shape
carat
color
clarity

Bling Ban 2019! Who is with me???

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What’s that they say about making only promises you intend to keep... :twisted2:

paperunicorn

Shiny_Rock
I'm trying to pay off all my debts (student loans, etc) this year but I'm also at antique stores a LOT for my vintage clothing business so uh, never say never.

I also asked my partner for something nice for our anniversary this year since he didn't get me anything last year for my 30th birthday OR our 10th anniversary...don't get me started on that. But I hope he follows through. We'll see. He has other good qualities. :lol-2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not planned to buy anything except to set some of the CSs I already have, and have set a limit to 3 modest rings for everyday wear.

DK :))

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Been on the wagon for years for my kids' education, braces and vacations.:cry2: But it does not stop me from looking. I love window shopping and picking out favorites from any display. I try to identify stats on diamonds such as color, clarity and weight and mentally criticize poorly cut or set baubles. In my head I play games such as "Pick out the most expensive.", "Pick out the worst diamond.","Pick out the best colored stone.", and "If someone gave me one item free which would it be?". It is fun and for me satisfies the urge as I can still admire jewelry(just like looking at pictures in posts on this site). I do not waste a jeweler's time by asking them to show me something or pieces to try on. I can get a good enough idea from the safety of the locked cabinet. IMHO, if you try something on you maybe unable to resist temptation. The more you walk away the easier it becomes. Being on the wagon does help against impulse or less than ideal purchases and makes one appreciate what they have and what they will wait for. I will join pearaffair's the wagon train!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Done with bling for a long time. My kids are into a lot of expensive sports and I need to finish home renovations. DH just gutted our master bedroom and bath. I have bought the tile- can't wait till it's done!!

IMG_2311.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been on a bling ban for a loooooong time now... but I keep buying things... um... *by accident*...

Cuz, yanno, it's an *accident* when you...
... stalk a vendor's site and look at "your" stone video One Millllllion Times...
... trade a hundred text messages, emails and calls with that vendor...
... fly to New York "just to look" at the stone in person...
... buy it (!?!?!)...
... go to the ends of the internet and back looking at design ideas...
... talk to every designer that has a good PS rep...
... pick one and go through the CAD process...
... watch the video of the finished piece TWO Millllllion Times while waiting for the delivery...
... welcome the delivery guy with open arms...
... spend the next many hours/days/weeks taking pictures to post so everyone can share in the joy...
... and then Do It All Over Again six months later with another stone...

So... Yeah... that's *accidental*... right?!

Boy... this bling ban is making me BROKE!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never been on a bling splurge in the first place to ever justify a ban :boohoo:

Husband doesn’t think I need anything else. A bling purchase is a major big deal for him. Major. He is generous in many ways & when he has bought me bling, it has been absolutely beautiful. But i’m not at liberty to buy myself jewellery whenever I choose. He is the breadwinner & I work only 10 hours a week to fit around the girls schooling & give me something to do that’s just for me.

So yes, i’m fully (but not through choice!) onboard :nono:

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sadly, I'm going to have to put myself on ban island for at least min. 7/8 mths. I need to complete a couple projects that have taken way too long & should have been completed in the fall. My brain & my nerves need to recover.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Hi, my name is Bron357 and it has been 1 day since I last bought bling.
Yay me.

I'll join in on the Jewelry-Gemstones Anonymous ....

Hello Everyone, I'm TheGarnetGirl, and It has been 4 days since my last purchase.
Im trying to stay strong but, YELLOW GOLD PEOPLE! YELLOW GOLD IS MY METAL THIS YEAR!
What am I kidding....yeah I'll never be jewelry buying-free. I see gems and jewelry pieces like lost children that fate somehow swings my way and its my duty to make finances work to love them. Come to mama everyone!!! I'll love you forever!

*& Dont worry I'm a self aware weirdo*

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am purchasing a RHR in the next couple days, and am on the lookout for the perfect wedding band to wear with my new engagement ring, but other than that I am on a ban for a while.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha I love all you guys! We'll see how long I last but omg it is a struggle.

I really went overboard last year, and also I'd like to save up a nice pile of money... to buy bling in 2020 ;-) so it would be good if I could just appreciate what I have!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha I love all you guys! We'll see how long I last but omg it is a struggle.

I really went overboard last year, and also I'd like to save up a nice pile of money... to buy bling in 2020 ;-) so it would be good if I could just appreciate what I have!
We need to start a support group! Although I don't know how well that would work as it's very much the blind leading the blind.

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really NEED to be on a ban. My bank account needs me to be on a bling ban. 2017 and 2018 were big bling years. However I am considering resetting my new stone and thinking of changing up my canary too....so....I can promise nothing at the moment.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I NEED a ban. But also just called GOG this morning to confirm an OEC solitaire...three weeks after getting a Steven Kirsch halo in hand...while simultaneously emailing a vendor about a ruby...but this one (the GOG call!) is a gift! For my mother!:oops2: If its for my dear mom then it doesn't count, right? That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :twisted2::mrgreen2:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We need to start a support group! Although I don't know how well that would work as it's very much the blind leading the blind.

Hahaha I know, right?

I NEED a ban. But also just called GOG this morning to confirm an OEC solitaire...three weeks after getting a Steven Kirsch halo in hand...while simultaneously emailing a vendor about a ruby...but this one (the GOG call!) is a gift! For my mother!:oops2: If its for my dear mom then it doesn't count, right? That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :twisted2::mrgreen2:

Well for me... helping other spend their money on bling is fine, and any repairs/resizes/etc is ok for me. It’s about not adding to my collection, appreciating and using what I have, and also... saving up!

Also I can’t wait to see the SK halo ring!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does it count if I ordered it in 2018 but it arrived or is completed 2018? :p

Cause if those are the rules I may stand a chance.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm aiming to get married this year so I'm going to be trying to sell a load of stuff and cut down on purchases. Not that I have bought a lot of bling in 2018 anyway... :P2

Ok... I may have proved myself wrong.
Found a lovely amethyst necklace in the antique shop when I went to pick my e-ring up from repair. :love:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2017 and 2018 were crazy bling years for me. I bought so may pretties. The unfortunate thing is that I realize I just don't wear much of it. I love my ering and two or three wedders. My five stone right hand ring is quite possibly my favorite piece I own. I have 3 pendants and a dbty necklace that I wear a lot. And of course my studs. But the rest of my bands, rhrs, and bracelets just sit there. I doubt I will buy anything for a few years. Someday I may upgrade my ering to a 4ct ACA and my studs to 2ctw ACAs, but for now I really need to sell stuff off. I'm too lazy, lol. And I just can never get past how much I paid!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was with you- I swear I was. Then a Tahitian pearl necklace and bracelet came into my life. Can we start the bling ban in February?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a JuliaB ring being made...but technically it doesn't count because I paid for it in December 2018 :D

Different story about the moissy studs I'm currently having made...and the rose gold DBTY I'm planning for my birthday. Oops.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Unless lightbox gets some 1 ct rounds going I can do a new bling ban!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m with you, on day 12 of the bling ban, 353 days to go!!!!:whistle:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results