shape
carat
color
clarity

BGD Setting + Swala Tsavorite = Much Happiness!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
W :love: W! I just Love Tsavorite!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Amazing. I really like the stone.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Portia, what a DREAM of a ring :love: :love: :love: :love: I absolutely love it! Please post hand shots as soon as you can.

Enjoy wearing it!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Portia!!! Your new ring is soooo FAB- I loove the color of that stone and the setting is just divine!!! Cant wait to see more pics!!! :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is really gorgeous! BGD always does such a nice job!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
arjunajane said:
portia said:
arjunajane said:
Portia,
this is just beautiful! That first front on shot is breathtaking.
I was actually hoping to ask you a few questions as I am currently deciding on a tsav from Swala and your input
would be appreciated..I tried to post in your thread about the gem but it is locked.
Do you mind if I ask here?

Congrats again, so pretty!

thanks arjunajane! Feel free to ask me any questions about swala's tsavs. I highly recommend them! So which one are you looking at? :naughty:

Thanks Portia!

I currently have 3 different ones of roughly the same size but different cuts on hold, and am just waiting for Eric to get back from traveling to discuss options for going up perhaps another ~half ct - it's not like I'm going to be buying another fine tsav anytime soon, right - may as well do it right ;)) :)
I am choosing ones from the new find that was mined whilst looking for tanzanite.

I was wondering if you have Swala's listing photo for your stone?
Did you find the colour matched what you expected from photos and descriptions? (Personally, it's very important to me
that mine is not overly dark in tone..)
How do you find the cutting, as your cushion looks very nicely faceted in the photos. (Eric advised it is not precision cutting like in the US sense, but the ones I'm considering are all nicely cut.)

Cheers for offering your advice, can't wait to see your photos!

aj, Here's the listing photo. I feel that the stone is a bit darker than the swala photo. What my eye sees is closer to the BGD front-facing photo. The stone seemed a bit lighter than the BDG photo (to my eye) when it was loose, but now that it is set in a a bezel setting it looks like the first photo. As far as the cutting goes, it's not precision, but is nicely cut and very well polished. Now keep in mind... I am the one that posted the brownish spess with huge window so my advice may not be the best. lol ;))

Attachments

• tsav.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 601

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you again for all the wonderful comments. I was so nervous since this was my first gemstone project. I took some photos, but they didn't come out very good - they look very dark. I'll post them, but will have to try for some better ones later. My DH has all the professional photography equipment and we take the worst photos! I'm always amazed at everyone's photos here... so what's he trick?

DSC_4786.JPG

DSC_4787.jpg

DSC_4789.jpg

DSC_4803.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Circe said:
*Great* stone - who cut that? :love:

Circe, the stone is from Swala Gem Traders and they cut their own stones.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
gemgirl said:
portia, it's absolutely stunning in every way. The stone, the mounting, the workmanship - all gorgeous! I'm anxious to see it on your hand. How large is your Tsav mm wise; and what size if your finger?

Thanks gemgirl! The stone measures 8.2 x 8.1 x 5.3 and the ring is size 5.75.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Portia it's gorgeous!! I love the handshots!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning, stunning, just simply stunning.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: Is Right! It is stunning. I love the color of the tsavorite too.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
portia said:
arjunajane said:
Thanks Portia!

I currently have 3 different ones of roughly the same size but different cuts on hold, and am just waiting for Eric to get back from traveling to discuss options for going up perhaps another ~half ct - it's not like I'm going to be buying another fine tsav anytime soon, right - may as well do it right ;)) :)
I am choosing ones from the new find that was mined whilst looking for tanzanite.

Did you find the colour matched what you expected from photos and descriptions? (Personally, it's very important to me
How do you find the cutting, as your cushion looks very nicely faceted in the photos. (Eric advised it is not precision cutting like in the US sense, but the ones I'm considering are all nicely cut.)

aj, Here's the listing photo. I feel that the stone is a bit darker than the swala photo. What my eye sees is closer to the BGD front-facing photo. The stone seemed a bit lighter than the BDG photo (to my eye) when it was loose, but now that it is set in a a bezel setting it looks like the first photo. As far as the cutting goes, it's not precision, but is nicely cut and very well polished. Now keep in mind... I am the one that posted the brownish spess with huge window so my advice may not be the best. lol ;))

Thank you Portia for the info and the photo, I do appreciate it.
I think the cutting on yours is really lovely, it looks very even and accurate from the pics.

Your stone is very pretty, I wish I could afford one closer to that size ;)) At the moment I am looking in the 1.5 - 2ct range.

I wouldn't be concerned about the photos, I found a tsav that I purchased pretty hard to capture accurately (I ended up returning as was too dark in tone for my personal taste). I recall the gorgeous photos of your gems that I believe you DH took? Can't wait to see more of your photos, and cheers again for your advice - regardless of that spess you made a great choice with your tsav! ::)

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! The color on your tsavorite is just divine!!!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
That stone...That color!!! :love:
In real life is the color more like BGD's photo, or the darker ones that you've just posted?

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!! What a beautiful ring!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just spectacular! Love it!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Simply stunning :love:

pistolpete1979

Rough_Rock
So glad you posted these pictures, as I'm having BGD set my 0.93ct square cushion H&D in this setting, and they said they didn't have any images of a cushion in this setting.

The ring looks awesome, and I hope you're over the moon with it! :)

Rae~

Shiny_Rock
( speechless )

....drools....

Wow. Gorgeous colour!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just a showstopping ring!!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
OMG! This is GORGEOUS!!!! The vivid green of the Tsavorite is delectable!
I love the whole combo!!!!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Yummy!!!!!!!!!!

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
O M G !!!! It's so beautiful!!!!!! Congrats!!! BGD did a fantastic job and I LOVEEEEE the stone! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
You may know already, but he wrote a blog about it!
**Link removed by moderator. No linking to blogs per PS policies**

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I seriously just gasped when I saw that. It. Is. STUNNING. The color is so luscious!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Your new ring is fantastic. I love beautiful green stones, and yours is great. The setting is wonderful. You have a great piece there, and I hope you are able to wear it often and enjoy its beauty. :appl:

portia

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry I posted pics and didn't return to this thread. Work has kept me incredibly busy the last couple of weeks. Ugh!! I'm having PS withdrawl!

Thanks everyone for the comments on the handshots. I think I need to work on my photography skills since what I see is not how the photos turned out - except for the first photo... that seems to be more what my eyes see. Gemstones are so moody!!

When doing research for this ring I went to Tiffany to try on one of their gemstone Legacy rings. They had a reddish-pink spinel about the same size as my tsavorite. Really beautiful ring... and it was 40K!!!!!! :o I couldn't believe it! Yeah, I'll stick with replica rings thank you.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
arjunajane said:
portia said:
arjunajane said:
Thanks Portia!

Thank you Portia for the info and the photo, I do appreciate it.
I think the cutting on yours is really lovely, it looks very even and accurate from the pics.

Your stone is very pretty, I wish I could afford one closer to that size ;)) At the moment I am looking in the 1.5 - 2ct range.

I wouldn't be concerned about the photos, I found a tsav that I purchased pretty hard to capture accurately (I ended up returning as was too dark in tone for my personal taste). I recall the gorgeous photos of your gems that I believe you DH took? Can't wait to see more of your photos, and cheers again for your advice - regardless of that spess you made a great choice with your tsav! ::)

Thanks AJ! I can't wait to see your stone when you get it!

I guess tsavorites are just difficult to capture correctly in photos. Seems like some stones are more photogenic than others. When my DH took photos of my stones that I posted in CS we used a light tent. That seemed to really bring out the color. We'll have to try putting the ring in the light tent and see how those turn out.

I'll be checking CS for your new tsav!!!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
choro72 said:
That stone...That color!!! :love:
In real life is the color more like BGD's photo, or the darker ones that you've just posted?

Thanks Choro! It really depends on the lighting. It seems to be happiest in indirect lighting. That's when it looks like the first bgd photo.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results