shape
carat
color
clarity

Bezelling a marquise?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll get you a hand shot soon as I am traveling without the ring. I love the presence, I think the orientation makes it look bigger. One think you need to consider is if the stone is large (and long) and if it sets low, the ends may touch and irritate your other fingers by poking them.

Haha I’m not sure I need it to look bigger! But I do think the EW orientation will make it read less like an engagement ring (I plan to wear it as a rhr). Hmm. I’ll try to make sure it’s either short enough or set high enough to minimize poking.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Couldn’t help take some photos on the office.
E59FFE63-0AA9-46C8-8BD5-CBD5E310B6BE.jpeg 7E87607E-189B-485F-804D-213FCD435871.jpeg

Already you are enjoying Hazel more than me! In terms of taking her out of the house! I never took her to work once! I’m thrilled for you that she’s seeing the light of day!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Already you are enjoying Hazel more than me! In terms of taking her out of the house! I never took her to work once! I’m thrilled for you that she’s seeing the light of day!

Heck yes! And I"m not even engaged or married. :razz:
If people I don't know well ask me about it or give me side eye, I just say my grandmother recently passed and I'm resetting it into something to wear in her honor (which is true), and they assume I inherited it (which isn't true, but I won't correct the assumption).

Also I work in a hospital and there is lots of big bling around, doesn't really stand out much other than that I'm wearing it as a RHR and it looks very engagement ring like and I"m of an age that I think people are expecting me to get engaged/married soon. It's like how every time I rub my stomach or complain of feeling nauseous, someone asks if I'm pregnant. Sigh

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heck yes! And I"m not even engaged or married. :razz:
If people I don't know well ask me about it or give me side eye, I just say my grandmother recently passed and I'm resetting it into something to wear in her honor (which is true), and they assume I inherited it (which isn't true, but I won't correct the assumption).

Also I work in a hospital and there is lots of big bling around, doesn't really stand out much other than that I'm wearing it as a RHR and it looks very engagement ring like and I"m of an age that I think people are expecting me to get engaged/married soon. It's like how every time I rub my stomach or complain of feeling nauseous, someone asks if I'm pregnant. Sigh

I love that answer, even moreso because it's true!

Also... omg I have a small bladder and so much throughout my life have been asked if I'm pregnant because I go to the ladies' all the time. Agh. People are nosy!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh. The next two weeks waiting for my jeweler to return from vacation may just kill me. And then there’s more waiting afterwards for fabrication and all that.

I hate waiting. Lol

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh. The next two weeks waiting for my jeweler to return from vacation may just kill me. And then there’s more waiting afterwards for fabrication and all that.

I hate waiting. Lol

I feel ya! Can I help enable in the mean time? Any mock-ups ya wanna see? :mrgreen2:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel ya! Can I help enable in the mean time? Any mock-ups ya wanna see? :mrgreen2:

Haha. I think I scratched my mock up itch with all the gold foil shenanigans!
Thank you though!!

It’s mostly as I’m wearing her and look down and go “it’s so pretty” and part of my brain goes “but imagine how much prettier she’ll be reset! “. Aaaaaand then I get itchy with impatience. And start looking up jewelry classes so someday I can just do it myself lol

Last edited:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uh oh. I’m stuck. Halp!
Two tone or all gold?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOh late to this thread but IMO this setting is TDF...saw it in person and I was smitten. From Grace's personal (for now) collection..up close and amazbling IRL. :kiss2:
@MakingTheGrade here ya go...

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 7.48.01 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 7.48.08 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 7.48.16 AM.png

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that is a honker

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mockturtle

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on getting a beautiful stone!

I had this image saved in my inspiration folder. Just another idea/inspiration =)2

FB0F473B-EEC1-4120-8EF8-888197861F2B.jpeg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on getting a beautiful stone!

I had this image saved in my inspiration folder. Just another idea/inspiration =)2

FB0F473B-EEC1-4120-8EF8-888197861F2B.jpeg

Thanks! I figured since my jeweler is out I'll wear her as is for the next 2 weeks so I won't miss her as much when she's being reset.

I love that setting! I'm happy to hoard inspiration pics in this thread for marquise stones! This is my first but I can tell it won't be my last. The spread is totally awesome and does wonder for DDS.

I'm not sure how much I'll love the EW thing, if I'll love it initially and then find it too trendy later? Who knows. I might try to poke around Jewelers Row in Philly and see what there is to try on. :Up_to_something:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
F97F316A-7BAF-464E-8E6F-50C4FA4810E2.jpeg F02DC6EE-9086-49C2-BF2B-9463D38B6DE9.jpeg Found these photos in Lange. It’s 1.32 ct but the length is pretty close to mine at 12mm so helps give me a sense of wideness. It’s a size 6 so I’m optimistic I’ll have the finger space for this style!

This diamond was headed a fancy light yellow too so I’m optimistic the reset will really punch up the color!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
F97F316A-7BAF-464E-8E6F-50C4FA4810E2.jpeg F02DC6EE-9086-49C2-BF2B-9463D38B6DE9.jpeg Found these photos in Lange. It’s 1.32 ct but the length is pretty close to mine at 12mm so helps give me a sense of wideness. It’s a size 6 so I’m optimistic I’ll have the finger space for this style!

This diamond was headed a fancy light yellow too so I’m optimistic the reset will really punch up the color!

LOVE this setting for your marquise.:love:
Edgy yet delicate and feminine. Beautiful.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks!

Apparent Catherine zeta jones has a 10ct antique marquise set EW that’s 2.5 million dollars or so.
C87A3956-C9B2-4993-A3C7-ED168356E933.jpeg

Can you tell I’m trying to pass time while waiting for my jeweler to return by googling marquise setting inspiration photos non stop? Lol

david b

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I would never leave the Marquise points free, this is a weapon, you should either cover them with straight prongs
0313060.JPEG

Or cornered prongs
0309908.JPEG

Bezelling a Marquise diamond will give the ring a Vintage look it is very nice option for Vintage lovers

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would never leave the Marquise points free, this is a weapon, you should either cover them with straight prongs
0313060.JPEG

Or cornered prongs
0309908.JPEG

Bezelling a Marquise diamond will give the ring a Vintage look it is very nice option for Vintage lovers

Any pros/cons for one type of prong over the other or is it just aesthetic preference

david b

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The cornered prongs are much better resisting to bents

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love Hazel set as is but I can’t even imagine how spectacular she will be reset! I’m so excited for you!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mostly just want to see her celebrated for her Yellow yumminess!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She looks fantastic on you!!!!!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I saw this one on intstagram.
Screen Shot 2018-11-04 at 12.09.03 PM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results