shape
carat
color
clarity

Bling Bling Cell Phone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Mara you did a terrific job on your phone! It is just adorable. I would love to do my daughter''s phone that way. I''m afraid I would be too hard on mine and the crystals would come off.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
That''s pretty cute. I don''t think I''d do my cell, because it takes too much abuse and I don''t think there''s any glue that would keep the crystals permanantly stuck to my phone. But I have seen that done before, and it looks nice. I''ve actually been thinking of doing that to my laptop! But I think I''d go blind before I finished gluing all the crystals to it...lol. How many thousand crystals would it take to cover a laptop, anyway?

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
It looks great! I don''t think I''d have the patience to do it but you did an awesome job!!!

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
HA! ROFL!
Only you could get away with blinging out your phone!
It looks way cute too! (I agree that Sprint has no cute phones right now, when are they gonna get on the ball and get some pink ones in?)

E6000? I used that incredibly sticky and extremely permanent stuff on ALL of my Interior Design projects in college. Did you get a contact high from the fumes?
emsmileo.gif
I used to make beaded boxes and used tacky glue. I never thought to use E6000. Great idea, Mara!

Thanks for posting this thread, I have definitly gotten a laugh this morning

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
he he! Everyone is gone for a week and I have an old phone....from when I had Sprint. (Service was lousy couldnt get calls in my old dorm or my parents house) Since saxon play with it when she is pretending to be the president I think I am going to do this for her. I just have to find a local craft shop which carries such things, since I am about 1300 miles from the one I normally buy from.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jen, you have to have a blinged out cell phone, come on! With all your diamonds, it would go fabulously!

Mata, too cute about your sister..I think doing her phone is a very cute idea.

I think everyone should have a blinged out cell or laptop or PDA or the like. It was alot of fun to do it myself and a good afternoon or two project.

Oh and Jorman the E6000 was not too bad in terms of the contact high...my friend had warned me it would sear off my nostril hair but nothing so dramatic happened, it was not that bad at all!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
This is AWESOME!!!! What a great idea!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2005 6:43:13 PM
Author: Matatora
Bling Me Out this place seems okay too. Though I wonder how diffrent are these kits then hitting the craft store? I have bought Swarovski crystals there before and the E600 glue....is there some sort of super special applicator that gets included? I was thinking an orange stick would work.
Damn I am all over Siam.

I kind of wish my phone wasn''t already red!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, that looks like so much fun! I''ve actually thought about doing that before, but always hesitated... I should''ve done it while I had an old one! I dont know if I want to try it out on my own for my new phone, we''ll see....
1.gif
Yours is awesome though, even though that little part where it flips isn''t covered, I think its fine, did you look on your friend''s to see how the professional lady handled that area?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blue, my friend has a Motorola, I don''t know how her flip works exactly but I think it may open up with an open space in the middle, whereas mine is solid. So I think that is why hers is covered all the way and mine was not able to. I would love a Motorola but Sprint doesn''t support them anymore. I have gotten spoiled with my big window/screen area on the front so I can see date/time/message/who''s calling etc without opening it up.

Oh and if someone is thinking of having it done professionally but doesn''t want to pay an arm and a leg, the gal who did my friend''s and her friend''s and mom''s is
www.icandybykimcole.com. She does it for about $100 for front and back of the phone. She also sells faceplates for those phones who have them. The $100 is for putting the crystals directly onto the phones. She also has two crystal sizes. Mine is the 4mm which is the standard for the crystals, but my friend got the smaller ones this time around (2nd phone) to see if she liked it better, I think they are 3mm or something similar. She got the Light Rose the first time around and now tried the Rose. Loved them both. I have heard from a few people that they feel that the larger 4mm crystals reflect more light than the smaller.

In comparison, NYC Peach does alot of the celebrities and it''s something like $300-400, ridiculous considering how much it actually costs!

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I would never have the patience for this
23.gif
- you did such a great job. It looks fab.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
ROFLMHO!!!!

You are the Bling Bling Queen, my friend!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
I LOVE what you did with your phone! Good job!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lynn

PS Let us know how it "holds up", OK?

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Mara! You did a great job. It looks fantastic.

I''ve always wanted to bling out my cell, but never got around to it. I was afraid I would mess up and end up with a partially blinged out phone. That would look weird. Anyway, I got a pearl white Motorola phone now, so no need to bling it out, it''s already really nice and attractive because of the shine color.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Mara---how fun! Your phone looks great--I love the light sapphire crystals on the grey phone. You did a great job applying them as well.

Is the phone comfortable to hold in your hand/to your ear or a little scratchy? I can only imagine the sparkle when you''re holding it in your left hand!! Blinding!
10.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/7/2005 5:47:07 PM
Author: Mara

Oh and if someone is thinking of having it done professionally but doesn''t want to pay an arm and a leg, the gal who did my friend''s and her friend''s and mom''s is
www.icandybykimcole.com. She does it for about $100 for front and back of the phone.
Just an FYI if someone else is thinking of contacting her, I did for an estimate and she emailed back saying due to serious illness she is not currently accepting any orders.

Ohhhh well, that just means I might have to be creative on my own.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow I wonder what happened to her?! I know she was swamped before so maybe she had to take a break!

I also checked out crystalicing.com I think and another online place (found through Google) that does them for around $100-120. Though I don''t know anyone who has used them personally.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Allright I asked my little what color she would want...and she said she wants her whole name on there. It is ******* ****** ***** *****.....that is a lot of letters. Any thoughts?

jewelgirl

Shiny_Rock
Gosh , Mara, you sure are crafty!!!! I don''t think I could have the patience to do something so precise!

It is soooooo pretty, though!

I have seen lots of mags with celebs sporting those crystal phones, didn''t know that they were available to "regluar poeple" like us :)

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, not sure... I'm assuming if she was swamped with orders she would've given me a timeline, however she said due to a serious illness she was not accepting orders. I'll check up later or just give it a try on my own. I havent been too crafty lately so it might be fun!

Matatora, what if you just put her first initial? Or if you can squeeze it, her three initials? I think the entire name would be pretty difficult! You're such a nice sister, I only have younger brothers, I don't think they'd want their phones to sparkle
3.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Her names which is actually quite lovely is a wee bit odd. She got the leftovers of people in the family since she was the last child. I worry about posting her name, but since she is four I hope she doesnt mind. We call her Saxon so maybe just that. (THat is the thired word in her first name...I know we are odd.) I want her to pick becuase I think decisions like this which are not too important in the over all scheme of things will help her be more decisive as she gets older. I asked her about just an "S" but our last name starts with an S and she thinks our brother might think it was his...beucase all 12 year old boys want to play with an old cell phone covered in crystals.
3.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
hehe, too cute Matatora. I bet my little sis (she is 14 though) would love a blinging cell phone too!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mata...I think putting Saxon would be awesome...

BlingSpot, the crystals aren''t scratchy...the phone is just a bit heavier. It''s kind of cool!

JewelGirl..I never would have thought of it myself if my friend hadn''t done it first.
2.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
WHOA!!! Not everybody can pull off this bling, but you go ahead, Mara
11.gif

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
My husband and I just got new cell phones a few weeks ago (matching ones, ain''t that sweet?
30.gif
). We''ve usually had different styles in the past, and I was worried that we''d get our phones mixed up. Blinging out my cell phone would have solved that problem, but since it''s new, and since I''m lazy
9.gif
, and I was afraid the blinged out phone wouldn''t fit into the cutsie little leather purse thingy I bought to go with it...I didn''t want to do the entire phone. So, I got a small bag of clear Swarovski cyrstals and made a little flower shape on the corner or the front of my phone, right near the little window that shows the date and time thingy. It looks really cute, and it makes it easy to tell our phones apart now. So, if there are people who don''t want to go to the time and expense of doing their whole phone, you can just make some sort of design or initials or something out of crystals. I even saw some packages of crystals that had little designs already preshaped and pre-glued that you can just stick on your phone. That way you can change designs from time to time if you want to. I found them at Hobby Lobby, and they only cost a couple of dollars for a package of crystals.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results