shape
carat
color
clarity

Bling Ban 2019! Who is with me???

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:twisted2: Ok guys. I don’t even want to tell you how many rings (of varying price points) I bought during 2018. It was A LOT. More than 10 and less than 40? Don’t make me count! :lol:

So I’m on a ring ban. I’ve committed to buying a ring setting, so I’m making ONE exception for 2019... but other than that, nada! (At least, that’s the idea...)

I spent 2018 not buying clothes, so I think I can do this. Who is with me? :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am tentatively trying but I cannot commit to anything.

Right now I am trying to make it through January...................

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t think of anything I want this year, so I’m with you on the wagon :lol:

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have major renovations necessary to our house after it being rented out for many years while we were living it up overseas. No bling funds for me for 2019 unless I want to look for a new husband. I am on the wagon with you

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm with you. Wish I wasn't, because my ban will be 5 years probably.:eek2:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There really isn’t anything I want at the moment. I’m having a ring reset because the setting was damaged but other than this I can’t think of anything else I would want. There are only a couple of pieces of jewelry I wear often.

I feel your pain @pearaffair. Rings are my downfall as well.

I knew @stracci2000 was a kindred spirit the day she posted her box of rings LOL.

If my hands looked younger I would have David Kloss make a slightly smaller version of this ring. I think it would be too large for my finger the way it is. It seems crazy now as I no longer have pretty hands. @redwood owned this ring for a while.

ruby_ring_1.jpg

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm aiming to get married this year so I'm going to be trying to sell a load of stuff and cut down on purchases. Not that I have bought a lot of bling in 2018 anyway... :P2

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, post all your new stuff so we can see, I suppose I could search it!

It could be a bling ban if the stock market keeps going down!

I've nothing in the pipeline to buy but I am giving my diamond 1.00Ct studs to my son for the birth of his baby girl in April!

Never say never.. but I don't see much for me this year!

:twisted2: Ok guys. I don’t even want to tell you how many rings (of varying price points) I bought during 2018. It was A LOT. More than 10 and less than 40? Don’t make me count! :lol:

So I’m on a ring ban. I’ve committed to buying a ring setting, so I’m making ONE exception for 2019... but other than that, nada! (At least, that’s the idea...)

I spent 2018 not buying clothes, so I think I can do this. Who is with me? :bigsmile:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:snooty: I'm out, 40th birthday in February and still waiting on my Fiona pendant.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
@Tekate does your son wear earrings too? I've asked my son if he wanted to pierce his ears and he looked at me in horror. But he's only 9 though.

Good luck on the bling ban everyone! I can't since I just started buying bling:P2 I still "need" diamond studs, to reset my diamond solitaire necklace, reset my wedding/ER rings and maybe a diamond bracelet:twisted2:

I need to stop buying clothes though, I only wear the same 10 pieces year round. Darn those gorgeous instagram petite models! I have to remember that although we may be of similar build/height, clothes hang on me differently. I confess I just bought a green coat from JCrew this morning. It was on sale:roll2: and looked gorgeous on the model:roll2:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have more than one box..........:lol-2:
No ban for me. I am always on the hunt, and I never know what will come my way!
Same! I rationalize that I. An always sell off my other pieces and Call the new purchases an upgrade!

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m definitely on ban island.

In 2018 I bought an AVR and had it set in a ring I already owned but I liked it so much I bought a matching eternity band. Then I found a 5 stone OEC and bought that as I’ve been obsessed with having a 5 stone for years. Then I saw this amazing antique emerald and diamond baguette ring and had it set with a 9mm moissy because I thought it would take me years to find a 9mm OEC I could afford and like. Then THE ONE showed up and I bought a 9mm OEC and had her set in a solitaire. (No logic here). :confused: While I was at that a 5 stone AVC became available and I bought that too.

So now I’ve decimated my savings but I have some gorgeous bling. :love::love::love:

I would love an OEC pendant and earrings, but for the next year or maybe 5, I’ll be living vicariously through you guys.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new flooring and furniture is definitely cutting in to my bling budget so I'll try to join your ban. At least until I pay myself back anyway. :D

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
60th birthday in April. That would be hard!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My son would never ever ever wear an earring (he's 31 hon) 9 is so much fun with boys enjoy enjoy!! miss those days, but do like the persons my sons have become.

My son does like when I give him my jewelry for his wife!

@Tekate does your son wear earrings too? I've asked my son if he wanted to pierce his ears and he looked at me in horror. But he's only 9 though.

Good luck on the bling ban everyone! I can't since I just started buying bling:P2 I still "need" diamond studs, to reset my diamond solitaire necklace, reset my wedding/ER rings and maybe a diamond bracelet:twisted2:

I need to stop buying clothes though, I only wear the same 10 pieces year round. Darn those gorgeous instagram petite models! I have to remember that although we may be of similar build/height, clothes hang on me differently. I confess I just bought a green coat from JCrew this morning. It was on sale:roll2: and looked gorgeous on the model:roll2:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha. No way. I finally paid of my debts and am earning and saving enough to indulge in bling so the hunt continues!

I do have a general rule of thumb though of selling off things I don’t wear before I get too many new items. I was super active this year in part because I sold off so many things and “upgraded” to things I wanted and would wear more often.

I could easily do a no new clothes, shoes, purse ban!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I've bought a bunch of beauties this year :oops2: and am capping it off with a big project, of which I will be posting shortly. Like @MakingTheGrade, I can continue, and have been on, a no new clothes, shoes, purse ban. But I wear a uniform to work, so that's easy. I might be on a ban next year too....unless I find something too irresistible. :P2

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nup.

:mrgreen2:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've bought a bunch of beauties this year :oops2: and am capping it off with a big project, of which I will be posting shortly. Like @MakingTheGrade, I can continue, and have been on, a no new clothes, shoes, purse ban. But I wear a uniform to work, so that's easy. I might be on a ban next year too....unless I find something too irresistible. :P2

Oooo. Big project!?!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Yes'm....I'm typing it up now. I've been told RT is the correct forum so it'll be there in a bit. =)2

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I need to join the bling ban club. Looking at PS and Loupe Troop is too tempting!!! But my house needs some work so I should be sensible. Granted, I’m not buying crazy expensive things but I went overboard in 2018 for sure!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results