shape
carat
color
clarity

Big or Best

Amy Ng

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone.
It's me again. I understand that it's personal preference when it comes to size or sparkle. But I am struggling to make the decision.
Should I get the "amazing" and "rare" diamond ? or
Should I get a bigger Diamond and it's still as sparkle in naked eyes ?
I am getting one of these diamonds for myself. I am Asian and I like 8.8.
Which diamond would be better for re-sell ?

Please refer to attachments

G - VVS2 - 2.23 - True Hearts - 8.43 x 8.4
HCA: 1.1 . Look Big for its carat weight

G - VS2 - 2.70 - Excellent - 8.8 x 8.87
HCA: 1.6. Look Small for its carat weight

9092931.jpeg 8824984.jpeg

Attachments

• 9092931_HCA Tool.pdf
    310.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 8824984_HCA.pdf
    283.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
I like the numbers of the 2.23 as they’re within ideal parameters. Also the 2.7ct is a bit deep so you’re paying for carat weight that you won’t see.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 2.23.

m-cubed

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone.
It's me again. I understand that it's personal preference when it comes to size or sparkle. But I am struggling to make the decision.
Should I get the "amazing" and "rare" diamond ? or
Should I get a bigger Diamond and it's still as sparkle in naked eyes ?
I am getting one of these diamonds for myself. I am Asian and I like 8.8.
Which diamond would be better for re-sell ?

Please refer to attachments

G - VVS2 - 2.23 - True Hearts - 8.43 x 8.4
HCA: 1.1 . Look Big for its carat weight

G - VS2 - 2.70 - Excellent - 8.8 x 8.87
HCA: 1.6. Look Small for its carat weight

9092931.jpeg 8824984.jpeg

Don’t buy a diamond for resale value. Most of the time you’re never going to get anywhere close to what you paid retail if you should ever have to sell it. Buy it to enjoy it.

Amy Ng

Rough_Rock
Don’t buy a diamond for resale value. Most of the time you’re never going to get anywhere close to what you paid retail if you should ever have to sell it. Buy it to enjoy it.

yes. I don't think I want to sell it. just in case only/

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you think you will regret most about your purchase?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great question. I think it would be the size

So go big. But find a bigger one that checks all your boxes. Is there a reason it is only between these two? Also there a price difference?

Amy Ng

Rough_Rock
So go big. But find a bigger one that checks all your boxes. Is there a reason it is only between these two? Also there a price difference?

Cuz they are similar price range and HCA is not much different. And everyone I talked to said G-VVS2 is a rare and amazing diamond.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If size is going to be your top priority then how about going with a vendor that has a better upgrade policy? You might have to compromise on some size right now but you can upgrade later if you find it’s something you wish to do.

I know that both of your color options are G and this is an H but since each color grade has some wiggle room you can do a side by side comparison to see if they have a high H closer to a G. They will send a video also comparing.

I really like this one because it’s a compromise in size between both of your other choices but it is

Now for this one, it’s not a compromise on color and it’s an amazing stone that again is backed from a stellar vendor. It is also close to the size of the 2.23

Another fun option would be going custom cut, this is one of the best ways to get extra perks without the addition prices

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results