shape
carat
color
clarity

BF is being weird -- sign he has something planned?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lilylover

Shiny_Rock
As I said in a previous post last week, my birthday is today (the 24th) and I am suspicious that BF will be proposing within the next few days. I am 99 percent sure that he has the ring.

Anyway, he went in on a bday gift for me with my mom and sister. They got me 2 purses from Coach. He didn't seem all that excited about giving me the purses and when I mentioned this to him later he said "Well it was kind of a last minute idea. I didn't get to see what they looked like or anything before you got them. I got you something else, too."

This was on Sunday, when we celebrated my birthday as a family.

I have asked a couple of times in the last few days what else he got me (we usually give each other hints about presents) and his reply was either, "Shhh.." or something silly like, "I got you a watermelon."

So today I asked (playfully) when I would get my other b-day present. I won't be seeing him today or tonight at all, so it'd have to be Thursday or Friday. He goes, "Oh.. I was just joking about getting you another present."

...What?! Why would anyone joke about getting someone a gift? I mentioned to him that that wasn't very nice, and he told me that he was just planning on taking me out to dessert as my other present and apologized for "tricking" me.

Now, just moments ago he changed his wording from dessert to dinner. I asked him if we are going out tomorrow or Friday, and he didn't answer! I am waiting for his reply (we've been texting, and it's been 20 minutes) and I am so confused!

If he were going to take me out to dinner it seems like he would let me know when (so I don't make other plans) and what I should wear, if it should be dressy or casual. AND it seems like if this really was his plan all along, he would have told me that he was just going to take me out, not specifically mention that he got me something else, too.

I feel like he is trying to throw me off the scent.
Maybe I am reading into this too much? What do you girls think?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
sounds fishy...

**dust**

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
first off, Happy Birthday!!!! i hope it''ll be a great one! it kind of sucks you won''t be seeing him today at all but, hopefully he''ll make it up to you during dinner. it does sound like he''s being a bit fishy to me but, does he act like this on any other special occasion or past birthdays? he could be planning a surprise party for you and friends since you celebrated with your family on Sunday? either way, i''m going to send some *dust* your way. even if nothing happens, i hope you two have a good time celebrating your birthday anyway!
36.gif

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t think too much about it - just let it happen. Don''t ask too many questions and spoil his surprise for you (and for yourself) and especially don''t build everything up if you think you will be very upset if it does not happen. Too many wonderful ladies have had that happen to them.

Just enjoy the moment - whatever that moment may bring.

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Happy Birthday!!!! and DUST!!!
9.gif

lilylover

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the advice and all the dust and birthday wishes!

I am going to calm down and realize that it IS going to happen. At some point. I am going to enjoy him taking me out to dinner even if nothing happens!

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Good for you! Enjoy! And Happy Birthday again!
21.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilylover - update us to whats going on??? Its the 26th...did her propose or not????
19.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 7:27:53 PM
Author: tyty333
lilylover - update us to whats going on??? Its the 26th...did her propose or not????
19.gif
Linky
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results