shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Blackpaw's Emerald Cut Engagement Ring

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement and such a gorgeous classic ring!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that is just gorgeous! My favorite setting for an EC, so classic! You can rest assured this will never go out of fashion! I love it, congrats and enjoy this beauty!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful - so classic!

bleeblue

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! :appl:

I love EC diamonds and your ring is so beautiful and classic :love: It's what I would want if I ever get the opportunity upgrade!

Wear it in good heath and I hope it gives you many years of enjoyment!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again everyone :wavey: ive always loved this setting, ever since i saw grace kelly's, it seems so timeless =)

Miss Stepcut my apologies, i meant to add that my ring size is 5 3/8. I could probably have gone down to 5 1/2 or even 5 1/4...

Now if only i could get a shot that doesnt make my fingers look stumpy :tongue:

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring, the size and proportions are perfect. Congratulations!

:love:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone and elegant ring! Congratulations!! :appl:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Oh Blackpaw, that was so worth waiting for! Just lovely. What a fabulous size as well! That is a forever ring. :bigsmile:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring! One of my favorite style for an emerald-cut stone!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Begonia|1316452459|3020716 said:
Oh Blackpaw, that was so worth waiting for! Just lovely. What a fabulous size as well! That is a forever ring. :bigsmile:

Thanks Begonia :wavey: now where are YOUR ring pics? i just went and checked your posts to see if id missed it but i havent :cheeky:

Would love to see it =)

oh and do you know i realised you're on Van Island, im in Alberta and im going to Victoria for the first time in a few weeks - any recs?!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I know, I know, gotta post pics. Just been one darn thing after another. I've forgotten how to post them, and then I tried to take some pics with our old digital and apparently it is rocket science to take good shots of diamonds. Then my hands looked so old, along with crappy shots, I kinda got bummed. Why is it our hands look older in photos? Seriously, mine look ancient. :blackeye:

Hmmm recommendations? Not really you know. I would say do a little of everything. We have some lovely parks beside Butchart Gardens (which everyone goes to and ignores some of the nicer spots like Sooke Potholes). Thetis Lake is nice to walk around and only 1.5 hours around upper and lower. Maybe try Saltspring Island on a Saturday, as their market might still be running. Not much in the way of diamond shopping here I'm afraid. The pawn shops are not worth looking at either. What are you interests?

ps. I was born and raised in Alberta. Moved away at 24. :bigsmile:

chicagogirl6

Rough_Rock
stunning! congratulations!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Begonia|1316581391|3021953 said:
I know, I know, gotta post pics. Just been one darn thing after another. I've forgotten how to post them, and then I tried to take some pics with our old digital and apparently it is rocket science to take good shots of diamonds. Then my hands looked so old, along with crappy shots, I kinda got bummed. Why is it our hands look older in photos? Seriously, mine look ancient. :blackeye:

Hmmm recommendations? Not really you know. I would say do a little of everything. We have some lovely parks beside Butchart Gardens (which everyone goes to and ignores some of the nicer spots like Sooke Potholes). Thetis Lake is nice to walk around and only 1.5 hours around upper and lower. Maybe try Saltspring Island on a Saturday, as their market might still be running. Not much in the way of diamond shopping here I'm afraid. The pawn shops are not worth looking at either. What are you interests?

ps. I was born and raised in Alberta. Moved away at 24. :bigsmile:

Alberta hey?! i moved here from Australia 3 years ago now. Love it, hope we can stay =) mostly im just super excited to go whale watching, ive got a thing for orcas and am hoping to see them (i refuse to see them in captivity so ive never seen one at all in real life). And im doing the half marathon there as well so that will take up some time, but ill look into those gardens as i like outdoorsy stuff, though i imagine ill be too late for the flowers?

and yes what IS it with the hands looking so bad in pics?! my fingers look crazy stumpy (and hairy!) :nono: diamond photos are tough, but i would try outdoor, dont use zoom just put the camera up nice and close, and yes try to get it in the sun if possible...

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the tips about taking pictures, I'll try that. Mum always told me to use rubber gloves when washing, but do you think I would listen? :lol:

Glad you love Alberta. I hope you can stay too.

Blackpaw, I know it is thrilling to think about seeing the whales up close, but those boats often stalk the whales. There are are people working to come up with some laws to protect them further. I believe there are some guidelines about how close the boats can get, but that doesn't stop them from following them. Sometimes there are several boats all zooming around a pod, as they will radio each other when they spot the whales. It is quite disturbing to watch (at times) for us locals. Just something to think about...

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
oh really? ;( i assumed it would be regulated being in BC...i hate that kind of thing, its why SO and i gave up a few experiences here and there on our travels because we thought they were unethical (diving with great whites for one)....

Oh wow im really disappointed, i LOVE orcas and had wanted to see one so bad. Thanks for the tip though, i would hate to put such beautiful creatures under stress.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Perhaps you can contact some whale watching operations and see what their methods are. Like all things, perhaps there are some that are doing the watching more sensitively than what we've seen. I'll ask around and see what I can come up with for you as well. There may be some smaller outfits that will take you on a tour, and will respectfully watch the whales from a distance. Let me check. :wavey:

I used to work on an island and would travel back and forth every day. We used to see the pods occasionally and a few times we saw really large gray whales (I'm not sure if they were Gray whales, just that they were gray :tongue: )

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
O. M. G.

Hello Gorgeous where have you been all my life!

Perfect size amazing color and fabulous clarity all with a fabulous cut! And in my favorite three stone setting... the man is a rat bastard but he makes amazing three stones!

It's perfect on your hand. Such a classic piece. You will NEVER get tired of it.

Congrats honey! I read your proposal story too. Lovely! Wear it in the best of health!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
BTW until you get a US... I find an old toothbrush BOILING water and some dawn goes a long way. I boil some water (microwave) then put some dawn in a big cup, then pour the water in so it dissolves the dawn and then put my ring in and let it soak for 5 minutes or so. Then I fish it out with the toothbrush and give it a good scrub. Put it back for a few more minutes. Take it out and scrub it again. Then pour the water from the glass over it. Then rinse it again with hottish tap water and dry it with a pillow case (hey it's the best cotton in the house, why not?). THEN I grab the alcohol and swap the crown facets of the asscher.

I do it about once a week. But when I first got my ring I would wash it everyday obsessively.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Classic ring!!!!! It is goreous!!!! :love:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
"O. M. G.

Perfect size amazing color and fabulous clarity all with a fabulous cut! And in my favorite three stone setting... the man is a rat bastard but he makes amazing three stones! "

Gypsy you are killing me here! :lol:

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1316679049|3022765 said:
O. M. G.

Perfect size amazing color and fabulous clarity all with a fabulous cut! And in my favorite three stone setting... the man is a rat bastard but he makes amazing three stones!

It's perfect on your hand. Such a classic piece. You will NEVER get tired of it.

Congrats honey! I read your proposal story too. Lovely! Wear it in the best of health!

Haha! love it :love: thanks Gypsy, im a big fan of your set too :appl: :wavey:

and do you know what? he IS a rat bastard!!! but im sure ill get to that later ;))

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1316679527|3022766 said:
BTW until you get a US... I find an old toothbrush BOILING water and some dawn goes a long way. I boil some water (microwave) then put some dawn in a big cup, then pour the water in so it dissolves the dawn and then put my ring in and let it soak for 5 minutes or so. Then I fish it out with the toothbrush and give it a good scrub. Put it back for a few more minutes. Take it out and scrub it again. Then pour the water from the glass over it. Then rinse it again with hottish tap water and dry it with a pillow case (hey it's the best cotton in the house, why not?). THEN I grab the alcohol and swap the crown facets of the asscher.

I do it about once a week. But when I first got my ring I would wash it everyday obsessively.

Oh and thanks for this, ill give it a try tonight :wavey: ill have to use our new sheets, SO will love watching me do that :bigsmile:

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Begonia|1316663880|3022652 said:
Perhaps you can contact some whale watching operations and see what their methods are. Like all things, perhaps there are some that are doing the watching more sensitively than what we've seen. I'll ask around and see what I can come up with for you as well. There may be some smaller outfits that will take you on a tour, and will respectfully watch the whales from a distance. Let me check. :wavey:

I used to work on an island and would travel back and forth every day. We used to see the pods occasionally and a few times we saw really large gray whales (I'm not sure if they were Gray whales, just that they were gray :tongue: )

Thanks so much for this, Begonia :wavey: ill do some research too and see what i come up with! fingers crossed there's a good option, if not im sure ill be able to fill the time =)

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement, Blackpaw! :appl: :appl:

And your ring is WOW! Absolutely stunning! I can't stop looking at your pictures! :love: :love: :love:

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Chiquitapet :wavey: im going to add to the pic overload - couple more handshots for centralsquare...they're not the best but one day ill work out the secret to proportional handshots!

Oh and BTW, a few people at work now jokingly call the ring MY PRECIOUS, and ask me all the time how the precious is doing, and then pretend they're stroking a ring on their finger - apparently pricescope has driven me mad :errrr: :bigsmile:

P1240554.JPG

P1240568.JPG

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These new shots make me :love: :love: even more! With a ring like that, honor it by posting more pics up!
(Note to self - use the DESKTOP not the LAPTOP b/c all the drooling my short out the laptop...! :lickout: )

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Perfect looking ring. I love EC since that is what I have! LOL

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Krisvrn, thank you!

Pintobean you crack me up :bigsmile: i too have caught myself, mouth agape, about to drool on the keyboard as i admire some Pricescopers bling :wacko: thanks so much for the compliment, im really in love with my precious :love:

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats ! Your ring is beautiful :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results