shape
carat
color
clarity

Binge watching Bridgerton on Netflix. Anyone else?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok
16089754383871541694715.jpg
Just half an hour....
Its late and im tired
I find Queen Charlotte of interests so im looking forward to seeing how she is portrayed

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I need to get onto this. I love love love period dramas. I love how much effort they put into dressing up lol makes me feel like a slob.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to like it
But im not in any way into Jane Austin type stories
Is their politics or a war soon ?

I must say i do detect a very American vibb -
Somethg i usually like, just not in period dramas set in England
Biscuits for breakfast ????
i googled Georgian period food and um .... no
The speech seems odd too
Something is not quite authentic or something

I'll watch another episode in case I'm wrong but i never got into downtown abby - but i love the Victoria series

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
I love this show. I read the book and i enjoyed it.

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
I want to like it
But im not in any way into Jane Austin type stories
Is their politics or a war soon ?

I must say i do detect a very American vibb -
Somethg i usually like, just not in period dramas set in England
Biscuits for breakfast ????
i googled Georgian period food and um .... no
The speech seems odd too
Something is not quite authentic or something

I'll watch another episode in case I'm wrong but i never got into downtown abby - but i love the Victoria series

No politics or war. All the books are entertaining and focus on all the siblings finding love ;-)
I’ve never watched Downtown Abbey either so can’t compare the two.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
No politics or war. All the books are entertaining and focus on all the siblings finding love ;-)
I’ve never watched Downtown Abbey either so can’t compare the two.

Oh dear
Its not sounding like me at all

But the costumes are fantastic
So I'll keep going for a bit

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
I’m looking forward to trying it out. The books weren’t my favorite. I read the first couple and they just weren’t for me.
I’m hoping it’s similar to Sweet Magnolias in that the Netflix series was more enjoyable for me than the books.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Omg I'm loving this show. I don't want it to end! I've binged watched nearly all of it lol.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear
Its not sounding like me at all

But the costumes are fantastic
So I'll keep going for a bit

You might like The Great which is on Hulu in the US. Also a period drama but based on Catherine the great of Russia. Very sharp and witty writing and lots of lady-in-court type drama but also politics and war!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
You might like The Great which is on Hulu in the US. Also a period drama but based on Catherine the great of Russia. Very sharp and witty writing and lots of lady-in-court type drama but also politics and war!

Thanks for the heads up
Ill keep an eye out for it

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve watched it all and thoroughly enjoyed it. Hope it’s a hit.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve watched two episodes and I enjoyed it. Now I’m interested in reading the books.

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
I’m about to start watching it now!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I heard about this show was that it’s total smut hahaha. Glad to see people enjoying it for less.... horny reasons!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
All I heard about this show was that it’s total smut hahaha. Glad to see people enjoying it for less.... horny reasons!

:lol: This made me laugh, since I said I watched it with my teen daughter! Thankfully, she was only around for episode 1!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just finished it. I really enjoyed it. I normally don’t like romance type shows but I thought it was really good. Better than Wonder Woman 1984! I did skip through the sexy time parts though. I’m not a prude but I just didn’t find them necessary in order to enjoy the show. I hope they have sequels.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just finished it. I really enjoyed it. I normally don’t like romance type shows but I thought it was really good. Better than Wonder Woman 1984! I did skip through the sexy time parts though. I’m not a prude but I just didn’t find them necessary in order to enjoy the show. I hope they have sequels.

Apparently the second book is really good and likely will make an even better series than the first!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Haha okay my whole news feed is about this show. And apparently there's a book about each sibling and their love story. I am interested to read them now. I think there were talks that the second season would be about Anthony.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
I’m ashamed to say I’m RE-watching as I type this after binge watching it 2 days ago. The story lines are good, jewelry and gowns luscious and the music is quite Interesting. It’s Jane Austen meets Barbara Cartland/Jackie Collins type of romance. This show is a hotter, much sexier Downton Abbey (though of course era is completely different).
Can’t wait for season 2!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock

I just read posts on this thread after posting mine...and I must say I’m in total agreement with everything you said! WW1984 was a major let down! It was narratively messy and just overall disappointing. The first 4 minutes were entertaining but went downhill from there on.

As for the sex scenes in Bridgerton, some of them, if not all, were wholly unnecessary. They’re shown explicitly that my partner called it
”soft ****,” lol. Not a prude either but I like it when it‘s just implied. That to me is more romantic...but I thoroughly enjoyed the series that I’m presently watching it — again :lol:

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not that i have seen these sex sceens but we are most certainly not talking about the Victorian era !

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
I too hope they make other series as my favourite book is about Hyacinth, which is the 7th book.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results