shape
carat
color
clarity

Binge watching Bridgerton on Netflix. Anyone else?

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone else manage to figure out who Whistledown was before the finale reveal?

While I was watching episode 3, I suddenly had the thought of "well I'm rather sure this person is Lady Whistledown, even if I can't entirely else out all other candidates by logic."

My hunch and certainty grew stronger and stronger every episode that followed, so by the time they showed who was under that cloak I was happily vindicated.

I cannot enjoy most mystery books because apart from the ones written by the most exceptional authors, such as J K Rowling and Laurie R King, I generally figure out the culprit or solution 1/3 of the way through the book, and the remaining 2/3 feels like a chore to plod through.

You don’t actually find out who she is until the fourth book.

I can’t quite remember but I don’t think I thought it was her in the first book as the book and the show is different in some regards.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She played Atia of the Julii in one of my favorite series ever, Rome.
I guess I'll have to check this out. I hope I can enjoy it as the gossip girl in empire waists that it most assuredly will be and not be compulsively clocking every period 'wrong' I see.
I'll go in with an open mind.

Yes!!!, That was it, Rome, one of my favorites!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I've decided I'm going to start watching tonight or tomorrow, just for Polly Walker.
She's fantastic.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who is your favorite character? My favorite character is Eloise! And I find the Duke so handsome.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WTF. Is this some kind of British Real Housewives? I watched half the first epi and decided it was not for me. Should I revisit?

Last edited:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finished last night. I enjoyed it even though it isn’t in my usual wheelhouse. I did guess correctly about who Mrs Whistledown was!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I'm watching it a little at a time lol. But omg. Those red stones on Lady Danbury. So so so gorgeous on her!! They looked like rubies but maybe they were garnets or spinel? Whatever they were. I started rethinking my loyalty to eventually amassing a sapphire set of jewellery lmao!!! I'm going to need the next 3.5 years to think long and hard about what I buy next lol :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I've watched the first two episodes & so far I've really enjoyed it=)2

elizat

Ideal_Rock
WTF. Is this some kind of British Real Housewives? I watched half the first epi and decided it was not for me. Should I revisit?

I didn't get it either. I think if it resonates with you it's sounds like it's wonderful fluffy TV, but if it doesn't don't try to make it fit. Plenty of other stuff out there.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Because I figured out quite early on who Lady Whistledown was and Eloise didn't, I just ended up finding Eloise silly since she spent all that time fruitlessly and cluelessly. Lady Danbury would be my favorite character, someone who decides her own fate.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
I enjoyed the books and was interested in watching this. The Duke is hot! And scenes are pretty (no horse poo anywhere!). But gosh, the dialog and storyline is so boring to me. I'm on episode 3, does it get better? I didn't even notice the sex scenes... I'm pretty much watching just to stare at the Duke lol

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dizzyakira stick with it if you can. The second scenes get racy around episode 5ish... the storyline gets a little better.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I am weird. We started watching this last night and I hate it.
The characters annoy me and it feels quite contrived.
I like the clothing, the jewelry (but it doesn't look real) and the accents. And the pretty people. But that is it.

ETA: We only watched one and half episodes. I kept hoping it was going to get better.

ETA2: My dh says it's like "Gossip Girl" in a period piece. I never watched "Gossip Girl" so I cannot say if he is right or not lol.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
I loved Downton Abbey and thought Brigderton would be similar . Watched first episode last night and did not like it at all . Actors don't know how to act , very boring dialogues .

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I am weird. We started watching this last night and I hate it.
The characters annoy me and it feels quite contrived.
I like the clothing, the jewelry (but it doesn't look real) and the accents. And the pretty people. But that is it.

ETA: We only watched one and half episodes. I kept hoping it was going to get better.

ETA2: My dh says it's like "Gossip Girl" in a period piece. I never watched "Gossip Girl" so I cannot say if he is right or not lol.
This is exactly what my husband said too haha. Old timey gossip girl.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
The show is tons of fun but not for history buffs if you are really into keeping everything to that time period. Since some ladies wore corsets and outfits that are more Victorian in style, same for the prints. But it’s not really setting out to be that authentic.

I find it incredibly refreshing to see a multi-ethnic, diverse cast populating regency England and never knew I wanted to see this so much in the books of my youth!

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
Just curious ….

Anyone watching season 2 right now and what do you think so far?

For myself, I don’t find the romance convincing. I miss the Duke!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Just curious ….

Anyone watching season 2 right now and what do you think so far?

For myself, I don’t find the romance convincing. I miss the Duke!

I’d say it isn’t as strong of a season. The Duke just oooooozed chemistry though! It would be impossible to top it without recasting Anthony!

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
I’d say it isn’t as strong of a season. The Duke just oooooozed chemistry though! It would be impossible to top it without recasting Anthony!

So true. I’m not convinced of the chemistry between Anthony and Didi. I cringed at those scene so far. Let’s hope it gets better soon.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
So true. I’m not convinced of the chemistry between Anthony and Didi. I cringed at those scene so far. Let’s hope it gets better soon.

It’s not her fault, I think the sisters and their mom are fabulous and I love the aspect of bringing in Indian fashion, culture and jewelry :kiss2: but the chemistry was not there for me…

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m loving the dresses and the jewellery and the sets, but having read the book, I’m not feeling the chemistry either! Kate is too severe and Anthony is coming across as a bit of a fool. In the book Edwina is very aware of the attraction between K and A and doesn’t really have hopes for herself, the tv show is making it look like she’s going to be very hurt by it all (I’m only on episode 3, though).

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I have not read the books. I could not wait for season 2. I knew it was going to be a while before it came out.

I was scrolling the other day and found it. I just finished the second season. I loved it. I felt the chemistry between Kate and Anthony. There was so much tension between the 2 from the first scene. The power play.

Can’t wait for the 3rd.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results