shape
carat
color
clarity

Big Bad Brooch Project

Shazam22

Rough_Rock
As some of you know, I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer this summer, and it’s a big adjustment. I’m starting to get my head wrapped around it, and live my life as much as possible. However chemo brain is real!

I have long admired/coveted @Neptune‘s brooch conversion bracelet, although it is of course OOAK like @Neptune. It is quite the inspiration, though I don’t want to copy it exactly. Hope she doesn’t mind providing inspo!

When I saw this brooch pop up on Dolly’s IG, I slobbered then pounced. It’s now at DK’s and his first comment is that it’s quite large, and going to be difficult to safely bend.

I am going to ask about pulling the stones and remounting after bending. Does anyone have a better idea? I really want to rock a bold cuff. IMG_7807.jpeg

I just want to wish you the very best with your treatment!

Also, whatever you do will be stunning. Can’t wait to see and hope that it’s a good luck charm :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing piece of jewelry! I'm so glad it went to a PSer!

I, too, wonder if it can be slightly bent at those S-curves where the sapphires go. May cause an issue with the outside halo
but that should be minor compared to loose stones inside the halo.

I like how this one that @lulu_ma posted is set into the bracelet and not riding on top...that's just me. It would be beautiful
no matter what! Hope DK can do his magic for you!

I also wish you improved health and strength at this time.

cloud_less

Shiny_Rock
Wow so it was you who got that amazing brooch!! I ogled it to an embarrassing amount lol. Absolutely stunning.

Anyways - say it can handle the bend, my favorite version of art-deco-brooch/bracelet-set-into-cuff is by Suzanne Belperron. I love the saddle bracelet with contrasting texture, bold and elegant at the same time.

1699597847978.png
1699597543110.png
Or, vertically similar to this structure if 4'' of solid metal might be too much:
1699598236486.png

Last edited:

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
Wow so it was you who got that amazing brooch!! I ogled it to an embarrassing amount lol. Absolutely stunning.

Anyways - say it can handle the bend, my favorite version of art-deco-brooch/bracelet-set-into-cuff is by Suzanne Belperron. I love the saddle bracelet with contrasting texture, bold and elegant at the same time.

1699597847978.png
1699597543110.png
Or, vertically similar to this structure if 4'' of solid metal might be too much:
1699598236486.png

Thank you for the inspo pictures! I am collecting them. DK is repairing the calibre sapphires now, and will send it to me then. I need to see the scale myself. I have been playing with a long paperclip chain I have, to see if I could wear it as a necklace. Both DK and Grace said it was not bendable. Sadface. Grace suggested a choker but not sure that’s a great idea for 63 years young! Have also thought of Sako to remake the platinum setting bent and setting the stones. I really want to look at all of those old cuts! IMG_5258.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results