail ring.

3. Set Amethyst - possibly in silver?

4. Set tiny green sapphire (pink ring? rose gold?)

5. Set Welo opal (with peach sapphire melee halo? ring?)

6. New diamond 3/4 wedding band, white gold, milgrain

7. Take "coral" to jeweler (from in laws) to see if it is real

8. Help MIL resetting her diamonds from her first marriage

9. Keep educating myself and updating my 5-20 year wish list... imperial topaz, pad sapphire, tsavorite, yellow diamond, vayrynenite, grandidierite.....

KiloSierra

Shiny_Rock
Premium
They say if you envision and write things down, you’re more in-tune with yourself to achieve these goals! :kiss2:

2020 was a hot garbage explosion, so I’m shifting everything into the new year!

* 17” Tahitian pearl strand (dabble in pearls more in general)
* 3ct’ish tennis bracelet
* starter studs for our two daughters
* 2.5ct 5-stone RHR

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finish my bday ring. It's a process.
A pair of everyday WG / diamond earrings. Probably VCA.
Some cool fun necklaces and pendants.

Will be a mostly mellow year. 2020 was a year of major bling therapy.

MelanieParrn

Rough_Rock
Trade
In an attempt to survive this pandemic, I hang out in the workshop all day. I hope that in 21 years I was able to calmly go outside, well, at least the work went! x)

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
4 ctw Colorless MRB Lab Diamond Studs.
Something I would wear probably 5 days out of 7 in the week. Everytime I want to buy something jewellery like for 1000 USD I remember that I need to focus my bling money to my one bigger Stud goal (:

asterismdispersion

Shiny_Rock
I had to stretch my mind considerably to think of an entire year after this past year has concluded.

Set 1 or 2 of my star sapphire cabochons in rings.

Find the right garnet, to match some garnets and citrine I already have, for a brooch/pin.

Put a little Welo opal into a pendant setting.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I spent quite a bit on bling in 2020, due to Covid, and not shopping/traveling etc. I thought I didn't need anything else, but it is now April, 2021 and getting the itch to get some more bling.

1) Earring Jackets for my diamond studs
2) French Cut eternity band
3) Engraved platinum band
4) Heart shaped diamond pendant

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I spent quite a bit on bling in 2020, due to Covid, and not shopping/traveling etc. I thought I didn't need anything else, but it is now April, 2021 and getting the itch to get some more bling.

1) Earring Jackets for my diamond studs
2) French Cut eternity band
3) Engraved platinum band
4) Heart shaped diamond pendant

5) I want a diamonds (MMD) by the yard necklace too!

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
I am finally having a shared-prong diamond bangle made.
Have been drooling over one for decades :blackeye:
Need to decide on diamond size, I know it has to be at least 0.20ct each.
I want it to be in RG with WG prongs & baskets but the craftsman said he could only make all in RG & plate the latter into WG.
Will the plating last?

I have mostly setting/resetting plans for this year after spending 2020 not buying any bling:

- set my inherited stone into a blingy RHR: holdover from 2020 so not counted in 2021’s budget as I saved the money in 2020 for this project

- turn this meenakari pendant I bought for a song into a ring

- dip/plate a sentimental YG band to RG if possible: I’ll keep it as YG if it isn’t, but I thought it would be an inexpensive way of getting an RG band since I already have a YG band

- finally buy a pair of long multicoloured stone earrings with a little asymmetry (in the colours perhaps). I want something very delicate.

- have slowly fallen in love with OECs - it’s all PS’s fault - and am keeping an eye out for a ~1ct stone for an everyday pendant if I can find one. I think I’ve finally decided that it is a good staple to have. I want to buy one that I’ve seen in person with my own eyes so it’s going to be tricky. We shall see if I get around to this as this is a good to have rather than a must have.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my Bling Wishlist for 2021, with a mix of items that are realistically achievable and some that are lottery-worthy:

1. To set some of my nicer CSs, the first on the list being the EC Aquamarine with step cut Morganite traps by Jeff W, then the Asscher cut blue Zircon also from him.

2. To set a pair of 6mm OEC Moissy as interchangeable drops for my existing tiny diamond huggies.

3. A pair of small D-shaped huggies with diamonds or lab/MMD that I can wear on their own.

4. A larger pair of diamond jackets or lab/MMDs for my near 1cttw G/H VS studs.

5. A diamond or lab/MMD or Moissy oval bangle in White Gold.

6. A DBTY bracelet in diammond or lab/MMD or Moissy in White Gold.

7. A strand of blue Tahitian pearls in 13-14mm range.

8. A Paraiba Tourmaline Cabochon.

I still have a few jewellery items to complete for 2020, however, they are unlikely to be ready this side of 2020.

In addition, some of my previous lottery-worthy dream items have been realised by lab or simulants, such as a medium blue Asscher cut Sapphire (by Gary), and 5ct Moissy heart pendant. Hence they have been taken off from the list for 2021.

Wishing 2021 a much better for us all, in fortune, prosperity and longevity.

DK :))

It's that time of the year to reflect what I had achieved from my bling wish list for 2021, and to decide on next year's wish list.

1. Did not happen as the package was stuck in transit for nearly 7 months, now safely returned to me. Therefore, I shall set some of my nicer stones next year.

2. Did not happen as the OEC Moissanites were in the same package as 1. above and got stuck in transit. So they will be set early next year.

3. Not done, however, I have started to make enquires.

4. Not done, however, I have started to make enquiries, most likely to be Moissanites than lab/MMD though.

5. Not done.

6. Not done.

7. Not done.

8. Not done.

Pants this year for blings due to the package being stuck in transit for 7 months.

Hopefully 2022 will be a much better year!

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results