shape
carat
color
clarity

Black spots on Plat? Looking for opinions/advice please.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, that was so nice of Adam!

@nala...Truly, my jewelry from Caysie is outstanding and speaks for itself. Newbies are welcome to judge based on that.
Perhaps bc you are ok with black spots of compound on your pieces? Or is it bc she makes sure that her voice on ps is always pleased? And so you always have good things to say?
Tell me, would you be ok with loose prongs? With bad customer service after you brought up an issue?
Have you stopped to notice that OP hasn’t even posted a SMTB thread? How terrible is that? She avidly posts everywhere. Imagine how terrible her experience has been for her not to take joy in that?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
::)
Hi @SimoneDi, as you know we finished your ring for our partner (setting the stones and polishing). That "black stuff" is just polishing compound caught between the diamond and platinum. If you loupe that area you"ll see that it looks like a tiny piece of burnt debris. You can use a can of compressed air (to blow it out) or a soft brush with dish soap and it will fall right off. I apologize for not having seen it before sending it off to you. We did not design the ring and only set the stones and polished it as a favor to the designer to expedite it and get it finished quickly for you since we knew you would be in NYC. I'm happy to email you an overnight Fedex label (fully insured) so that you can send it back and we will have it professionally cleaned and re-polished. Let me know and we will send the shipping label right away.

Okay, so obviously @oldworlddiamonds is the vendor who finished this ring... and not CVB. Until OWD came forward with this post, why were we led to believe that it was CVB who left polishing compound on it? Having issues with a product/vendor sucks, but acting like they were responsible for something they were not is being dishonest... at the expense of CVB. I’m very disappointed now that this info has come to light. Uncool. ::)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps bc you are ok with black spots of compound on your pieces? Or is it bc she makes sure that her voice on ps is always pleased? And so you always have good things to say?
Tell me, would you be ok with loose prongs? With bad customer service after you brought up an issue?
Have you stopped to notice that OP hasn’t even posted a SMTB thread? How terrible is that? She avidly posts everywhere. Imagine how terrible her experience has been for her not to take joy in that?

But Adam says it was he who left the black spots on. Adam from Old World Diamonds, not CVB. He would like to fix it.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But Adam says it was he who left the black spots on. Adam from Old World Diamonds, not CVB. He would like to fix it.
I’m baffled. What are you talking about? Does CVB not do her own work? Is she more dishonest than we thought given that was banned for shilling?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala Simone told Caysie her ring had a loose prong and Caysie obviously expedited the remaking of it, and we just learned she even sent it to Adam at OWD to finish and reset so it could be as fast as possible. I am sorry but I don't see what else she could have done up to this point!

Edited to add...and Caysie is one of the most kind and honest people I know. And just so you are clear, Caysie is a ring designer. She has bench people who fabricate the rings and jewelry. She and Adam do some partnering, and he kindly helped Caysie get the ring to Simone quickly by having his bench finish the ring.

Last edited:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala Simone told Caysie her ring had a loose prong and Caysie obviously expedited the remaking of it, and we just learned she even sent it to Adam at OWD to finish and reset so it could be as fast as possible. I am sorry but I don't see what else she could have done up to this point!
How about priotizing OP and doing the work herself to guarantee her satisfaction. If she outsourced her work, her name must still stand behind it.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
::)

Okay, so obviously @oldworlddiamonds is the vendor who finished this ring... and not CVB. Until OWD came forward with this post, why were we led to believe that it was CVB who left polishing compound on it? Having issues with a product/vendor sucks, but acting like they were responsible for something they were not is being dishonest... at the expense of CVB. I’m very disappointed now that this info has come to light. Uncool. ::)

@msop04 A few things;
1. CvB’s team finished the setting
2. OWD did both Caysie and me a favor to set my stones because I did not want to ship her and have her bench work with my stones and was traveling to NYC.
3. In my short time of communicating and working with OWD, they have been nothing but courteous and extremely prompt. I didn’t even want to bring them up because I don’t fault their team for anything and I would gladly return to them as a customer. I can’t say the same about CvB.
4. CvB is the owner of this ring and any and all concernes are addressed to her and nobody else.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m baffled. What are you talking about? Does CVB not do her own work? Is she more dishonest than we thought given that was banned for shilling?
Hi @nala :wavey: thanks for your support! This was an exception to accommodate my request not to ship my stones. CvB created the setting. OWD set the stones. The responsibility still falls on CvB.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So the black polishing stuff is from Adam's bench. Ok. Why the Caysie bashing? This thread is about those black spots. Why is it NOW about a refund? Am I missing something???

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don’t understand what you are saying. Did you not see Adam’s post? And did you not see this was with Simone’s blessing?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @nala :wavey: thanks for your support! This was an exception to accommodate my request not to ship my stones. CvB created the setting. OWD set the stones. The responsibility still falls on CvB.
Agree!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The responsibility for the black sports that Adam took responsibility for and offered to fix?

This thread is so weird!

(But I hear you, Simone, that you don’t recommend CVB. I just wish this post was talking about what you really want to talk about, cause there is clearly more to this than black spots)

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So the black polishing stuff is from Adam's bench. Ok. Why the Caysie bashing? This thread is about those black spots. Why is it NOW about a refund? Am I missing something???

How do you define bashing?

I think that PS needs to post a list of banned vendors and the reasons they were banned.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about priotizing OP and doing the work herself to guarantee her satisfaction. If she outsourced her work, her name must still stand behind it.

Caysie doesn’t do bench work herself. Everyone who has worked with her knows this.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The thread was/is about black stuff that I simply had no idea what they were. I didn’t even bring up the jewelers name, nor the refund topic, so this thread wasn’t intended to bash anyone, but simply trying to find answers regarding an issue that I saw with my ring.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Caysie doesn’t do bench work herself. Everyone who has worked with her knows this.
Most brands don’t. But they back up their product. That’s the point of this thread. Customer service is related to character. This vendor was banned bc of questionable character. Hopes this clarifies my point.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nala, do you have any rings from Caysie? You seem to be pretty triggered by this.

I’m not sure Nala ever worked with Caysie If she doesn’t know Caysie isn’t a bench. I’m also unsure why she thinks Caysie misrepresents herself as a bench when she is a designer only, with a MFA I think.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nala, do you have any rings from Caysie? You seem to be pretty triggered by this.
I have no dog in this race except to promote transparency. Read my last post to you.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most brands don’t. But they back up their product. That’s the point of this thread. Customer service is related to character. This vendor was banned bc of questionable character. Hopes this clarifies my point.
Ok, you seemed all over the place saying if she isn’t a bench then she is dishonest, when everyone who works with her knows she isn’t a bench. Then you said she never should have outsourced to Adam when simone said she asked Caysie for that. So I wasn’t sure where you were going,other than in circles..... shrugs shoulders...

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not sure Nala ever worked with Caysie If she doesn’t know Caysie isn’t a bench. I’m also unsure why she thinks Caysie misrepresents herself as a bench when she is a designer only, with a MFA I think.
No. I’m not a fan of hers. And I’m simply trying to support OP when others are dismissing her concerns. That is what RT is about.
Don’t you agree that it’s dangeroud to recommend banned vendors on a consumer forum? I’ve been following OP’s thread and have seen her evolve from a die hard fan like you to a disappointed customer who has every right to tread cautiously. How do you not see that?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ummmm??

The only thing you have clarified is that you are backpedaling big time.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, you seemed all over the place saying if she isn’t a bench then she is dishonest, when everyone who works with her knows she isn’t a bench. Then you said she never should have outsourced to Adam when simone said she asked Caysie for that. So I wasn’t sure where you were going,other than in circles..... shrugs shoulders...
I have noticed that you have a hard time following threads. No worries!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ummmm??

The only thing you have clarified is that you are backpedaling big time.
And you can’t identufy sarcasm. Lol. Have a great day.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LOL! Nala, do you think Caysie is the bench person who physically makes the rings? Do you think David Klass makes his rings? Um no. Caysie is a designer. She uses bench jewelers to fabricate the jewelry she designs. In this case out of courtesy to Simone, she asked Adam if his bench could finish the ring and set her stones because it would be the fastest way to get the completed ring to her!!!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. I’m not a fan of hers. And I’m simply trying to support OP when others are dismissing her concerns. That is what RT is about.
Don’t you agree that it’s dangeroud to recommend banned vendors on a consumer forum? I’ve been following OP’s thread and have seen her evolve from a die hard fan like you to a disappointed customer who has every right to tread cautiously. How do you not see that?

So you haven't worked with her but you are "not a fan of hers." Ok. No one is dismissing her concerns. But she has posted on like 3 threads steering people away from CVB because of "structural metal issues." And the recommended Vendor list includes Caysie. Banned or not, a LOT of us have multiple rings made by her with no issues.

Dangerous to recommend her? Give me a break....

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ladies, I don’t think that this discussion is going anywhere productive. We now know what the “black stuff” are so my question has been answered. Obviously, we all have our own preferences for working or not with given vendors. There are plenty of vendors that we like or don’t like simply based on finished work that we have seen or experiences we have read about, even if we have not worked with said vendors. So there is nothing wrong about having opinions or preferences.

Please, let’s just remember what this forum is all about and be kind to one other. :)

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don’t consider myself a die hard fan; I have had one ring made by Caysie and I like it and have had no problems. I said on the other person’s Thread that I thought Caysie should replace the snapped ring. I said in this thread that I would be sympathetic if this ring had structural issues. I also said to Simone that I heard her when she said she is done with CVB.

That Caysie was banned is of no consequence to me. Mods can make it a sticky if they want to. I don’t particularly care one way or the other. Caysie is banned for shilling. It’s not dangerous. I recommend,her: Simone does not. No worries.

What are you trying to read into my posts and why?

If there is nothing wrong with ring 2 other than polish compound that Adam has offered to fix, then it seems Caysie has fixed the problem and I think it is bizarre people started bringing up refunds for it. Simone pointed out that she was not party to that, and we can all see she is right about that.

You are coming acrossed as triggered or personally affected by this polish compound on Simone’s ring,

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes - something must have happened for OP to go from defending CVB staunchly in ilikeshiny's thread, being a repeat customer, to requesting a refund (which was changed to a remake).

If I were CVB I'd take back the setting, offer a refund and be done with OP. It sounds like the project is tainted for both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results